As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to get thicker skin (girlzes)

• piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    every time im with her, i dont feel miserable, i dont feel depressed, and im just happy being around her....evidentally thats not good enough. Its when im away from her, when i think about the stupid shit that she puts me in, the fucked up situations that im thrown into....that makes me post on these forums.

I'm pretty sure this is the way that battered wives rationalize staying with abusive husbands. Society passes that off as a pretty bad thing that needs to overcome, and I agree. If you like being a bitch, then don't complain about being her bitch.

If you want a fair relationship that you feel good about outside of , you must either convince her to partake evenly (something that I beleive has failed thus far?) or pursue other relationships.

piL on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    no shit it is...women are always men's fucking problem...some men can just deal with it better than others....

just like all women are psycho....some just show it more than others.

its all about who is right for who, what clicks and what doesnt....we dont click, i fucking realize it.

its fucking stressful as all fuck knowing that i can come home every day and not worry about this shit, because were all laughing and having a fucking wonderful time...

but then something bad happens, i think of PA H/A, and i say "oops sorry! breaking up with you!"

every time im with her, i dont feel miserable, i dont feel depressed, and im just happy being around her....evidentally thats not good enough. Its when im away from her, when i think about the stupid shit that she puts me in, the fucked up situations that im thrown into....that makes me post on these forums.

ugh, just shoot me already, this is fucking weak
    Not all women are like that, which is our point. If all women were like that, there'd be no point in getting out of the relationship. Most women are, in fact, not at all like that. Which is why you should break up with this one, and find someone who is better. Someone who is good to you, good for you, an actual partner, and not someone who just depends on you for everything, while giving nothing but sex in return. If all you want is sex in return for money, you can probably get a prostitute for a lot cheaper, and you don't have to put up with all the emotional bullshit.

Thanatos on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    no shit it is...women are always men's fucking problem...some men can just deal with it better than others....

its all about who is right for who, what clicks and what doesnt....we dont click, i fucking realize it.

its fucking stressful as all fuck knowing that i can come home every day and not worry about this shit, because were all laughing and having a fucking wonderful time...

but then something bad happens, i think of PA H/A, and i say "oops sorry! breaking up with you!"

If that's the case, then tell her straight up that you're concerned and it's making you feel pretty fucking tired. If you feel that happy around her, then it's worth telling her your feelings.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dude it's pretty simple. You can find another girl that you can enjoy hanging out with that doesn't cause you all this grief. I'm starting to think that the underlying problem is that you have no confidence that you can find someone else. If not, then I cannot understand why you would even hesitate to show her the door.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Hey erm...you might not want to post this crap where women can read it. :|

There are girls out there (millions upon millions, I am sure) that can make you happy when you're with them and don't make you worry the moment they're not in eyesight. Dump this girl, take a step back, enjoy the life of not having to worry about what goes on in your house and maybe one day you'll run into a kind loving person who wants to be with you.

Aldo on
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    WoW is the 800 pound-gorilla in this room.

WoW did this to both of you.

Now you will probably be banned.

Obs on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that the underlying problem is that you have no confidence that you can find someone else. If not, then I cannot understand why you would even hesitate to show her the door.

*cough* yeah...doesnt help that shes my first. I have no self esteem nor confidence to get another. its taken me 20 years to find someone who cares for me...and yes, i know she does. she just sucks at proving it.

maybe she doesnt, fuck...FUCK

FUCK

i dont know anymore....ill just crash and burn hard and come back saying you all were right in the end...i dont have the motivation nor the self-confidence to stand up for this shit...i cannot do it...i suck.

tuscloud311 on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm starting to think that the underlying problem is that you have no confidence that you can find someone else. If not, then I cannot understand why you would even hesitate to show her the door.

*cough* yeah...doesnt help that shes my first. I have no self esteem nor confidence to get another. its taken me 20 years to find someone who cares for me...and yes, i know she does. she just sucks at proving it.

FUCK

i dont know anymore....ill just crash and burn hard and come back saying you all were right in the end...i dont have the motivation nor the self-confidence to stand up for this shit...i cannot do it...i suck.

This mentality is why my current girlfriend wouldn't leave her prior relationship. It was her first *everything* basically and she felt it was the be all, end all to all relationships even thought the guy turned into major douche and treated her like shit.

If this girl is seriously trouble for you, leave her. Learn from your experience and use it to build towards another relationship.

Because, despite what you may think, there will be others.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited February 2007

FUCK

Goddamnit, don't be so insecure.

And it didn't take you 20 years to find someone who cares for you, one woman in particular loves you very much. (hint, you came out of her womb)

You're acting as if having a relationship is the most important thing in the world, but really, it is not, there are enough singles in the world who are content with their life without a significant other. Sure it will suck for a while, but once you see how nice things can be without having to worry about some girl who doesn't give a flying fuck about your feelings, you'll be much happier, I assure you.

Aldo on
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    sounds like you don't really have a problem yet. You've been coasting through a pointelss relationship that makes you feel good. But you're gonna have a helluva problem soon if what I think is going to happen happens

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
    edited February 2007
    It's time for her to be your first break up.

Obs on
  • virgilsammsvirgilsamms Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Its pretty much a golden rule that if you're comfortable and confident (even happy) on your own then your relationships have a much better chance of success. If one person is carrying the other emotionally its difficult to maintain. What I'm really trying to say is that yes there are other girls out there, but you also need to take some time to really get comfortable and happy with yourself on your own. It would be time well spent.

virgilsamms on
    edited February 2007
    yup, ive tried that...never really turns out very good. I mean, before her...i did the same thing all my life. Enter her, and im having fun...im doing new things and enjoying my new life. Take her away, i get even more depressed, AND back to doing my stupid normal boring life that i had.

so i was never really happy with myself, i dont even know how that feels. ive been depressed since sophmore year of high school. (5 years ago). She kind of lifted me out of it (in some way), but then basically turned it into stress.

tuscloud311 on
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

*cough* yeah...doesnt help that shes my first. I have no self esteem nor confidence to get another. its taken me 20 years to find someone who cares for me...

Oh wow, I told a female friend about your story a couple of hours ago and this is EXACTLY what she said was probably your backstory.

You are happy you finally found a girl, but you are letting her get away with way too much.... she is treating you like crap, this whole meeting-other-guys-from-WoW-thing is incredibly selfish and it is just natural that you feel hurt.

I am a bit torn...noone here really knows her, so if you really do believe that your relationship might be worth salvaging try to call her on all the shit she is pulling and try to put your foot down....don't be fooled by empty promises and get her to show you she actually cares.

But honestly, I think it might be best if you just end this now, it will be way better for your self esteem if YOU break up with her, don't let this run until she dumps you for someone else....

Librarian on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You work right tusc? Do you have a health plan that cover mental? You need to see a therapist dude. Something in you is broken and until you get it fixed you are going to have unhappy relationships. Just like when you break a bone in your hand if it doesn't heal right you wont have the same movement ability.

So see a therapist work on making yourself feel better (I recommend the jenna jameson collection and some good lubricant). And then seek out others.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2007
    yup, ive tried that...never really turns out very good. I mean, before her...i did the same thing all my life. Enter her, and im having fun...im doing new things and enjoying my new life. Take her away, i get even more depressed, AND back to doing my stupid normal boring life that i had.

so i was never really happy with myself, i dont even know how that feels. ive been depressed since sophmore year of high school. (5 years ago). She kind of lifted me out of it (in some way), but then basically turned it into stress.

Oh wow so now you say your whole life sucks now? What the fuck.

Life sucks with her and without her. Choose the lesser of two evils.

P.S. I don't think you should be in a relationship if you are going to be this needy.

Obs on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Relying on another person 100% for your happiness is never a good idea. you end up like this, utterly dependent on someone. Whether she realizes it or not she is taking advantage of that. She thinks that you'll never dump her so she can get away with whatever she wants. In short from your desciption of the relationship she simply doesn't respect you. She probably cares on some level but respect is just as important as affection.

Sorry to say dude you're setting yourself up for a relationship like this too. you're projecting a doormat persona right now. Don't be surprised when people walk on you.

I don't mean this meanly but it's true

nexuscrawler on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There is no reason why you would have to go back to the old way of things if you and this girl are no longer together. She may have introduced you to some things you now enjoy, you can keep doing those things without her. Unless of course those fun things are sex..in which case being a good lay is no reason to stay in any relationship.

Take this as an example that you, just being yourself, can attract a woman. Let that build up your confidence for the future. Being single is not horrible and you will eventually find someone new who makes you feel good.

That's another thing. You are basing how you feel about yourself too much on this girl. If things between you are going well you feel great. But the second things go south you feel like complete shit. Learn to make yourself happy and don't depend on someone else to do it for you.

Marathon on
    edited February 2007
    You know why people treat family members like shit- because they know they won't ever leave them.

You know why she treats you like shit- because she knows you will never leave her.

You know why no one treats a stranger like shit? Because they know they will leave them.

Obs on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    we dont click, i fucking realize it.
    Good. The next logical course of action would be to break up with her, because staying in a relationship with someone you're not compatible with is not fair to yourself, nor particularly healthy. Ditch the bitch, now.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    Really, ive never been "too needy". I mean...ive been fine on my own all my life....but now that ive gotten a taste of that feeling that yeah, im actually wanted in 1 or more ways...i actually wake up in the morning to a beautiful girl and just smile at her and think of how much fun we had yesterday...kiss her before i go to work, and think about her...

all of that shit yanno? its not really that i NEED it because ive proven i could do live life without it. it just sucked, there was nothing going for me. i actually have something i can live for now...i dont feel alone. Even all the bullshit shes put me through, i still care about her. thats why i cant let her go. if anything, SHE is the needy one because im basically the one who is saving her. not the other way around.

look, i know i sound like a fucking retard, or some stupid kid or whatever....but i really do know what im doing in regards to my own relationship (re: why im still in it).

tuscloud311 on
  • JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry for your situation man, but this line made me laugh
    Enter her, and im having fun

JeffH on
    edited February 2007
    Really, ive never been "too needy". I mean...ive been fine on my own all my life....but now that ive gotten a taste of that feeling that yeah, im actually wanted in 1 or more ways...i actually wake up in the morning to a beautiful girl and just smile at her and think of how much fun we had yesterday...kiss her before i go to work, and think about her...

all of that shit yanno? its not really that i NEED it because ive proven i could do live life without it. it just sucked, there was nothing going for me. i actually have something i can live for now...i dont feel alone. Even all the bullshit shes put me through, i still care about her. thats why i cant let her go. if anything, SHE is the needy one because im basically the one who is saving her. not the other way around.

look, i know i sound like a fucking retard, or some stupid kid or whatever....but i really do know what im doing in regards to my own relationship (re: why im still in it).

Well then I'm glad you came to a decision and salvaged your relationship. You are the _________ of all men.

Godspeed.

[/thread]

Obs on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    if you think it's worth saving then by all means try. But you gotta stand up for yourself. Tell her she's treating you like dirt and dismissing your feelings way too easily. Don't make it totally about money but tell her she has to get a job and contribute to the bills. Period. No excuses. if she doesn't want to say you're selling her computer rig to pay next months rent then.

Tell her that the fact that she thinks it a-ok to have guys from the internet staying over is bullshit and geniunely hurtful.

If you keep coasting along like this afraid to confront problems this is going to end badly

nexuscrawler on
    edited February 2007

Yes she needs you because she doesn't have a job or a place to stay in the area, but she is abusing you to get what she wants. Altruism is really not needed on your part.

Aldo on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Dude, even I know I'll have to quit smoking eventually.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited February 2007
    tuscloud wrote:
    Really, ive never been "too needy". I mean...ive been fine on my own all my life....
    And you'll be fine being on your own again.

tuscloud wrote:
    but now that ive gotten a taste of that feeling that yeah, im actually wanted in 1 or more ways...i actually wake up in the morning to a beautiful girl and just smile at her and think of how much fun we had yesterday...kiss her before i go to work, and think about her...
    There are other, better girls you can have this same feeling for. Chances are they won't treat you like dirt and put you through loads of bullshit, either.

tuscloud wrote:
    all of that shit yanno? its not really that i NEED it because ive proven i could do live life without it. it just sucked, there was nothing going for me. i actually have something i can live for now...i dont feel alone. Even all the bullshit shes put me through, i still care about her. thats why i cant let her go.
    Breaking up with this girl != being alone for the rest of your life. You can look for someone new afterwards, y'know. Just try to be a little more discerning this time.

tuscloud wrote:
    if anything, SHE is the needy one because im basically the one who is saving her. not the other way around.
    Yeah, I would think of parasites as being needy, too.

tuscloud wrote:
    The sex and the emotional high you get from being around her is not exclusive to her. There are other girls out there. Get rid of her and go find them.

Hacksaw on
  • Chief1138Chief1138 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Then why the fuck did you start this thread? We've told you on numerous occasions that you are not the one who is at fault in this relationship, and yet still you persist. You're just a glutton for punishment I guess, but if you aren't going to listen then there is no point in posting here in the first place.

Chief1138 on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Good lord dude, you need to dump this girl. This was clear after your first thread about her.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jesus god almighty.

You are twenty years old. Twenty years old. Do not whine about how it took you TWENTY. YEARS. to find someone to care about you. Were you seriously looking for The One For You in sixth grade? Christ. You are also not the first person not to have a serious relationship in high school, which is just as well, since most high school relationships are a bunch of foofaroo anyway. I did not go on a date until I was nearly twenty! And you know what? Four years later, I am now married.

The relationship I was in before I started dating my husband was not healthy, because I thought I totally needed the other person and was utterly miserable when they dumped me because I thought life alone would be total crap. And you know what? I was wrong. (Not at first, because I acted all emo and mopey and so life wasn't that much fun.) Once you realize, however, that if you have outside hobbies and interests and activities (other than WoW, you can be happy alone. If you cannot be happy alone, a relationship is NEVER going to make you honestly happy. I cannot stress that enough.

My final advice is that you need to stop putting your fucking problems on other people. "Women are men's problem, all women are psycho ..." Do you know what that is? That is the sound of you making excuses for why you are stuck in a two-way-needy, dead-end, shit-tacular relationship. You have a data set with one value in it: you cannot extrapolate from your one psychotic girlfriend that all women, everywhere, are just as fucked up. Got it?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    but i really do know what im doing in regards to my own relationship (re: why im still in it).

I doubt you do, somehow.

I guess everyone who hasn't already said "break up with her" can save it for next week when you post the "she actually cheated on me, for reals this time" thread.

W2 on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I may have missed this and I don't want to slog through the history but you are, at the very least, sleeping with her, right? I mean, it's not a chaste relationship, is it?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    I may have missed this and I don't want to slog through the history but you are, at the very least, sleeping with her, right? I mean, it's not a chaste relationship, is it?

They bang, but for the love of god I hope they don't procreate.

SkyGheNe on
    edited February 2007
    Oh God nothing more can come out of this thread. It's just gonna be strides of people rolling in punching this guy in the gut several times.

Obs on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cheesy line but it's true, and after reading the thread i think it applies to you:

'You need to be able to love yourself before you can truly love someone else.'

Depending on someone else to be happy is never a good thing YOUR life has to revolve around YOU.

After my first serious long-term relationship I went through 2 bad phases:

-I need her to be happy. This lasted a few months
    then..
    -I need a girlfriend to be happy

After that I started taking women and relationships more lightly, generally taking a 'let's just see where things go' approach. And beleive me, life is much better when you start seeing things that way. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't get involved serioulsy in a girl. Just means that she shouldn't be the center and only thing in your life. It doesn't work out with her? It's sad, but in due time there will be others.

And it's always better to be alone than to have bad company.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SkyGheNe wrote: »

I really just wanted to make sure he was getting something out of the relationship, because the original post doesn't make sense to me as there is nothing that he apparently gets out of the relationship: they don't share interests and she makes him feel self-conscious and, usually, shitty. So, I can only imagine (and hope!) that he was getting some kind of physical something or other from the relationship.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited February 2007

I really just wanted to make sure he was getting something out of the relationship, because the original post doesn't make sense to me as there is nothing that he apparently gets out of the relationship: they don't share interests and she makes him feel self-conscious and, usually, shitty. So, I can only imagine (and hope!) that he was getting some kind of physical something or other from the relationship.

Woefully irrelevant.

Obs on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Keeping in mind this is about the third or fourth thread about this girl. It's a (bafflingly) continuing saga.

W2 on
    edited February 2007
    W2 wrote: »

Keeping in mind this is about the third or fourth thread about this girl. It's a (bafflingly) continuing saga.
    It's not baffling; he's too scared of being alone to end the relationship.

Hacksaw on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Obs wrote: »

Woefully irrelevant.

Not really irrelevant, but backwards. The sex makes the problem worse. But I'm not going there.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.