As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New batman Thread *Big Spoiler

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I too would like to know what the hell is going on in that panel

or... or do I?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I don't want to know.

I must. It defies logic.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    His voice tends to kill line delivery

that's what a bad voice does

you're a broken record

Y tu tambien

oh gosh looks like someone on the internet has a grudge against me whatever will i do

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Maybe not be petulant?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

Y tu tambien

is this a curse, or some kind of robot jinx?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I don't really get the "hurr steve blum just does the spike thing"

like, dude's got voices in spades, just because people don't often ask him to go beyond "gruff and radical" is no reason to get down on the guy

• Options
    It's Spanish for "and you, too."

• Options
    my version was better

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Maybe not be petulant?

Telling people to stop complaining about Bale's batman voice is not being petulant, it's an attempt to avert an absolutely skull crushingly boring and repetitive conversation. Of all the things to talk about in the Nolan Batman films, that aspect is the least worthy by miles. Not to mention it was done to hell and back when TDK came out. Talking about Anne Hathaways titties is more interesting.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So far I love everything about her Catwoman except the catwoman parts, though that split second frame of her slam-kicking looked well done, I just hate the mask.

• Options
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Maybe not be petulant?

Telling people to stop complaining about Bale's batman voice is not being petulant, it's an attempt to avert an absolutely skull crushingly boring and repetitive conversation.

No, you being overly passive aggressive in response to a harmless comment against you, as well as trying to strong-arm people into bowing to your word is being petulant.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    dudes it's pretty simple

he's saying that he was allowed to look at her vagina when she was a baby, but now that's she's an adult he can't any more, and that saddens him

actually on closer inspection i guess she's just gotten changed behind the ventilator shaft? still weird!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    huff huff

did... did somebody say we were talking about Anne Hathaway's titties?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So wait, have they redubbed Bane's voice for the entire movie or just this latest trailer?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    What they should've done

Instead of him trying to change his voice and someone maybe eventually figuring out who he is that way

He should've had an electronic device that turns his voice into that of another person's
    That voice is kevin conroy's

Ahaha.

No.

kevin conroy is basically the best batman voice possible though

I won't disagree there but you don't get away with voice modulation in a huge film like the ones in the Batman series.

Its a bad idea.

Maaan

I remember, when watching TAS, there was a scene where Batman is doing his thing when there's a phone call, and he just switches back to the natural voice while in the Batman costume.

It really impressed me back then, seeing the guy go from one to the other so naturally like it ain't no thing.

It's little things like that which always made me want to be a voice actor.

In one of the episodes he does Batman, Bruce and Thomas Wayne all in one take

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So wait, have they redubbed Bane's voice for the entire movie or just this latest trailer?

We haven't heard any of this dialogue before so how do you know they've redubbed it?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

We haven't heard any of this dialogue before so how do you know they've redubbed it?

Oh sorry, disregard. I was referring to the comment a couple of pages back about the "new" Bane voice.

But then I actually watched the trailer and I guess it pretty much sounds the same as all the other lines we've heard, so hm.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

like, dude's got voices in spades, just because people don't often ask him to go beyond "gruff and radical" is no reason to get down on the guy

I think that's the whole thing. Steven Blum does the whole Spike thing over and over (in Transformers WfC he was most of the decepticons and they all sounded like Spike) and that's not his fault. Dude has a great range but he's pigeonholed into that voice because it's so recognizable for people.

Whenever I play Dead Rising I pretend the main character is an ancestor of Spike.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Ok so can anyone explain Huntress to me?

Specifically

126421_v1.jpg

Were time travel shenanigans involved or something?

I think that's the original Huntress, who was the daughter of Golden Age Batman and Catwoman. I mean, it's still weird and creepy, but at least the context is comprehensible.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Y'know what's odd? This latest trailer isn't getting me excited for this movie at all. I was looking forward to it and now I'm just feeling pretty blah about the whole thing.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

yeah hey about that

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This trailer has gotten me more excited than I've ever been excited for a movie

Also, regarding Bale's Batman voice, I thought it was pretty good in Begins, but overdone in TDK. There's definitely a difference. Not quite as harsh and breathy in Begins as it is in TDK. Compare his lines to Rachel on the rooftop in Begins to his speech to Dent at the end of TDK.

It doesn't actively bother me, however.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

I think that's the whole thing. Steven Blum does the whole Spike thing over and over (in Transformers WfC he was most of the decepticons and they all sounded like Spike) and that's not his fault. Dude has a great range but he's pigeonholed into that voice because it's so recognizable for people.

Whenever I play Dead Rising I pretend the main character is an ancestor of Spike.

136522-jamie_large.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m3bs0r33XM1rnsyfr.bmp
    250px-Amon_in_the_Revelation.png
    Blum does good work.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Steve Blum also voiced this guy

leeron%20ref.jpg

not his fault everyone wants the "hero voice" so often

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    GEE I WONDER IF THERE'S ANYONE ELSE STEVE BLUM VOICED

PERHAPS FROM THE LUCASARTS ADVENTURE TITLE "THE DIG"

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i may watch the dark knight tonight, actually

because it ruled

bale's performance ruled

nolan's batman movies have all ruled

• Options
    just the whole thing

awesome movie

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i really did not like Leeron

part of why i stopped watching Gurren Lagann

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »

Specifically

126421_v1.jpg

I think that's the original Huntress, who was the daughter of Golden Age Batman and Catwoman. I mean, it's still weird and creepy, but at least the context is comprehensible.

How old is Robin thogh? He looks like normal aged Robin but talks about changing her as a baby...

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    i may watch the dark knight tonight, actually

because it ruled

bale's performance ruled

nolan's batman movies have all ruled

people go on about the Joker, and he does kill in that movie

but what does it for me is the scene with Dent, Gordon and Bats right at the end. All three of them act the shit out of that scene and balance it out so well.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Specifically

126421_v1.jpg

How old is Robin thogh? He looks like normal aged Robin but talks about changing her as a baby...

Back then, the conceit was that the original Golden Age versions of the characters were an older generation of heroes who lived on Earth-2, while the "modern" Silver Age versions lived on Earth-1. So Earth-2 Batman and Robin started their adventures in the actual year that their original appearances were published, versus the Silver Age versions who had only been around for a decade or so. Earth-2 Robin looks like regular Robin there, but he isn't supposed to be much older than Nightwing is in the current DCU.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bane's lines in this one, while not the same as the last trailer, definitely seem a good deal clearer in general

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Specifically

126421_v1.jpg

Back then, the conceit was that the original Golden Age versions of the characters were an older generation of heroes who lived on Earth-2, while the "modern" Silver Age versions lived on Earth-1. So Earth-2 Batman and Robin started their adventures in the actual year that their original appearances were published, versus the Silver Age versions who had only been around for a decade or so. Earth-2 Robin looks like regular Robin there, but he isn't supposed to be much older than Nightwing is in the current DCU.

i still don't understand that panel at all

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Bane's lines in this one, while not the same as the last trailer, definitely seem a good deal clearer in general

his lines in this trailer are devoid of background noise, while the scene they released was very action heavy. it could be they adjusted the levels of background noise to make his voice more distinguished against it, instead of redubbing his voice outright

also guys this trailer is so fucking cool
    the "not everything. not yet." line is fucking killerrrrrr

• Options
    Yeah that's already one of my favorite Bale Batman lines.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    ok i'm watching trailer #3 and i got no idea what bane is saying when the dude says what are you

• Options
    "I'm Gotham's reckoning."

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    ok i'm watching trailer #3 and i got no idea what bane is saying when the dude says what are you
    I am Gotham's reckoning.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    oh ok

yeah i'm fuckin stoked for this

This discussion has been closed.