As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil 6 Out Oct 2nd.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

is that running on the re6 engine? hot damn i can't wait to play that shit, hope capcom doesn't get all c&d with them.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Resident Evil 2 redone with Resident Evil 4 controls and updated graphics would be the best Resident Evil ever.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Resident Evil 2 redone with Resident Evil 4 controls and updated graphics would be the best Resident Evil ever.

I loved the old tank controls and static camera so I'll have to disagree with you here. :P

• Options
    RE4 for the PC still has issues with the mouse acceleration though. I ended up switching to the controller because I couldn't really aim right with it. The Wii version is still the best (IMO).

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »

I loved the old tank controls and static camera so I'll have to disagree with you here. :P

Never understood the love of the static camera. Tank controls I can dig (if the game is designed around them), but I prefer a movable camera.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    I felt like it was more movie-like for me and added to the suspense when you could hear the zombies shuffling around but not see them.

• Options
    I'm under absolutely no illusion that I hold the majority opinion on static cameras.

There's literally dozens of us!

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I'm under absolutely no illusion that I hold the majority opinion on static cameras.

There's literally dozens of us!

Burn the witches!

In other news: RE7 is going to make so much money. All they have to do is do the exact opposite of what they did in RE6. So. Much. Money.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    RE4 for the PC still has issues with the mouse acceleration though. I ended up switching to the controller because I couldn't really aim right with it. The Wii version is still the best (IMO).
    Huh. I haven't had any real issues with aiming. I didn't really notice the acceleration.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Huh. I haven't had any real issues with aiming. I didn't really notice the acceleration.

I felt like the sensitivity was so low and it was moving at a constant rate. Whenever I pulled out my gun and had to aim it was very slow going in comparison to how the Wii version felt.

• Options
    Well, to be fair to that one, that's how all versions but the wii version play.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Well, to be fair to that one, that's how all versions but the wii version play.

True, but it was very jarring to me having using KBAM for as long as I have. Plus I didn't like the QTEs for KBAM. Controller worked best all around.

• Options
    I will give you the QTE's for KBAM. But I got around the slow aiming issue by bumping up the sensitivity, and I'm just headshotting fools forever.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Yeah I moved the bar to the max and turned up my mouse sensitivity and it was still ass-dragging slow.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm, here's to hopint Capcom actually knows what they want to do with the series this time around.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    That RE2 fan remake thing looks pretty cool! Capcom should hire these people to do full RE 1-3 remakes in the style of RE4. That would be awesome.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I could deal with a Crimson Head or Hunter charging directly at me.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I felt like it was more movie-like for me and added to the suspense when you could hear the zombies shuffling around but not see them.

I agree.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

I agree.

REmake used this to great effect in a couple of rooms. Mainly by using the fixed camera position and some mirrors.

Heck even the original when you turn a corner and then your character slowly backs back into view and there's a zombie shambling towards you.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Glad to know roughly half of the people who like the static camera are here in this forum!

• Options
    KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I don't mind the static camera, just hate the tank controls tied to it. RE2 64 had a great 'analog' setup that made the direction you pressed on the stick move you in relation to the camera, and if it switched, you could hold the last direction to keep going forward on the same path. I understand the 'tension' thing, but...it turns into more of a frustration for me. The tank controls work perfectly in RE4 because of the free, behind-the-shoulder camera.

Kroenen on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The RE5 DLC where you started out in a mansion kinda similar to the Arklay mountains mansion from the first game had an easter egg where if you tried to open the front door to get out, you just got a question mark response. Do it three times, and the camera changed to an RE1/2/3 fixed camera.

• Options
    The RE5 DLC where you started out in a mansion kinda similar to the Arklay mountains mansion from the first game had an easter egg where if you tried to open the front door to get out, you just got a question mark response. Do it three times, and the camera changed to an RE1/2/3 fixed camera.

No way. I never buy DLC but....

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

No way. I never buy DLC but....

The mansion DLC for 5 was straight up RE1 fan service through and through. Apparently the layout is similar and knowing how it was done originally makes it easier to find Easter Eggs.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    For all the shit it got, I still always come back to RE5 as one of my favorite games of last generation.

I rarely replay anything now, and I played through RE5 4 times. Twice solo on different difficulties, and twice co-op.

The mood in RE4 may have been better, but when it comes to amount of time I spent, I don't think any game in the series was better than 5 for me.

By comparison, everyone I co-op'd RE5 with bailed on co-op for RE6, and I never even finished Leon's parts. What a mess.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Is that included on the PC version? I don't see any DLC as an option for RE5 on Steam...

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Is that included on the PC version? I don't see any DLC as an option for RE5 on Steam...

From what I recall, the RE5 DLC was never released on PC.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    God damn it Capcom.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    God damn it Capcom.

Both DLC missions are pretty great! The one I've already mentioned (Lost in Nightmares) is Chris and Jill in a horror setting, and the other (Desperate Escape) is Jill and Josh in an action setting. They both take a couple of hours each to play through, and have pretty good replayability.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    God damn it Capcom.

Both DLC missions are pretty great! The one I've already mentioned (Lost in Nightmares) is Chris and Jill in a horror setting, and the other (Desperate Escape) is Jill and Josh in an action setting. They both take a couple of hours each to play through, and have pretty good replayability.

God damn it Capcom.

• Options
    Resident Evil is the only game series I have ALWAYS played on Playstation and nothing else.

• Options
    Resident Evil is the only game series I have ALWAYS played on Playstation and nothing else.

I can't believe you missed out on REmake. You poor man.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Is it because of the controller?
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    God damn it Capcom.

God damn it Capcom.

Well their loss. I would have rebought the game on PC with the added DLC.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Long shot in the dark, but RE5:Gold was a PS Plus offer about a year or so back, if by chance you were a subscriber back then and downloaded it and just forgot about it. That's got the DLC in it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

I've never played anything on a Gamecube. I have seen them in the wild, so I know they exist, I've just never used one, or even held the controller.

• Options

Is it because of the controller?

Nah. Much as I like the Playstation controller, for a long time I was a console-only gamer, and the console I had was a Playstation. I had (more than one...) 360, but I got RE5 and 6 on the PS3 because the one working 360 console I had at the end I gave away to my best mate when his died.

• Options

I've never played anything on a Gamecube. I have seen them in the wild, so I know they exist, I've just never used one, or even held the controller.

Well, you could've played it on Wii.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular

Likewise. Although at this point I just want them to announce they're patching out GFWL.

• Options

Well, you could've played it on Wii.

I have used a Wii on a grand total of two occasions. I wreck face at the swordfighting game. Like, 50-0 undefeated. That is all.

• Options
    JOE_1967 wrote: »

Likewise. Although at this point I just want them to announce they're patching out GFWL.

Jeeze I'm glad you mentioned that. I was real close to just buying it anyway if it ever went on sale.