As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil 6 Out Oct 2nd.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Someone help me out here. I am looking for those hilarious videos that were cut together of different soundclips from the first RE. I can not for the life of me remember what they were called.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ah found it, Resident Hazard,

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/new-guys/phelous/10135-reshazard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4JJorz5SU

There are a bunch of them, but for some reason only the first one is on Youtube..

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    So uh, anyone here ever have to deal with co-op repeatedly disconnecting? I'm trying to play with @solket and we can't seem to stand in the same room for more than a minute or two before we get a connection error. My PS3 has a Type 2 NAT, haven't had this problem with anything else.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How long, on average, is Ada's campaign in RE6?

My friend and I have been playing this split-screen coop on the weekends and I'm trying to figure out how to budget our time for the rest of the game. We have finished Jake and Chris's campaigns. This coming Saturday we will finish Leon's campaign.

We've cleared the other 3 campaigns in about 8-10 hours a piece. It seems each chapter in Leon, Chris, Jake takes about an hour and a half to two hours. A bit less for chapter 5.

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    anyone still playing mercs in 5 or 6?

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    picked up revelations for $13 on the ps3, pretty excited to try that out. it cant be worse than 6 or ORC right? right guys?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    picked up revelations for $13 on the ps3, pretty excited to try that out. it cant be worse than 6 or ORC right? right guys?

Hell of a lot better.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Revelations is indeed better than 6 if you want something closer to 4 or even a little older than that. The story is still goofy as hell, too.

• Options
    Is Revelations worth picking up on the PC over the ps3 version? Does it scale well to 1080 and have 60fps?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Phonehand wrote: »

I am. I'm kind of dismayed that they've apparently released other stages as DLC, but not other characters/skins?

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Phonehand wrote: »

I am. I'm kind of dismayed that they've apparently released other stages as DLC, but not other characters/skins?

Didn't they add the L4D2 characters?

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    darklilithdarklilith Registered User regular
    hey all, i've been playing RE games from 1 to 4 (on the ps2) and i decided to try the rest of the saga, but i've been reading very bad opinions about the rest of the games... are they really that bad? and why?

• Options
    darklilith wrote: »
    hey all, i've been playing RE games from 1 to 4 (on the ps2) and i decided to try the rest of the saga, but i've been reading very bad opinions about the rest of the games... are they really that bad? and why?

Not... Bad but very... different. Don't expect expect much survival or horror in 5 and 6. Though I do recommend Revelations, especially if you liked 4.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Revelations is great.
    5 is.. okay.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Raid mode. Capcom: give me stand-alone fleshed out 4 player raid mode.

xsFnKTH.png

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/82733/resident-evil-4-hd-coming-to-pc-in-february

Sounds like we're getting Resident Evil 4 HD for the PC in February. That is very good news!

This will be the...... 4th time buying the game. No regrets.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    i just saw that on the update! very excited, totally buying it again too.

the old release is just too shitty to play these days, even with all the texture upgrades and the enb bullshit.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    the "HD" update for 360/PS3 was really shitty as well so I'm glad it looks like they're actually doing a proper pass this time.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    the 360/ps3 versions of re4hd are about 4gb. this pc version is 15 fucking gb.

i hope that is full on textures.

• Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpKbfrMvNo

THAT CLOCK, AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Edit: We can only hope it returns, and in greater numbers.

Katsuhiro 1139 on
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    So ... Not wishing to seem ungrateful about RE4HD on Steam, but I hope that's just a prelude to announcing they're patching GFWL out of RE5 PC.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    RE4!!! Fuck yeah.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    It's out! Has anyone tried it yet? It's installed but I'm sorta at work right now... I shouldn't double click on it or anything....

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm curious to know how it works.

Are the textures retouched? Does it work well with a 360 pad? Does it use the Gamecube set of effects or the PS2 set (blegh)? Are cutscenes rendered in real time or FMV, and if the later is it some seriously grainy bullshit?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    So far it's very pretty but it's definitely just an uprezzed game. Not that I'm complaining.

Mouse aiming is a bit odd. But the game was built around tank controls so I'm guessing that is why.

• Options
    I will say the textures ARE better, but everything else is untouched. Looks great for a game that came out in 2005 on the Gamecube. :P

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Some of the animations seem to be set at 30fps which is.. weird.
    The rifle reloading animation is one that I have seen personally.

• Options
    Oh great, thanks for pointing that out Rizzi. :)

• Options
    If you're using the keyboard/mouse controls... The rolling rock that chases you... You tap X as fast as you can and X + C to roll. Just so you're ready when it happens.

• Options
    are the cutscenes in-game now?

also where are all those gigs going? the 360/ps3 versions are like 4-5gigs and steam is saying this version is 15gb or something last time i checked. and from what i've seen of the hd textures they don't exactly look like they are using 10gb worth of space.

• Options
    The cutscenes looked good, but not remastered.

• Options
    Yeah I'm not sure. The HD Textures alone take up 5GB of space. The regular textures are 1.7GB.

• Options
    gijohn13gijohn13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I just want to ask I'm playing Resident Evil Nemesis(pc port), I've just beaten the game on hard mode, got Rank D and no mercenary mode has come up. I'm I supposed to get a higher rank than D to get it or is something else going on?

gijohn13 on
    Brawl code 1118-1722-8514
    3ds code: 1779 0686 9264
  • Options
    you get merc mode when you beat the game, if i remember right (at least on ps1) you have save mercs in a separate file slot and you load mercs through that.

• Options
    RE4:UHDE definitely plays better with a controller. I plugged in my PS3 controller and it just plays so much better. The mouse still isn't good enough for the game.

Shame too because the Wii Pointer controls were awesome.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So is the version of RE4 on Steam right now actually good to play? The Two Best Friends are tackling it and it looks pretty decent

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It's a very good version. a few small oddities in controls, Buuuut, they patched out the major problem, so it is honestly the best version of the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    It's a very good version. a few small oddities in controls, Buuuut, they patched out the major problem, so it is honestly the best version of the game.

It may not be the best looking, but I still think the Wii Edition of Resident Evil 4 is the best. It's at least my favorite.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    The PC version can be modded so that Leon keeps his leather jacket, therefore it is the best version.