As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I am gonna eat this green apple that I have in the fridge in a bit

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    green apples are pretty much the shit

i love getting really high and slicing up an apple and eating the slices like a kid on a walk

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »

i love getting really high and slicing up an apple and eating the slices like a kid on a walk

I love you fandy

I love you and your ideas

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Life awful right now.

Can't smoke because I moved back home.

Can't drink because I'm on antibiotics and my stomach is all fucked up. NOTHING IS FUN :(

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I don't like drugs. I just like that I can have reasonable and fun social interactions that would scare me or i would fuck up sober

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »

Brilliant. Doing THIS next time I'm out with mates.

Fantastic
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    i am eating an orange

i put it in the fridge first

it's pretty cold

it's good

Stoners, ladies and gents.

this is a good post

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I have eaten
    The orange
    That was in
    The icebox

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i should get another orange

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So when I had my little 2c-e trip, I kept getting massive amounts of tingling pin-prick sensations in my lips and tip of my tongue.

I still get that a little bit sometimes. What the hell?

Weaver on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    I threw up some yellow bile this morning, bleugh

I wonder if this has anything to do with smoking

• Options
    Projeck wrote: »
    I threw up some yellow bile this morning, bleugh

I wonder if this has anything to do with smoking

I throw up bile all the time in the morning. it's usually clear but sometimes it's tinged yellow

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with getting high and munching out before bed, because it only happens when i eat like six slices of cake right before falling asleep

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    I did smoke and eat banana bread and pass out last night. My throat feels kinda sore/burny, and my stomach is all topsy turvy, but hopefully I should be feeling better soon.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    so my neighbor just got taken away in an ambulance, somehow relating to pills. don't know if she had an allergic reaction, or accidentally or deliberately overdosed; police presence indicates one of the latter two.

maybe i should make a casserole for her roommate?... we've hung out once, a couple years ago, but damn.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Depressing thread.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    well, now there's a Library truck outside, so maybe someone is getting the gift of books delivered to them!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    in some places librarians are first responders

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I have eaten
    The orange
    That was in
    The icebox

This is awesome. <3

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i wanted to understand that but i didn't :(

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    "this is just to say"

• Options
    okay

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    William Carlos williams is a dude I read in high school

• Options
    anti you know the denizens of this thread have never read a book, we're on drugs

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    look

i don't get high off words

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Siiiiiiiiiiigh

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    speaking of getting high and words

anyone else ever read this essay about being stoned written by Carl Sagan under a pseudonym? cause it's pretty great

There is a myth about such highs: the user has an illusion of great insight, but it does not survive scrutiny in the morning. I am convinced that this is an error, and that the devastating insights achieved when high are real insights; the main problem is putting these insights in a form acceptable to the quite different self that we are when we’re down the next day. Some of the hardest work I’ve ever done has been to put such insights down on tape or in writing. The problem is that ten even more interesting ideas or images have to be lost in the effort of recording one. It is easy to understand why someone might think it’s a waste of effort going to all that trouble to set the thought down, a kind of intrusion of the Protestant Ethic. But since I live almost all my life down I’ve made the effort – successfully, I think. Incidentally, I find that reasonably good insights can be remembered the next day, but only if some effort has been made to set them down another way. If I write the insight down or tell it to someone, then I can remember it with no assistance the following morning; but if I merely say to myself that I must make an effort to remember, I never do.

I find that most of the insights I achieve when high are into social issues, an area of creative scholarship very different from the one I am generally known for. I can remember one occasion, taking a shower with my wife while high, in which I had an idea on the origins and invalidities of racism in terms of gaussian distribution curves. It was a point obvious in a way, but rarely talked about. I drew the curves in soap on the shower wall, and went to write the idea down. One idea led to another, and at the end of about an hour of extremely hard work I found I had written eleven short essays on a wide range of social, political, philosophical, and human biological topics. Because of problems of space, I can’t go into the details of these essays, but from all external signs, such as public reactions and expert commentary, they seem to contain valid insights. I have used them in university commencement addresses, public lectures, and in my books.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    ugh that is so good

i made a thread for his birthday last year

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Cool, I want to play poker and drink whiskey there

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I did drugs once

now I'm a homosexual communist ghost

You're gonna see some disgusting stuff.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Swill wrote: »
    Cool, I want to play poker and drink whiskey there

Lets do it

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Welp, the depression is in full swing tonight. Fuck. I'm so tired of feeling like this...

• Options
    Welp, the depression is in full swing tonight. Fuck. I'm so tired of feeling like this...

Welcome to my every night.

This is why I am marathoning doctor who

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    ugh that is so good

i made a thread for his birthday last year

Awesome. Dude was brilliant

Cosmos is what, like forty years old now? Still one of the best documentaries on space

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks a lot allergy pills. Now it's almost midnight and I just took a six hour nap. Not getting my sleep schedule back to normalcy tonight.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    So when I had my little 2c-e trip, I kept getting massive amounts of tingling pin-prick sensations in my lips and tip of my tongue.

Man, I haven't smoked opium in like 9 years, and I can still trigger a reflexive sensation by focusing on the way I breathe.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

Man, I haven't smoked opium in like 9 years, and I can still trigger a reflexive sensation by focusing on the way I breathe.

Well, shit.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    It's like exhaling from your spine forever.

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    if i focus on a flat, textured surface in a certain way, i can still see waves, even though it's been years since i've last taken any psychadelics

balerbower on
  • Options
    my chinchilla just ate my weed while i was in the shower and now she's hopping everywhere like a kangaroo

lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.