Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'So I want to eat healthier' by Vanguard

VanguardVanguard The system was breaking down. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
I TL ; DR'd the topic aside from the OP mostly.

The best advice I can give is eat breakfast. I know you've said you're not hungry, but here's why it's important: if you don't eat in the morning, you body goes into storage mode and your metabolism isn't running to full capacity. More food will be stored as fat rather than used to create energy.

People who don't eat breakfast regularly often complain that they get hungry when they do. This is because your metabolism turned that shit into energy.

Good breakfast food:

Yogurt. Make sure it's Greek. You can add some granola or nuts to this to make it close to cereal. Just be careful of adding really sugary/processed granola as it will basically become junk food. You could make a lot of granola for very cheap as it consists of oats, a few nut, and some agave nectar or honey.

Eggs. A single egged topped with some veggies will be incredibly filling and is actually pretty healthy. I usually top mine with radishes, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.

Toast with a little bit of jam paired with fruit.

You can't just eat fruit otherwise you will crash in an hour or two. You need either protein (yogurt, eggs, avocado) or some sort of grain (granola, toast) to get you going.

After that, it's controlling portion sizes and planning your meals. It's much better to snack throughout the day than eat three meals and nothing but that.

Edit: Quinoa is great for you, but man do I fucking hate that stuff.