As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Beta sign-ups closed at over ONE MILLION!

19495969798100»

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Badwrong wrote: »

While I am interested in the game, I saw this before and I have the same feeling; a lot of those reasons are very, very forced. I was waiting for "61. Skills."

am0n on
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Well the way the original game worked was... you mostly waited until the new expansion/new GW campaign. I think they will still have 'campaigns' that make up practically new games, that you can enjoy from Level 1-80 I'd hope, but also expect smaller content to be sold as well. Mind you they did add other content for free in patches, but... I don't know how much, though the only thing comparable to the campaigns has been the Guild Wars Beyond stuff.

This is my expectation. We won't have a monthly fee, but every 2-3 months we'll have a $20-$30 content patch that adds a new dungeon or two, a new quest area, etc. I may be wrong, but I fully expect the large content patches we'd normally get in an MMO every few months will have a price tag in GW2.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    I'm not noticing too many people whenever I hop onto GW, but that's probably because I'm off doing Prophecy stuff. It's not uncommon for a game to feel a little empty when it's seven years old, most people will either be in the EotN areas or in Cantha doing the Winds of Change stuff. Still the main cities are -packed- with multiple 'channels' especially Kamadan.

One thing I am so grateful for is that they have an actual auct- Marketplace in-game rather than having to stand around and spam chat in Kamadan. Mind you there's a website that basically keeps track of what people are spamming for, plus people use the looking for group UI in order to advertise their wares.

Yeah it's not tons of people outside of the main cities, but I think I encountered maybe one outpost in all of Prophecies (which I did literally two weeks ago) where there weren't any players in it at the time, and it was a tiny one with like a single story quest and nothing else.
    am0n wrote: »
    While I am interested in the game, I saw this before and I have the same feeling; a lot of those reasons are very, very forced. I was waiting for "61. Skills."

Yeah some of those items were stretching it a bit, still, not a bad video.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    *turns out the lights*

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    My first main MMO was Everquest. Even back then, a black market of sorts had started up on eBay selling characters and items. People were paying crazy amount of money for essentially nothing. After all this time, it's finally being used, questionably, for the consumer's benefit. Would you rather pay a monthly fee, or risk having a moment of weakness and spending regretfully large amounts of money on cosmetic items. Good points have been brought up so far. This is coming from someone who was buying WoW:TCG packs attempting to pull a spectral tiger. (got one, sold it on eBay :winky: )

More on topic - regarding the TotalBiscuit videos linked in the past few pages. Was that recent footage? (I only half-watched the warrior vid)

This discussion has been closed.