Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW Game 64 - Khorne Dominates the Old World!

blahmcblahblahmcblah President KleptoIn your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Critical Failures
pic955226_md.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe (and a fifth, uninvited guest). Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

pesky as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

SeGaTai as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

LoserForHireX as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

stever777 as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

Belfast as The Horned Rat
The Horned Rat does not exist, nor is there such thing as the ratmen that worship it. Scholars have concluded that claims of an empire of vicious verminfolk are nothing more than stories invented to frighten the very young. Any reports of having sighted these "skaven" is seen as spreading discord amongst the faithful and, naturally, quite blasphemous. The skittering and scratching you hear deep below you at night is naught but the fevered workings of your imagination. If you insist that you have seen these creatures, please see your nearest witch hunter to be summarily executed for your blatant heresy.

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World for five players, wherein the players will vote on whether to use the Base or Morrslieb decks (for all but The Horned Rat), and on the composition of the Old World Deck. Invitations will be taken from the discussion thread and offered to the top four players on the main list and one newbie.

[RULES]
[FAQ]
[EXPANSION RULES]
[Headless Hollow Rules Summary]

Credits of Chaos
Adam Bloom for his rocking Handtracker site.
FWD for the awesome board app.
Mr.Blarney for the original design of our PbP board.
Rend for the comprehensive OP.
Darian for bringing order to chaos as games manager and our resident rules lawyer.

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here

blahmcblah on
Playing: "Caprica" Six in Exodus Game 12 of Battlestar Galactica
President Romo Lampkin in BSG: Daybreak Game 1

• blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

• blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ for the Horned Rat (Now with some official rulings):
    Spoiler:

Invitations have been sent; should any of the invitees not respond by Monday, I'll send invites down the signup list until we have five players. Players, please remember to state your preferences for deck, OWCs, and god when you check in here.

• BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    Do I respond here or on the invite or both?

also: YES!

God preference order: HR then all the rest are equal 2nd place.
    no preference on cards, old world or otherwise.

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm in

Morrslieb decks and Expert OWC

N>HR>K>S>T

PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2012
    Belfast wrote:
    Do I respond here or on the invite or both?

also: YES!

Just here is fine. And your enthusiasm has earned you a 5 VP head start!*

*Not really, sorry.

blahmcblah on
    edited January 2012
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Just here is fine. And your enthusiasm has earned you a 5 VP head start!

Hurray!

I think I might just be overly enthusiastic about everything. It'll be my new angle on life. Not in an annoying way though.

Anyway: back on topic. I would like to change my preference of Old World Cards to - Expert Old World Cards *ominous music*

[Edit to avoid double post and provide more info]

Also I think it should be noted that my username on Handtracker is BelfastMarsh
    do I need a username/profile for anything else?

[end of edit]

Belfast on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    I'm in. I'm down for doing the Expert OWC mixed in, and using the expansion upgrades.

I have no real god preference. I'll play whateva.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Neitzsche
    Belfast wrote:
    [Edit to avoid double post and provide more info]

Also I think it should be noted that my username on Handtracker is BelfastMarsh
    do I need a username/profile for anything else?

[end of edit]

I'd actually prefer you post again rather than edit an old post, as I receive a new notification when you post, but not when you edit, so I could've easily missed your question. Anyway, you'll need an account at either Orokos or Invisible Castle if you need to roll dice at some point.

• peskypesky Registered User regular
    A new game! And hosted by blah no less. I AM IN!!!!

And preferences are for expert Old World Cards only and any god is fine.

Thanks.

edited January 2012
    Makes sense that the first two games I hosted had mixed OWCs, the third is base only, and the fourth is now Expert only. Going by preferences and a single roll, we have:

pesky as Khorne

SeGaTai as Nurgle
    LoserForHireX as Tzeentch
    stever777 as Slaanesh
    Belfast as the Horned Rat

Permissions have been updated on handtracker, so you should all draw your first three cards. Board coming shortly.

blahmcblah on
    Round 1, Old World and Draw Phases

You asked for it...

Rousing the Rabble
    Place one Peasant token in each region. Then, place one Peasant token in the region with the most corruption. - During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).

game64state1.png

Draw Phase:

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card (discards are done just by playing the card on handtracker, then linking it here) before drawing to 5.

Draw 2, 5 in hand, 19 left in deck
    Draw 2 or 3, 5 in hand, 19 or 18 left in deck

Once Tzeentch has decided whether or not to discard, Khorne will be active to begin the first summoning phase.

edited January 2012
    LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Neitzsche
    Hmmmmmm blood crazed peasants. :(

Bloodsworn to Bretonnia.

6/7 PP

PlagueBearer to Estalia

5/6 PP

Expert deck brings on a whole different game each time, much more so than original deck

PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2012
    Warpstorm in Estalia

Hey Nurgle, old chum!

6/6PP

LoserForHireX on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Warp Token Cache to the badlands

"Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points."

4/6 PP

Did i do that correctly?

edited January 2012
    Terror to Estalia moving the Plaguebearer to Tilea.

Damn nurgle and his cheap ass warriors. How come I don't get 1 PP warriors. Shall let my axe speak to the game designers.

pesky on
    Belfast wrote:
    Warp Token Cache to the badlands

"Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points."

4/6 PP

Did i do that correctly?

Looks good to me.

pesky wrote:
    Terror to Estalia moving the Plaguebearer to Tilea.

Damn nurgle and his cheap ass warriors. How come I don't get 1 PP warriors. Shall let my axe speak to the game designers.

Your still playing the card but not moving my figure correct?

PSN SeGaTai
    Chocking Stench in Bretonnia

3/6 PP remaining

PSN SeGaTai
    Acolyte to Estalia

We heard there were scary things here, are they gone?

5/6 PP

edited January 2012
    Round 1, Summoning Phase

game64state2.png

Rabble (Peasants count as Heroes during end phase) have been roused.

Chaos effects:
    Spoiler:

Slaanesh is active.

blahmcblah on
    Clan Rat to Tilea

3/6 PP

edited January 2012
    Skulltaker to Bretonnia.

5/7PP

pesky on
    Sure I'll bite, leper to Bretonnia

2/6 PP

PSN SeGaTai
    Acolyte to Estalia

Second verse same as the first!!!

4/6 PP

Round 1, Summoning Phase

game64state03.png

Chaos effects:
    Spoiler:

Slaanesh is active.

A second Clanned Rat to Tilea please

2/6 PP

Bloodletter to Estalia.

3/6 PP

Plaguebearer to Bretonnia

1/6PP

PSN SeGaTai
    Acolyte to Estalia

3/6 PP

Round 1, Summoning Phase

game64state04.png

Chaos effects:
    Spoiler:

Slaanesh is active.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Yet another cuddly Clan Rat to the province of Tilea please

1/6 PP