As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

No love for REIGN?

VacuumJockeyVacuumJockey Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
Greg Stoltze's new RPG, that is. He's got a page for it here: http://www.gregstolze.com/reign/index.html

It looks to me like the perfect match for high-level D&D characters, although it will stand just fine on its own.

"With REIGN, your characters can defend threatened nations, bring prosperity to desperate provinces, make laws and perpetuate justice… or, if you prefer, loot conquer and pillage on a vast and awesome scale."

Anyone have any idea when it will be out?

PSN: VacuumJockey

"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy!"
~ Dr. Emilio Lizardo
VacuumJockey on

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    After learning of the existance of FATAL I am highly suspicious of any game whose name is in all caps.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • VacuumJockeyVacuumJockey Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My mistake, RiemannLives. I merely put it in caps to draw some attention. I promise you, that link is absolutely sanity-safe!

Mr. Stoltze is a real game designer, author of -- among many other things -- Godlike, which contained the first version of the One Roll Engine (ORE) which powers Reign. I encourage you to Google freely to dispel any doubts.

It is a real RPG for decent human beings, nothing like FATAL. You have my word on that!

VacuumJockey on
    PSN: VacuumJockey

"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy!"
    ~ Dr. Emilio Lizardo
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Haha, for some reason I immediately thought of FATAL too when I saw this title. I'll give it a look though. It looks interesting from skimming over it.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Heh, I too got a distinct FATAL vibe, with the way the description, went , "or, y'know you can be bad."

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • The Laughing ManThe Laughing Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So it's Exalted but not Exalted.

The Laughing Man on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't get it.

So the players uh... play standard fantasy heroes, but also they roll dice for villages or something?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This sounds pretty cool, like an RPG that actually sets the player in control of something which isn't just a single entity. Some kind of crazy boardgame-RPG middleground.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If it's as smooth as it sounds, this is actually exactly what I'd love to be involved in. I have a sudden urge to make a post-apocalyptic campaign in this system, with villages fighting off roving bands of pillagers.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png