Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here
, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Multi-Mission Monitor and the Many Mediating Matters [Which One to Get?]
I currently run my PC through a Videoseven 19" VGA monitor
. It's served my purposes well for over five years, but I'm thinking about upgrading. With moving to a new house and getting a larger desk, I was thinking of bringing my PS3 up here and running both devices through a single 24" monitor, sitting from roughly two feet away. My desires would be:
- Full 1080p resolution
- At least 1 HDMI port for the PS3
- Good screen quality
- (Optional 1) A second HDMI port for the PC, but I can use VGA/DVI
- (Optional 2) Good speaker quality, but my existing external speakers are fine for now
- Price range: $250-$300 (£150-£200)
I've been looking at Samsung monitors, because I hear they're awesome, but there are so many different 24" models they provide I'm not sure which is which.
- The PS3 is a 60GB Fat Model
- PC runs on 32 Bit Windows 7 Professional
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 4850 HD with two DVI ports
Does anyone have any experience as to which monitor I should be gunning for?