Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'Defender's Quest - Tower Defense + RPG = Amazing' by RainbowDespair

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
So this little gem came out yesterday and I'm not seeing much discussion about it.

It's a Tower Defense/RPG hybrid. Plays like your typical Tower Defense game except all of your "towers" are heroes with skill trees, equipment slots, and the like. Interesting plot, fun dialogue, great music, but mostly it's just a blast to play. Hits all of my tower defense checklist items...

Adjust the speed of play? Check.
Easily see enemy routes & where I can place units? Check.
Detailed information on the stats of both my units and enemies? Check.
See upcoming wave information? Check.
Upgrade my units both in and between levels? Check.
Different difficulty levels for each map, each with their own set of enemies and rewards for victory? Check.

The game's currently only available directly from the developer and is $6.99 (although if you enter ZEBOYD as a password, you get $1 off - as thanks for me being such a big fan of the game during beta I guess). If you're not quite sold yet, the game also has a really long demo that you can download. Both the full game and the demo can be found here:

http://www.defendersquest.com/