Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[East] Concerts Discussion Thread

24

Posts

  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User
    i think it should be a choice whether you mosh or not.. i mean, i've been to metalcore and death metal shows [mosh heaven] and never been touched, unless i was an active participant. Just move away from the pits and you'll be okay..i promise. If it's what makes certain individuals happy, so be it.

    PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • ChorazinChorazin Registered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote:
    i think it should be a choice whether you mosh or not.. i mean, i've been to metalcore and death metal shows [mosh heaven] and never been touched, unless i was an active participant. Just move away from the pits and you'll be okay..i promise. If it's what makes certain individuals happy, so be it.

    Sure, if you wanna be in the front and you start getting slammed against the stage or security barrier, you should just move because it's you fault you wanted to see the act up close, right? And how are you going to move without going through the pit?

    Listen, when I was a kid I was all about getting physical at shows, but as an adult I just want to actually watch the band play and not get punched in the face.

    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    edited January 2012
    The Debate and Discourse forum is a great place to discuss the value of moshing.

    As far as I know, moshing is not allowed at PAX.

    zerzhul on
  • jar37jar37 Registered User
    We have just finalized the concert line up for PAX East. Check this shit out!

    Friday:
    VGO
    Protomen
    Metroid Metal
    Minibosses

    Saturday:
    Supercommuter
    Paul & Storm
    Jonathan Coulton
    MC Frontalot

    Also a reminder that PAX East 3 day badges are sold out. You can still get single day badges though.

    -Gabe out


    Really looking forward to seeing Protomen again but thats really it for me on Friday. It's actually really convenient that they always perform early, means I can get back to other stuff or go crash in the hotel. Seeing VGO in 2010 was cool but it's nothing I ever really need to see again. Really doesn't seem to match the metal theme of Friday night either. Saturday is a major improvement with MC Frontalot closing out the show, I don't have any plans to see him, just means I can get to see JOCO again without being up until god knows when. PAX East 2010 the wife and I were dead on our feet by the time we got out of the Saturday concerts. Last year I skipped it all together on Saturday rather than battle the crowds and miss out on more PAX. I'm loving Artificial Heart though and the wife is coming back this year and refuses to miss JoCo.

  • malicious nerdmalicious nerd Registered User
    So pumped...except I'm disappointed that Anamanaguchi won't be there AGAIN. :(

    PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    This will be great! Since he's last, is MC Frontalot going last? Or is it g'na be JC like normal?

    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    The lineup as posted is traditionally the order they play, so yes Front is going up last. JoCo doesn't always play last (take last PAX Prime for example), a lot of people just assume he's last and leave before the next act.

    sig-500x65.jpg
  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    stenobot (via twitter)
    PSA: It looks like Supercommuter will be playing Friday at PAX East, not Saturday
    I think we're switching with VGO...

    Something to keep in mind everybody.

    ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone who is not familiar with Protomen should check them out pre-PAX to Prepare For Battle. They will blast you into another dimension from which you may never return.

    Lethinator on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Chorazin wrote: »
    ottoman673 wrote:
    i think it should be a choice whether you mosh or not.. i mean, i've been to metalcore and death metal shows [mosh heaven] and never been touched, unless i was an active participant. Just move away from the pits and you'll be okay..i promise. If it's what makes certain individuals happy, so be it.

    Sure, if you wanna be in the front and you start getting slammed against the stage or security barrier, you should just move because it's you fault you wanted to see the act up close, right? And how are you going to move without going through the pit?

    Listen, when I was a kid I was all about getting physical at shows, but as an adult I just want to actually watch the band play and not get punched in the face.

    The best mosh pits are the ones that are just shoving each other around having fun, and when someone falls 5 hands reach down to pull them back up. If a PAX-pit manages to get larger than a half dozen or so people I would be surprised. It's not bro-metal with a venue full of meat heads looking to hurt people.

    Just because you participated in violent moshes doesn't mean they all are. Some can be too rough for sure, but if you get the right crowd (which I can easily see PAX being) it just ends up being a bunch of people jumping around into each other getting into the music.

    But if there's an official rule against it, that's another thing all together. Does anyone have a source regarding this? I kind of wanted to see if I could get some people into it for Metroid Metal.

    UEAKCrash on
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Lethinator wrote: »
    Anyone who is not familiar with Protomen should check them out pre-PAX to Prepare For Battle. They will blast you into another dimension from which you may never return.


    I will second, third, and NINETHOUSAND this.. they are literally the only band I have ever seen in concert that not only is better live.. they take it to another planet.. Another world. They bypass words, and simply are BETTER than any video or words could explain. I assure you, if you are male, you will want any woman they put on stage, no matter what they look like by the end. And if you're a woman... Just please don't keep telling me how much you want TurboLover. We know. You don't have to tell us.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Chorazin wrote: »
    ottoman673 wrote:
    i think it should be a choice whether you mosh or not.. i mean, i've been to metalcore and death metal shows [mosh heaven] and never been touched, unless i was an active participant. Just move away from the pits and you'll be okay..i promise. If it's what makes certain individuals happy, so be it.

    Sure, if you wanna be in the front and you start getting slammed against the stage or security barrier, you should just move because it's you fault you wanted to see the act up close, right? And how are you going to move without going through the pit?

    Listen, when I was a kid I was all about getting physical at shows, but as an adult I just want to actually watch the band play and not get punched in the face.

    The best mosh pits are the ones that are just shoving each other around having fun, and when someone falls 5 hands reach down to pull them back up. If a PAX-pit manages to get larger than a half dozen or so people I would be surprised. It's not bro-metal with a venue full of meat heads looking to hurt people.

    Just because you participated in violent moshes doesn't mean they all are. Some can be too rough for sure, but if you get the right crowd (which I can easily see PAX being) it just ends up being a bunch of people jumping around into each other getting into the music.

    But if there's an official rule against it, that's another thing all together. Does anyone have a source regarding this? I kind of wanted to see if I could get some people into it for Metroid Metal.

    PAX has the normal offical rule that it's illegal in Boston. What this means in practice... is that if looks too dangerous, they'll get involved. A small pit isn't going to be broken up- it's not worth it, as long as it is relatively friendly (Like you said, 5 hands picking someone up, helping people find their glasses if lost, etc)

    Blood of any sort is going to end it. Hard. And again- I'm not speaking of laws, it's just realistic. If someone's bleeding, the pit ends, and you get them the fuck all the way to the doors for help, without pause, and that goes for everyone involved. If you were in the pit, it's your responsibility.

    I'm at most a "Warden" type pit goer... I stand on the edge and watch for people, and guard them when they need a second to stand up, or just need help in general, so don't take what I'm saying as advice on what is allowed or not- it's just observation, and as far as I know, pit-type behavior isn't allowed anywhere in Boston. I don't know official PAX rules.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'd say it's highly likely that even the smallest pits will be broken up as soon as possible. A very small pit started to form during the Protomen's show at East last year, and it was broken up immediately from what I could tell.

    Now, if you go see a band like Armcannon or Powerglove [for example] in the Jamspace, you can expect to see some moshing.

    And if any of you East coast residents want to mosh for them, or Metroid Metal, then you should go to MAGFest next year. xD

    Coldbrew on
    ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Lethinator wrote: »
    Anyone who is not familiar with Protomen should check them out pre-PAX to Prepare For Battle. They will blast you into another dimension from which you may never return.


    I will second, third, and NINETHOUSAND this.. they are literally the only band I have ever seen in concert that not only is better live.. they take it to another planet.. Another world. They bypass words, and simply are BETTER than any video or words could explain. I assure you, if you are male, you will want any woman they put on stage, no matter what they look like by the end. And if you're a woman... Just please don't keep telling me how much you want TurboLover. We know. You don't have to tell us.

    You speak the truth. I tried to find a video to show the sheer mind explosion that is Protomen live, and failed. It's something you need to experience for yourself. Preferably as close to the stage as possible so you can see the sweat dripping off of their silver faces. This is performance at it's best. It's epic, like opera. With more thrash.

  • RealGoneRealGone Registered User
    I missed the first night of concerts last year, which meant I missed The Protomen. I saw them play in Cambridge in November and it was approximately 14,000 times better than I expected. This, of course, means missing night one last year was a grave error that shall not be repeated.

    I plan to spend an embarrassing amount of my Friday in line for the concerts so I can be as close to the stage as possible for a good old fashioned Protomen mind melting experience. I will have Cthulhu Dice, Cthulhu Munchkins and Magic decks with me in order to entertain myself and any other folks who want to pass the time.

    Also, as an aside, I've been to dozens of rock and metal shows in Boston, and moshing is definitely not illegal. Happens all the time. If there's a rule (and that's perfectly fine if there is), it's designated by the venue or the promoter, not the city.

  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Dear Fans of Protomen:
    Do they regularly play 'The Hounds' live?
    Cause my god, that song is so good.

    PAX East 2013:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [X] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [X] PAX East 2013 Complete [ X ]
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Dear Fans of Protomen:
    Do they regularly play 'The Hounds' live?
    Cause my god, that song is so good.

    They did in 2010. I don't think they did in 2011, but my brain was melted at that point, so I can't tell you for sure.

    Also, it is nintybatrillion times as good live as it is on album... and even though that's a made up number, it is correct.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Dear Fans of Protomen:
    Do they regularly play 'The Hounds' live?
    Cause my god, that song is so good.

    I've seen them four times, and they've played it every time. It's too much of a band and fan favorite for them not to play it. :P

    ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png
  • Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    Dear Fans of Protomen:
    Do they regularly play 'The Hounds' live?
    Cause my god, that song is so good.

    I've never seen them not play it. Considering it's Turbolover's only lead vocals it would be kinda silly to have him tag along just for a few lines on 'The Good Doctor' and 'Father of Death'. The one thing we will all miss out on at PAX is the encore covers we get treated to at their normal shows. You'd never think to have Commander sing Bonnie Tyler in high falsetto, but in some strange way, it works.

    Relating to pits, if it were illegal in Boston, I'd probably still be in jail. However, I am not a fan of moshing at the PAX concerts. Though some of the content of the performances is more than worthy of moshing, you need to keep in mind that half the audience is likely there to see VGO and the Minibosses. There will be plenty of time to gather some bruises when Powerglove wages war on the Jamspace.

  • zombiechronzombiechron Registered User regular
    Is Powerglove playing for sure!? Oh man, I am going to lose my shit.

    ZILTOID
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Dear Fans of Protomen:
    Do they regularly play 'The Hounds' live?
    Cause my god, that song is so good.

    I've never seen them not play it. Considering it's Turbolover's only lead vocals it would be kinda silly to have him tag along just for a few lines on 'The Good Doctor' and 'Father of Death'. The one thing we will all miss out on at PAX is the encore covers we get treated to at their normal shows. You'd never think to have Commander sing Bonnie Tyler in high falsetto, but in some strange way, it works....

    As a side note... The Protomen regularly show up at random as hell times in the Jamspace and play those encores. So like.. Friday at 2 pm or something equally random, like Saturday at 4:30. (These times are not suggestions on when they'll be there, because I have no frakkin' clue) But they generally do play them.. just with no warning and with instant awesome. You can find some youtube vids of them doing it in 2010 if you dig around.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Is Powerglove playing for sure!? Oh man, I am going to lose my shit.

    Not on main stage, but they might be there. If there's any announcement coming, you should keep your eyes on this forum for a Jamspace thread, because that's where it would happen.

    ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png
  • CheebusCheebus Registered User regular
    Heads up - the band schedule has changed a bit (though the list of bands has not)

    Friday:
    SuperCommuter
    Minibosses
    Metroid Metal
    The Protomen

    Saturday:
    VGO
    Paul & Storm
    Jonathan Coulton
    MC Frontalot

  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. VGO was nice and all back in 2010, but I'm just not as invested in them as I am say JoCo, Paul and Storm, and the Protomen. And I agree they didn't fit the theme of Friday night's concert, so I'm glad they got switched.

    The Protomen being on last means I'll have to nap or something to keep going Friday night to see them. But I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES. Seriously, those guys are AWESOME, and it is in fact true that they are best live. They keep the crowd going and involved the whole time they are up there. If you ever get to see them outside PAX, it's an even better experience!

    I really enjoyed Anamanaguchi back in 2010. I'd be cool with them coming back again some time.

    PAX East 2014: Four year PAXiversary! <3

    Mode: Dammit, gotta bake cookies!
  • AiouaAioua Novus Ordo Seclorum Lord of the ForumRegistered User regular
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. [...]

    Woah, woah, woah. Don't you go besmirching the good name of Supercommuter. Pistols at dawn, good sir! :P

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we got booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @Cheebus Is the list as written the master performance order? I seem to recall the published list last year was not necessarily the order in which they performed.

    Nullzone on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    edited March 2012
    Nullzone wrote: »
    @Cheebus Is the list as written the master performance order? I seem to recall the published list last year was not necessarily the order in which they performed.

    According to heels in the schedule thread, yes (except it is subject to change).

    source

    zerzhul on
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Naturally. Thanks though, missed that particular tidbit :)

  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. [...]

    Woah, woah, woah. Don't you go besmirching the good name of Supercommuter. Pistols at dawn, good sir! :P

    To be fair when I said it in the first place, VGO was opening... :P

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. [...]

    Woah, woah, woah. Don't you go besmirching the good name of Supercommuter. Pistols at dawn, good sir! :P

    To be fair when I said it in the first place, VGO was opening... :P


    Although I do find it weird that they moved a rapper to friday.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. [...]

    Woah, woah, woah. Don't you go besmirching the good name of Supercommuter. Pistols at dawn, good sir! :P

    To be fair when I said it in the first place, VGO was opening... :P

    I actually wrote that part of my reply right before I saw the edited list!

    But indeed, we shall duel.

    PAX East 2014: Four year PAXiversary! <3

    Mode: Dammit, gotta bake cookies!
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with whomever was saying that the Protomen is all they're pumped for on Friday night. [...]

    Woah, woah, woah. Don't you go besmirching the good name of Supercommuter. Pistols at dawn, good sir! :P

    To be fair when I said it in the first place, VGO was opening... :P

    I actually wrote that part of my reply right before I saw the edited list!

    But indeed, we shall duel.

    As a side note.. Beat Hazard fueled by Protomen is... amazing. That is all.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Hi all!

    I have been to the concerts at previous PAX easts, but never stayed long enough for the whole event. This year I found out that my nephew is a big fan of the Protomen. I was wondering do they ever have an autograph session? I would love to get an autographed cd for my nephew, ok, heck, even one for me also :)

    Thanks
    Pete

  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Hi all!

    I have been to the concerts at previous PAX easts, but never stayed long enough for the whole event. This year I found out that my nephew is a big fan of the Protomen. I was wondering do they ever have an autograph session? I would love to get an autographed cd for my nephew, ok, heck, even one for me also :)

    Thanks
    Pete

    If you visit their booth in Bandland you will most likely be able to score any of their merchandise and get it signed by anybody who's there. The trick is catching everybody at once, or just visiting the booth multiple times to try and catch every member of the band.

    ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    hey smalllady - any chance of updating the OP w/ the changed VGO spot in the lineup? might help defray confusion after yesterday's schedule had MM in two slots too...


    "The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    So I first heard about the Protomen a little before last year's pax east. I liked a few of their tracks but skipped the concert since my group really had no interest in them. I think the rock opera style turned them off.

    Fast forward to today and I decide to give them another try and figure out why they have such a loyal fanbase. This time I checked out their albums' wikipedia entries and read the story summaries. Then I pulled up the song lyrics with the story liner notes and read along while I listened.

    Holy crap I understand now. The narrative was the missing piece and it's incredible. I encourage anyone who is on the fence about the Protomen to do what I did.

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    hey smalllady - any chance of updating the OP w/ the changed VGO spot in the lineup? might help defray confusion after yesterday's schedule had MM in two slots too...

    Done :)

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Hi all!

    I have been to the concerts at previous PAX easts, but never stayed long enough for the whole event. This year I found out that my nephew is a big fan of the Protomen. I was wondering do they ever have an autograph session? I would love to get an autographed cd for my nephew, ok, heck, even one for me also :)

    Thanks
    Pete

    Protomen in particular are good about staffing their booth at all times with some band members. Getting them all will take some effort, but they're pretty cool people. You probably could drop off something and get it signed by them all by the end of the weekend and pick it up, but they actually go to the con and mess around in the jamspace too at times, (Buying some stuff helps with that kind of thing too though :))

    So they might not all be at the both at a given time, but some of them will be pretty much always :)

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Just wanted to second what everyone mentioned about Protomen. I've always enjoyed their records but their live show is inspired and a spectacle to behold. Their musicianship, passion, and just the theater of it all is amplified to the Nth degree.

    Sounds kind of corny, but I don't think I really understood their records until I saw them live at PAX. Listening to them afterwards in my headphones was a different experience.

    I caught them in NYC in November and they were excellent, only weird thing is: I think they were even better in an arena setting. Yeah, I wasn't super up-close to the stage or anything, but at PAX they actually have room to move around and do their whole thing. Clustered on a small stage in NYC with all their gear and props produced a totally different feel. In a big venue it's a true opera.

    And yes, they will gladly sign stuff and will be around their booth. If I remember correctly, last year they were all crammed into their booth for the last remaining hours of PAX so they wouldn't miss anyone who wanted some facetime.

    EDIT: in NYC before they hit the stage, a few TV monitors played almost the entirety of Big Trouble In Little China which was completely random and awesome. The sound was muted but I narrated the entire thing for those around me. I was amazed at the amount of people who hadn't seen that movie...and I felt really, really old.

    MrGone1980 on
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    MrGone1980 wrote: »
    Just wanted to second what everyone mentioned about Protomen. I've always enjoyed their records but their live show is inspired and a spectacle to behold. Their musicianship, passion, and just the theater of it all is amplified to the Nth degree.

    Sounds kind of corny, but I don't think I really understood their records until I saw them live at PAX. Listening to them afterwards in my headphones was a different experience.

    I caught them in NYC in November and they were excellent, only weird thing is: I think they were even better in an arena setting. Yeah, I wasn't super up-close to the stage or anything, but at PAX they actually have room to move around and do their whole thing. Clustered on a small stage in NYC with all their gear and props produced a totally different feel. In a big venue it's a true opera.

    And yes, they will gladly sign stuff and will be around their booth. If I remember correctly, last year they were all crammed into their booth for the last remaining hours of PAX so they wouldn't miss anyone who wanted some facetime.

    EDIT: in NYC before they hit the stage, a few TV monitors played almost the entirety of Big Trouble In Little China which was completely random and awesome. The sound was muted but I narrated the entire thing for those around me. I was amazed at the amount of people who hadn't seen that movie...and I felt really, really old.

    I was there! I love how they waited for the movie to end before they went on!

    I would like to third (or however many people agree now) what everyone's saying about the Protomen. Last year I didn't care at all and I really only went to the concert for Front but watching Protomen's set turned me into a fan. Ended up getting a bunch of their stuff the paycheck after I came home from PAX. They're really an incredible experience and you really gain a great appreciation for them if you read through the liner notes as you listen to the music. It paints an incredibly vivid picture. I could almost see it adapted to a play in my head. The band members are all really cool too. Very down to earth and incredibly welcoming.

    http://www.TopherRocks.tumblr.com
    http://www.trueachievements.com/TopherXPwns.htm
    http://raptr.com/TopherXPwns
    PAX East 2014 Hotline Miami Jacket cosplay was a huge success!
    First PAX without catching Nerd Flu? MOAR SUCCESS!
Sign In or Register to comment.