As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I am weak

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    arnold palmer and whiskey is pretty good

the whiskey sorta overwhelms the taste of the AP, though

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I've been casually toying with the idea of taking up smoking weed regularly when I move to Vancouver in the Summer. Depending on what kind of job I get, I think it might be a fun thing to do once or twice a week.

Also I'm so very comfortable in my complete and utter lack of interest to try any kind of chemical drugs. Totally not interested in chemically induced hallucinations or euphoria or malaise.

• Options
    if you like gettin' stoned then totally do it

no commitment to do doing other, dumber drugs with that

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    when it comes down to stopping smoking weed for long enough for my system to clear (not very long; even though I smoke a ton, my extreme thinness means less fat cells for residual thc to store in) or borrowing my friend's Wizinator to pass a drug test

I think I might go with the wizinator

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Dilution is such a huge pain in the ass anyway

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Everything is a chemical, pipe

sig.png
  • Options
    yeah sorta

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tossrock wrote: »

yes yes I know this

you know what I'm talking about jeez

• Options
    edited March 2012
    #pipe wrote: »

yes yes I know this

I dunno! On the one hand, there's obviously synthesized drugs (say, 2c-t-7) and obviously non-synthetic drugs (say, ayahuasca). However, there's a lot of room in between, and the distinction doesn't always make sense. For example, is distilling/concentrating a "chemical" process? Both hash and heroin are the result of 'distilling' less concentrated biological-origin drugs, but it seems like you'd probably only be okay with hash. And of course, the active ingredient in any biological-origin drug is of course synthesizable; for example, eating an eighth of mushrooms and taking 40 milligrams of 4-aco-dmt would be basically indistinguishable, because 4-aco-dmt is a prodrug for psilocin (ie, the body converts it into the same active ingredient as present in psychedelic mushrooms).

Now, if what you feel is "I only ever want to use cannabis", well, that's fine and dandy, but it being non-chemical isn't a really strong justification for the position. Might as well just skip the rationalizing and chalk it up to personal preference.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, I had to go through all of highschool and college hiding the fact that I smoke weed. I made it a point to keep my grades up, be a productive member of society and never inconvenience anybody.

...and tonight I had to run out in the rain to throw away somebody else's drunkenly shit-stained underwear. I mean, I was doing laundry but there's just no way that was going to be saved. It looked like something a cow would do to the pair of briefs that killed its family. It was as though Jackson Pollock had been given the phrase "anal hate-crime" as a challenge.

Fuck this gay earth.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    1nZTd.png

sig.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    So it turns out 3 liters of coffee spaced evenly through your afternoon/evening is a good way to stay up writing a paper. Who'd have thought. Fuck I'm hungry, though. Miiiight have to make a 7/11 run for snackfoods after I painstakingly translate what I have of my narrative into French.

Where the fuck is the school thread, anyway

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    I've been casually toying with the idea of taking up smoking weed regularly when I move to Vancouver in the Summer. Depending on what kind of job I get, I think it might be a fun thing to do once or twice a week.

Also I'm so very comfortable in my complete and utter lack of interest to try any kind of chemical drugs. Totally not interested in chemically induced hallucinations or euphoria or malaise.

vancouver would be a good place to do this

so i'm told, anyway

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Smoke weed every day

except for when it becomes a routine part of your day instead of something fun, then it's lame.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Smoke weed every day

except for when it becomes a routine part of your day instead of something fun, then it's lame.

This is where I'm at :(

Yay

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    if there's one thing my work as a security guard has taught me, it's that heroin and meth are terrible ideas. nothing more depressing than a motorhead/junkie couple with two kids in shitty strollers and another one on the way

Homeless on
  • Options
    MangoTangoMangoTango Registered User regular
    Smoke weed every day

This was me for a bit. Now it's back to being something fun, so yay.

Though, it was always at least a little fun.

Hello, and welcome to my signature.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It's totally a routine but I have tons of fun smoking still.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    yeah i smoke every day and it is pretty great

in fact

i'm having my very first weed induced "i'm gonna change the world" moment

it's pretty intense

so in case i really end up doing something

Bryar Kelly

this guy right here

you heard it here first

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options

yes yes I know this

I dunno! On the one hand, there's obviously synthesized drugs (say, 2c-t-7) and obviously non-synthetic drugs (say, ayahuasca). However, there's a lot of room in between, and the distinction doesn't always make sense. For example, is distilling/concentrating a "chemical" process? Both hash and heroin are the result of 'distilling' less concentrated biological-origin drugs, but it seems like you'd probably only be okay with hash. And of course, the active ingredient in any biological-origin drug is of course synthesizable; for example, eating an eighth of mushrooms and taking 40 milligrams of 4-aco-dmt would be basically indistinguishable, because 4-aco-dmt is a prodrug for psilocin (ie, the body converts it into the same active ingredient as present in psychedelic mushrooms).

Now, if what you feel is "I only ever want to use cannabis", well, that's fine and dandy, but it being non-chemical isn't a really strong justification for the position. Might as well just skip the rationalizing and chalk it up to personal preference.

Yeah you're right. I've had the same personalised distinction for many years now and I realise it's a bit ignorant. To quote Harold Ramis - "No pills, no powders. If it grows in the ground it's probably ok."

It's a vast over simplification but I guess it's rung true with what I want to try? I've tried mushrooms and wouldn't care to try them again. I like weed because it's controllable and I like the simple, sleepy, laugh at everything high.

• Options
    I'm allllmost wanting to light up hella marijuanas right now, but I have to hold off for another couple days to finish this stress week. Funnily enough, I've had more energy but my average grades have gone down in most classes.

• Options
    pipe I am awarding you the Scientist's Medal for reconsidering your position when faced with reasonable disagreement

sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    pipe I am awarding you the Scientist's Medal for reconsidering your position when faced with reasonable disagreement

pipe I am dishonorably discharging you from the Internet Corps for not blindly sticking to whatever your argument was and resorting to calling names

• Options

by the grace of god

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    michaelangelo told me not to do drugs and he is both a ninja and a turtle so I'm gonna trust his word.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered User regular
    So
    when it comes down to stopping smoking weed for long enough for my system to clear (not very long; even though I smoke a ton, my extreme thinness means less fat cells for residual thc to store in) or borrowing my friend's Wizinator to pass a drug test

Out of curiosity, do you have any rough numbers or ideas on how long it takes your system to clear from your experience?

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Asking for a friend

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Coffee wrote: »
    So

Out of curiosity, do you have any rough numbers or ideas on how long it takes your system to clear from your experience?

it has to do with body fat and how often you partake

fat dude that smokes only occasionally: probably a week or two, max

fat dude that smokes daily: probably two months-ish

I'm betting my system will take at least a month to clear, because bryar can tell you, I am lean like a handrail with a sixpack but I smoke daily so vOv

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    anybody here have any experience with lunesta? my doctor prescribed some temporarily to try and get me back on a proper sleep schedule, but i know people were saying some worrying stuff about ambien earlier, so it has me a little anxious

also, he told me to take it an hour before bed, but the drug information says to take it immediately before bed. WHO DO I LISTEN TO

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    oh god not smoking weed sort of sucks

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    anybody here have any experience with lunesta? my doctor prescribed some temporarily to try and get me back on a proper sleep schedule, but i know people were saying some worrying stuff about ambien earlier, so it has me a little anxious

also, he told me to take it an hour before bed, but the drug information says to take it immediately before bed. WHO DO I LISTEN TO

I have no experience with Lunesta, but listen to your doctor.

Lunesta had to put "immediately" in there so that they wouldn't be liable if someone took it and then drove their car or did something else equally moronic for an hour before going to bed.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    oh god not smoking weed sort of sucks

I am doing this very thing to join the Air Force.

Smoked for about four years and I have yet to experience anything that can be called withdrawal or what not. Plus after doing it for so long the idea of not being tired every night because you couldn't resist the bong is an appealing thought.

Still gonna miss that sweet, caring, nurturing plant.

• Options
    Coffee, near the end of your most recent smoking career, how high would you say a single bowl of good weed was getting you, 1 to 10?

After smoking almost everyday for the last three or four months, my tolerance is so high that I'd have to smoke at least 3 bowls to really get a good buzz going for any longer than an hour

whereas at the start of that four month period, I vaugely remember hitting my friend's steamroller in his car one night and being ludicrously high for a solid 5 hours before finally coming down

I can't imagine how much I would have to smoke to stay lifted if I had decided to keep this habit going without break for another four months, let alone a year.

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    i've been smoking without a break for like six years now and i still get stoned

it's just a relaxing normal necessary part of the day i really look forward to, i'm barely intoxicated in any traditional way, or at least that's how it feels, when i smoke

i mean the other night i smoked a giant blunt, a few big bong rips, and a bunch of vaporizer pulls with three friends and i was so high i looked like a smiling ass in public but that's pretty rare

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Coffee, near the end of your most recent smoking career, how high would you say a single bowl of good weed was getting you, 1 to 10?

Even for veterans you're only gonna get as high as your smoking ability allows you too. I see tons of people say "Like man, I need *so and so* amount of bowls just to get, like, high man" when it's really because they are pussy smokers and take pussy hits.

As for your question, I'll break it down;

1 Pipe Bowl: usually didn't do much. I wouldn't consider myself "high," but I'd get the sensation that I just smoked but nothing beyond that unless it was a particularly potent strain. I enjoyed pipe bowls if I wanted to get a little toasty and go out for a night on the town. 6/10

1 Joint: My least favorite way to smoke. Never been a fan because I never get much out of them. I like being able to absolutely rip what ever I'm smoking and joints usually tear when you inhale hard, so I didn't do these much. 3/10

1 Bong Bowl: This is where the pros are at. If you know what you're doing, one of these will take you far. 8/10

1 Bubbler/Steam roller: Grouped these together because they are equally awesome, especially standing bubblers. 7/10

I definitely would not get high like I would four years ago. Me and my circle of buddies were all the same and had been smoking together since day one all those years ago. We're definitely capable of getting stoned off our asses though, just had to work for it.

Anyways, one bowl I guess would average on a 6/10

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I remember once me and a buddy bought a quad together.

We were out in five days.

• Options
    man how hard are you pulling on joints that they are being torn apart in the process

that is not a very good joint

also; where do you live? I assume the only people that can get away with smoking tons live in California but it's always cool when I'm wrong

Metz that basically sounds like what I would do

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    And I live in Wyoming, man.

• Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    I love drugs

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
This discussion has been closed.