As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh my gracious

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I feel like how I imagine ghosts feel. Just filled with indistinct, half-remembered past traumas, only ever feeling a constant dull pain and a gnawing emptiness right below my stomach, wandering around a house in the middle of the night making tortured noises and slamming cupboard doors and knocking stuff over.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    my chinchilla just ate my weed while i was in the shower and now she's hopping everywhere like a kangaroo

The last two days, there's been a huge rash of posts on reddit/SA/failblog about "my pet ate my weed and {attempt at being funny here}"

Weaver on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i don't go on any of those

lfYVHTd.png
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    my chinchilla just ate my weed while i was in the shower and now she's hopping everywhere like a kangaroo

get some video of dat

nevillexmassig1.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i honestly don't know where she is right now

somewhere in my room but

there's a lot of place she could be

she goes back in her cage to eat or sleep though, so i just trap her then

lfYVHTd.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Careful with the chinchilla. Don't let it think that it's cool just because it got high and for the love of god if it buys any Bob Marley merch from Spencers then make the little fucker into a coat.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    there aint enough surface area on a chinchiller fer a coat, you'd get a glove, maybe.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    tiny hat

chinchilla yarmulke

I'm currently fighting an enormous urge for a cig.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    so apparently my adderall was at quarter-strength for an entire month

that explains why I was incredibly moody and depressed and hungry for thirty days

thanks, weekend fill-in doctor

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm currently fighting an enormous urge for a cig.

you have one

it's iron man

Shit.

• blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i'm currently doing a reaaaally fast taper off of methadone (got hooked on my painkillers when i threw my back out a few years ago, this seems to be a more pleasant, less intense way of getting myself off the opiate dependency than just doing cold-turkey or straight tapering off my dilaudids... down to 6ml from 60, and it's really not bad at all.)

also scripted 4mg of xanax a day for panic attacks that i've had since, like, elementary school. at this point i only take 1mg a day tops, and even then i try and hold back for when i feel like i'm actually having a heart attack or something. i find since i quit smoking pot my anxiety is waaaaay less ridiculous and life-ruining. i actually have a medicinal card for MJ (got it when i lived in BC for 3 years), but there's no dispensaries out in winnipeg and i don't want to have to hook up with a medicinal grower (too much trouble), so it's a convenient excuse to stop smoking pot. fuck paying $10 for shitty grams, i'm used to $6 grams of kush from the shops in vancouver. :D

oh also, i just got back from las vegas with some REAL FUCKING AMERICAN CIGARETTES (winston reds, i can't believe how cheap they are out there) and i can't even handle more than 2 a day, they blow our shitty domestic stuff like players and export a out of the water.

blixaphonics on
    edited May 2012
    double-postage.

blixaphonics on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Seeing all the people in here with depression kinda makes you wonder, you know

sig.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    The age old question
    Which came first
    The depression
    Or the copious amounts of drugs

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    The depression.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    The depression for sure

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    depression

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    absolutely

edited May 2012
    speaking of drugs

student is taken into custody during a drug raid, placed in a dea isolation cell, and left there for five days

and not like "oh he was held for five days while we did this that and the other" no they stuck him in a cell and basically forgot about him

allegedly he found and used a bag of meth while in the cell

Buttlord on
    i say we protest by doing drugs

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    just did

• B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Several south-american countrys want to stop the war on drugs, because they start to loose their governmental infrastructure in big areas due to the war with the drug cartels.

Is it a good idea to legalize hard drugs like opiates or coke? (Ignoring barbiturates here because well... you guys should know, they actually help)

Would Society totally collapse?

B_R on
    Projeck wrote: »
    just did

do more

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i took a hit of weed once

turned into a ravenous monster pretty much instantly, that girl is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHeHIMFa_HU

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    B_R wrote: »
    Several south-american countrys want to stop the war on drugs, because they start to loose their governmental infrastructure in big areas due to the war with the drug cartels.

Is it a good idea to legalize hard drugs like opiates or coke? (Ignoring barbiturates here because well... you guys should know, they actually help)

no need to go all the way and legalize right off the bat

Portugal decriminalized a lot of soft and hard drugs and they're doing great. they did legalize possession of less than than ten days of personal use, but just lightened penalties for trafficking and possession in large amounts. also started focusing on rehab over jail time

of course, it's hard to tell if that'd make a difference with the cartels. I feel like the police (and in some places, military forces) in cartel countries probably aren't wasting their time on petty possession anymore anyway

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    Lockout wrote: »
    focusing on rehab over jail time

why are they so soft on crime

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i'm currently doing a reaaaally fast taper off of methadone (got hooked on my painkillers when i threw my back out a few years ago, this seems to be a more pleasant, less intense way of getting myself off the opiate dependency than just doing cold-turkey or straight tapering off my dilaudids... down to 6ml from 60, and it's really not bad at all.)

also scripted 4mg of xanax a day for panic attacks that i've had since, like, elementary school. at this point i only take 1mg a day tops, and even then i try and hold back for when i feel like i'm actually having a heart attack or something. i find since i quit smoking pot my anxiety is waaaaay less ridiculous and life-ruining. i actually have a medicinal card for MJ (got it when i lived in BC for 3 years), but there's no dispensaries out in winnipeg and i don't want to have to hook up with a medicinal grower (too much trouble), so it's a convenient excuse to stop smoking pot. fuck paying $10 for shitty grams, i'm used to $6 grams of kush from the shops in vancouver. :D

oh also, i just got back from las vegas with some REAL FUCKING AMERICAN CIGARETTES (winston reds, i can't believe how cheap they are out there) and i can't even handle more than 2 a day, they blow our shitty domestic stuff like players and export a out of the water.

fuck you for being able to get medical weed, props for kicking painkillers. i did a suboxone taper, which i think is supposed to be a lot better. i've never met any who actually quit after taking methadone, so i really hope that works for you!

whenever people in canada or california talk about how cheap they can get actual legal quality weed i get so upset i just have to mention that a pack of delicious american cigarettes is $3.50

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Seeing all the people in here with depression kinda makes you wonder, you know

i also technically have the depression

i'm a super unhappy person but lately, i've been less unhappy then ever before, so maybe that means it's going away? regardless medicating stuff never did dick for me, except i was super high on uppers/xanax all the time.

reposig.jpg
    The bipolar disorder came first

And I'm happier than I've ever been, though that's due in large part to the mood stabilizer and me just trying to be a better person

I just also really enjoy drugs.

lfYVHTd.png
    sagan is operating on a legit pr

fuck you for being able to get medical weed, props for kicking painkillers. i did a suboxone taper, which i think is supposed to be a lot better. i've never met any who actually quit after taking methadone, so i really hope that works for you!

whenever people in canada or california talk about how cheap they can get actual legal quality weed i get so upset i just have to mention that a pack of delicious american cigarettes is $3.50

the thing about methadone is a lot of people go up to like 100+ mls, and i capped off at 60. i'm doing a 1ml a week taper and it's not bad aside from a bit of achiness when i first wake up. the morning jog really helps with that though. and yeah, i thought about suboxone but my methadone is covered up here, suboxone is SUPER pricey... not much of a choice for me, and with the relatively small tapers (albeit every week, which is a bit fast apparently) it's not SUPER disruptive to my ability to work and socialize and exist on the material plane. :P

and yeah, weed MENUS (http://delta9medical.ca/ for the menu of one of my preferred dispensaries out there... weed shops = omg yes) were awesome for the 3 years i was out in vancouver. nowadays though, i dunno... i need selection and good deals if i wanna justify smoking pot, and like i said... it really fucked with my anxiety shit. all in all i'm way more productive, if a BIT more inclined to want to slap people around in public for their idiocy.

i'm just not down to pay $50 for 7 grams of weed that is of an unknown strain/quality.. plus i hate shady dealers. :/

also yes, i would murder for american booze/cigarette prices (the bourbon prices alone would justify american citizenship). every time i go down south i STOCK THE FUCK UP.

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular

whhhHHAAAAAA

i don't even smoke weed that much anymore cause all it does is make me anxious so you can have all my california weed.

i love cigarettes.

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I was getting medical quality weed for $10 a gram when I was still smoking.

But yeah since I moved home and quit smoking my anxiety has mostly gone away. Though that might be the Zoloft finally working

10$ grams are what i buy from The Homie when nobody's card is available

dispensaries range from a little less to a little more, in my experience

i remember high school though, boy

kids'll pay 20 bucks for a gram and think they're getting a good deal

lfYVHTd.png
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    Yeah the ratio 10:1 is pretty much universal.

edited May 2012
    you could definitely get quality indica for $7 and sativa for $8 in vancouver with a card. then again, it's VANCOUVER. like literally the nexus of the pot-smoking universe. you could buy sugar shake at some shops for like $10 for a quarter-ounce.

and i totally, totally just get panicky and worried about what people think of me when i smoke pot nowadays. i didn't even realize until i hadn't smoked for like a week after moving back to the prairies. my xanax intake has gone waaaay down.

also i would just like to re-state for like the 3rd time: fuck canadian booze/smoke prices. fucking $10.50 for a pack of camels or winston up here, SCREW THAT NOISE.

blixaphonics on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    B_R wrote: »

No, it wouldn't. Hard opiates are escape drugs, and the kind of people who use them already have nothing to lose, generally. If someone flipped a switch and you could get a six pack of syringes at the 7-11, not much would change. The people who would use habitually are largely already doing so. It's not like mom and dad with a five year old kid at home are just champing at the bit for heroin, and its Schedule I status is the only thing stopping them.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
This discussion has been closed.