As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Prices seem pretty bananas

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I dunno, seeing as how you can guarantee new jobs/summons and select what abilities you buy from the store, it might be a lot cheaper.
    Probably a much lower expected value than a standard gacha game(without hitting the jackpot).

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I did like that the ability shop had a list of creatures for sale that you can pick and choose from, with a 3+* max skill level for each main element.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The high res option is in the config menu. I dunno if that option is the battery hog or it just is in general, but I'm thinking I'll just end up keeping everything on low most of the time.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yea, I turned high res on but it didn't seem to change all that much. It's not too bad, so whatever.

Edit: The cactaur animations are adorable.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I've already got the FFBE thread going on (which after August, who knows how relevant the game will remain...) I assume FFMobius is going to be popular among the usual crowds here, so if someone wants to set up a thread for things like Friend Codes so as not to pollute the general Android thread with that stuff, feel free.

Just got done with the tutorial stuff myself. Got a 3* Ares out of the first summon, doesn't seem too awful. Not sure where the meta is this early in the game, though I doubt it's as bad as FFBE was with units who were considered uber from the start. More like FFRK where you just keep going and get what you get to make your team how you want it to be.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Just as a note, under Config there's an option to turn the battle difficulty from Normal to Hard, which gives more xp. But it very quickly starts to get actually hard. I've had a couple battles now where I've had to restart because I just couldn't withstand their attacks.

A lot of it seems to be coming down to Orb generation/management and manipulation of the Element Drive (and subsequently, team building to manipulate the elemental drive options).

Characters
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    I've already got the FFBE thread going on (which after August, who knows how relevant the game will remain...) I assume FFMobius is going to be popular among the usual crowds here, so if someone wants to set up a thread for things like Friend Codes so as not to pollute the general Android thread with that stuff, feel free.

Just got done with the tutorial stuff myself. Got a 3* Ares out of the first summon, doesn't seem too awful. Not sure where the meta is this early in the game, though I doubt it's as bad as FFBE was with units who were considered uber from the start. More like FFRK where you just keep going and get what you get to make your team how you want it to be.

Oh dude my pull was fantastic, I got error_code:12 :D

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Just as a note, under Config there's an option to turn the battle difficulty from Normal to Hard, which gives more xp. But it very quickly starts to get actually hard. I've had a couple battles now where I've had to restart because I just couldn't withstand their attacks.

A lot of it seems to be coming down to Orb generation/management and manipulation of the Element Drive (and subsequently, team building to manipulate the elemental drive options).

ok, but do you actually PLAY any cards, or what is this whole thing about cards. Im very confused and Im still stuck on error code 12

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Cards are abilities. You hit enemies and elemental orbs come out. You get enough you can use an ability. You can elemental shift to make certain types not come out thus meaning you get more out the others.

Most don't have cool downs, as long as you have orbs go to town.

Each class also has an ultimate attack.

All enemies have break bars, which can be weakened by using abilities so they empty more rapidly from damage. When an enemy is broken they take increased damage for three or so turns. So ability, melee to break, use ability once broken for big damage. Shift elements to force orbs you need or to change your affinity so you take less damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You equip job cards for your class and bonuses, you equip ability cards for the spells you have available during battle.

Basically you tap and swipe your commands real time during your turn and then the enemy goes.

• Options
    "Cards" in this game are a bit of a misnomer. Don't think of this as Hearthstone/MtG and like you're playing your cards to combat the opponent. The "cards" are literally just the visual representation of the ability and stats they confer to you while equipped.

An Ifrit Card with Hellfire ability and +3% Fire damage, can basically be summed up as letting you cast Hellfire in battle, with an extra 3% fire damage. They throw a lot of information at you in the tutorial all at once and it took me a while to sort through it, but after a few more battles, you get the hang of it.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    What's going on to FFBE in August?

• Options
    Gumi, responsible for overseeing the game's global handling, released an exclusive event for Global that many are arguing is far more grindy in nature than anything released in JP. Really, that's small potatoes though, as I personally find the event to be a misstep while Gumi made their first attempt at things.

The daily login rewards for August pale in comparison to the rewards for July however, and the shop bundles for real money are blatant, predatory cash grabs that don't make any sense to have. Again, July's bundles seemed fair and even reasonable. Obviously, when players are upset, they are wont to write and complain through social media about it, in the hopes that Gumi takes notice. There's been no official word on things yet, but the hope is that September will go back to the kind of f2p rewards and bundles we had before. If not, I can't see many people sticking with the game, given that's very transparent about the low gacha rates and if you follow the JP release schedule, the power creep expands greatly that obsoletes any character we'll be seeing for the foreseeable future.

When the global version of the game catches up to where Japan is now, who knows where the power creep will be? It kind of makes wanting to spend any of the premium currency for units in the game now seem moot and useless. An increase in power as the game ages is expected, but the curve on that power incline is so incredibly steep, and the odds at which any player will be expected to see one of those god-tier characters only gets smaller and smaller. It favors whales, while making free players who want to be that invested/feel powerful left in the dust.

• Options
    Hmm. Hmm. Yes this mobious game seems dumb.

~Official Review~

• Options
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Hmm. Hmm. Yes this mobious game seems dumb.

~Official Review~

Also

Your face

• Options
    Hmm did anyone else get a summon ticket to drop in Wyrmwatch? Wondering if they can drop randomly or if that was scripted.

• Options
    Drop or like the post area chest? Because the gold chests have them on occasion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Post area chest. Good to know.
    Now to cross my fingers for one more to drop.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    didja get the summon ticket for the crystal for the ability crystal for the magicite that gets the job summon for the ability summon for the ability seeds or are you talking about the tablet that lets you go to the zone to get the xp for the ability from the purchased ability not the summoned ability from the tickets but also the job thats activated with the crystal not the job summon ticket?

:|
    rmdSx.gif

imdointhis on
  • Options
    Haha, I don't think it's all that complicated. MREAM, bro.

• Options
    sorry, the premium currency vanishing after 14 days if you dont spend it -really really really- rubs me the wrong way

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    From Slickdeals, Amazon app thing has Dragon Quest 8 for free: Link

• Options
    Really isn't.

Two tickets. Summon and ability.

Summon is for gacha. Ability is for shop.

Magicite let's you buy some useful items or replace summon tickets if you don't have enough. (500 magicite per ticket)

Jobs can't be pulled in duplicate. Abilities can.

Abilities level by fusion or just exp from battle.

Cactuars are exp boosts.

Ability cards have three levels.

The card level which is basically just there to indicate how much it adds to character level.

Ability level which ups the power.

Skill seeds which dictates how many skill seeds you get after a fight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Orogogus wrote: »
    From Slickdeals, Amazon app thing has Dragon Quest 8 for free: Link

Ok, i downloaded the android underground, im on the product page, but theres nowhere to download it!!!

• Options
    Yeah, I have no idea where to actually download it x.x

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    It was really hard to find; I thought I might have just been app-stupid. What I ended up doing was buying it from my PC and then searching for it as a non-Underground app (i.e., under all apps and games), which brought me to the Amazon screen showing I'd already bought it and where I could click on Install or whatever.

• Options
    You should be able to just go to "Your Account -> Your Android Apps and Devices"

• Options
    White Mage limit break will never get old.

Upfront heal about as strong as Yuna? Cool.
    Deals damage too? Sweet.
    Gives me a 4 turn Heal over Time? I love you.

Like, I've seen some of the other limit breaks that do funky things with the orb bar and have tons and tons of damage, but the sheer amount of healing helps smoothing things over so much.

Characters
  • Options
    So, I evolved my Onion Knight to a Warrior so I could beat a boss.
    Beat him, got my 6th summon ticket, much celebration.
    Do my Job draw, draw Warrior.
    The kick to the nads is that it starts weaker than the Onion Knight version and I'm not quite sure if I see in what way it actually gets stronger. OK gets more skill panels and the unlocks in the Warrior panel look about the same or weaker. I guess the power curve is just later on the drawn Warrior and it unlocks different classes.

At least I'll never draw that one again hah.

• Options
    That's why I'm waiting until they add some more jobs before pulling

Because yeah, I still might draw Warrior or Mage or something

But I'll have a CHANCE of drawing those later jobs too, and then you can't draw them again at least

BIG NEWS THOUGH MAYBE?

The Magicite decay timers are gone

• Options
    The warrior from onion knight only gets one panel. Those draw jobs get eight panels.

It's more expensive but the difference is kind of exponential.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eh, I figure I might as well make one draw and see what they're like. Now that the magicite timer is off, we'll probably draw most of the jobs eventually anyway.

Yeah, you really need to get into upgrading the second and third panels to start evening out between the two.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    That's why I'm waiting until they add some more jobs before pulling

Because yeah, I still might draw Warrior or Mage or something

But I'll have a CHANCE of drawing those later jobs too, and then you can't draw them again at least

BIG NEWS THOUGH MAYBE?

The Magicite decay timers are gone

Wait, so the Magicite you draw from your charging pool never goes away? Awesome!

I mean, I've been having fun with my mage (upgraded from apprentice), but I'd love to draw some new jobs.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I've been enjoying Mage a lot, yeah

Haven't quite figured out what Warrior is good for though

Mage jobs do a fuckload of damage to broken enemies

Ranger jobs do a lot of break damage

I guess maybe Warriors split the difference?

• Options
    Pretty much, yeah.

• Options
    Warrior hit thing
    Warrior live long time before need heal

Im starting chp 2 now - plz tell me what the heck im supposed to be augmenting. I havent spent a single ticket but i cleared ch 1 on hard the whole way by using friendly yuna's.

I used 1 phoenix down on the chimera fight, that one was rough

So yeah, what do i augment, what should i be buying?

• Options
    Buy Fenrir, Succubus, and Salamander

Everything else is pretty much optional

Try to get at least one Cockatrice card, it gives you access to Aero for your Mage since there are no Wind Mage cards in the shop

Augment whatever, honestly, your goal is to augment monster cards with a Lesser version of abilities you use to 3*

For example, Dust Soldier is a 1* card with Lesser Earth Sword; I want to augment that up to 3*, at which point that Lesser Earth Sword will become "Earth Sword", and all future Dust Soldier drops will also be 3* cards with the Earth Sword ability. I can then take those cards, and fuse them into my Onion Knight card to increase its ability level.

• Options
    I just got a bunch of 3* cards, mainly fire stuff since I started with Ifrit. Get Salamander, even though he caps at 3* his atk down is really useful.

Work on 3*'ing the trash cards you get that have a version of an ability of your cards that start at 3* from the shop. In the meantime, augment your seeds on the cards you use. Mainly fire.

• Options
    " In the meantime, augment your seeds on the cards you use."

I dont understand what this means exactly