Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hospitals and Long Term Treatment: Chronic illness thread for the repeat customers

18911131480

Posts

  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm almost to the point of calling my father and asking him to fly down and help me


    and remind me how much of a failure I am

    Another similarity we have.

    "You know, if you'd just taken your scholarship and maybe done something with your life, you could just have your gardener do this for you. But you didn't want to go to college."

    easysig2.jpg
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Hey Stale. I think you're awesome.
    The fact that you're going through all the bad medical jazz and still trying to put up a retaining wall made me chuckle a bit, cause I've been there. I dunno what it is about hard labor when your bodies giving out, just makes you feel better.

    headphones2.jpg
  • ReginaldReginald Registered User regular
    Stale, can I be your live in butler? I have no social graces, and I have what doctors would call a "mild case of tourretes". But other than that, I am great at drinking contests.

  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Yeah Stale, for someone I only know from the forums you seem like a pretty awesome guy to me. If I was in the area I'd definitely pitch in with the masonry.

    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have been in the hospital a week now, and on Saturday night i am being discharged just so I can fly to mayo clinic on sunday morning.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Damn Munkus. You have my hopes that they can do something good.

    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    Question for the thread. I'm turning 30 in two years. How much is my premium going to go up? Should it even worry me at all? I have blue shield

    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

  • HullisHullis Prepare yourself! Johnny Cage is not afraid to die!Registered User regular
    I have been in the hospital a week now, and on Saturday night i am being discharged just so I can fly to mayo clinic on sunday morning.

    Let me know when you're settled down so I can send you Xenoblade, okay?

    Stay strong, man.

    mhdbgi.png
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    While my problems pale in comparison to the point of being albino, I can relate to your guy's pain on the smallest of scales.

    I wouldn't have what anyone would consider a chronic illness, nor do I have any sort of extended hospital visits or long term treatment plans. More that my problem is orthopedic, in both my knees and my right shoulder.

    For relation, I've been aggressively stabbed before. You know, in the "I'm going to vigorously stick a knife in you in order to kill you" type of aggressively stabbed. This would be about a 9 on the normal person/medical understanding of the hospital pain scale. As such, from a comparison point of view, I constantly roll with a 3 or 4 on the pain scale in my joints. It feels like I have literal knives as ligaments for my kneecaps, if you need an image... and yeah, knowing what knives feel like inside the body, I'm not exaggerating.

    So, as such, I can imagine the pain that you guys are going through when you don't have meds, as I've probably flirted with it's cousin from time to time. I also know that there isn't any real response someone can give that will make it any better for more than an instant. But... sometimes, an instant is all you need.

    Fucking feel better.

    "Never Hit"
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    So not the same vein of problems, but I still do owe over 30k for my dental woes.
    Had my 2nd of 3 root canals today. Going ok, but I've had an earache the past few days...or feels like it.
    Maybe it's just jaw pain.

    Going to the doctor on a late lunch to see what the deal is.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm almost to the point of calling my father and asking him to fly down and help me


    and remind me how much of a failure I am
    While my problems pale in comparison to the point of being albino, I can relate to your guy's pain on the smallest of scales.

    I wouldn't have what anyone would consider a chronic illness, nor do I have any sort of extended hospital visits or long term treatment plans. More that my problem is orthopedic, in both my knees and my right shoulder.

    For relation, I've been aggressively stabbed before. You know, in the "I'm going to vigorously stick a knife in you in order to kill you" type of aggressively stabbed. This would be about a 9 on the normal person/medical understanding of the hospital pain scale. As such, from a comparison point of view, I constantly roll with a 3 or 4 on the pain scale in my joints. It feels like I have literal knives as ligaments for my kneecaps, if you need an image... and yeah, knowing what knives feel like inside the body, I'm not exaggerating.

    So, as such, I can imagine the pain that you guys are going through when you don't have meds, as I've probably flirted with it's cousin from time to time. I also know that there isn't any real response someone can give that will make it any better for more than an instant. But... sometimes, an instant is all you need.

    Fucking feel better.

    Can they do a knee replacement or anything?

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Question for the thread. I'm turning 30 in two years. How much is my premium going to go up? Should it even worry me at all? I have blue shield

    Do you have insurance through your employer or independently?

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    it boggles me that they charge you tens of thousands of dollars for something like basic medical care

  • Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    it boggles me that they charge you tens of thousands of dollars for something like basic medical care

    Me too, I am so glad I am in Canada and this 2 week hospital stay and surgery isn't going to cost me anything (although it will cost my insurance ~100 a day for my semiprivate room).

  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    it boggles me that they charge you tens of thousands of dollars for something like basic medical care

    yeah well we get to own all the guns we want, so

    newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm almost to the point of calling my father and asking him to fly down and help me


    and remind me how much of a failure I am
    While my problems pale in comparison to the point of being albino, I can relate to your guy's pain on the smallest of scales.

    I wouldn't have what anyone would consider a chronic illness, nor do I have any sort of extended hospital visits or long term treatment plans. More that my problem is orthopedic, in both my knees and my right shoulder.

    For relation, I've been aggressively stabbed before. You know, in the "I'm going to vigorously stick a knife in you in order to kill you" type of aggressively stabbed. This would be about a 9 on the normal person/medical understanding of the hospital pain scale. As such, from a comparison point of view, I constantly roll with a 3 or 4 on the pain scale in my joints. It feels like I have literal knives as ligaments for my kneecaps, if you need an image... and yeah, knowing what knives feel like inside the body, I'm not exaggerating.

    So, as such, I can imagine the pain that you guys are going through when you don't have meds, as I've probably flirted with it's cousin from time to time. I also know that there isn't any real response someone can give that will make it any better for more than an instant. But... sometimes, an instant is all you need.

    Fucking feel better.

    Can they do a knee replacement or anything?

    The problem with my knees is a "congenital malformity exacerbated by trauma, leading to the development of chronic Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, hypermobility, and structural damage to the skeletal system of the R/L legs." made worse by "hypermobility of the tarsal and metatarsal of the R/L foot."

    Which basically means, I got ran over by a car and hyperextended both of my knees. Come to find out the bottom of my femur is shaped wrong, so getting run over really fucked it up, leading to; scar tissue, stretched ligaments, bone spurs, and micro fractures that are caused by moving. This is all made worse by the fact that the arch of my foot is double jointed, so while I have great arches any time I put weight on them they aren't there and I'm basically flat footed.

    The only way they would be able to fix this is to amputate my legs above the knee, chop out the entirety of the knee's structure, make a replacement out of rattan-bone, and hope that my body; A) doesn't reject it, and B) my calves and feet don't die in the process of removal. In 20 years this might actually be an option, as they could flash clone a replacement instead of filling me full of wicker... but right now I'm pretty much fucked.

    "Never Hit"
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    it boggles me that they charge you tens of thousands of dollars for something like basic medical care

    while not having nhs is super shitty

    dan and munkus require something more than basic medical care

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    easysig2.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    god damn obamacare

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    Yeah. Yeah.

    Yeah.

    Whoop, back at Mayo for me. And next month I get to move out of my apartment since I haven't found a job and can't afford my apartment and my insurance! Whoop whoop.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    Christ on a bike.

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    Christ on a bike.

    Yeah, this is one of my great fears.

    I mean, at this point it looks like my long term plan may involve moving to America, so I'd better be able to get a job with damn good health insurance.

    Otherwise I will be.

    Fucked.

  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    Christ on a bike.

    Yeah, this is one of my great fears.

    I mean, at this point it looks like my long term plan may involve moving to America, so I'd better be able to get a job with damn good health insurance.

    Otherwise I will be.

    Fucked.

    Why can't you get your... reasons to move to the UK? Then we can keep you going on the NHS.

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I'm paying around 1300 a month for treatment. Thats 10% of the cost. Insurance pays for the other 90%

    Christ on a bike.

    Yeah, this is one of my great fears.

    I mean, at this point it looks like my long term plan may involve moving to America, so I'd better be able to get a job with damn good health insurance.

    Otherwise I will be.

    Fucked.

    Why can't you get your... reasons to move to the UK? Then we can keep you going on the NHS.

    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    It's cool, backup plan is to win the Euromillions, pay off the mortgage and eliminate the job market concern by paying for everything from my vast winnings, then we could live wherever the fuck we wanted!

  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    It's cool, backup plan is to win the Euromillions, pay off the mortgage and eliminate the job market concern by paying for everything from my vast winnings, then we could live wherever the fuck we wanted!

    My fingers are crossed for you!

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    It's cool, backup plan is to win the Euromillions, pay off the mortgage and eliminate the job market concern by paying for everything from my vast winnings, then we could live wherever the fuck we wanted!

    My fingers are crossed for you!

    Do better than that, rig the results in my favour!

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    It's cool, backup plan is to win the Euromillions, pay off the mortgage and eliminate the job market concern by paying for everything from my vast winnings, then we could live wherever the fuck we wanted!

    My fingers are crossed for you!

    Do better than that, rig the results in my favour!

    Yes, curry favor with the flower girl. That'll get you places.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Reasons abound, actually, job markets, mortgages, etc.

    I mean, nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems more likely for things to work if I move there.

    Hmmmmm.

    I shan't hold you back, but I am concerned for your health!

    It's cool, backup plan is to win the Euromillions, pay off the mortgage and eliminate the job market concern by paying for everything from my vast winnings, then we could live wherever the fuck we wanted!

    My fingers are crossed for you!

    Do better than that, rig the results in my favour!

    Yes, curry favor with the flower girl. That'll get you places.

    Look, think this through.

    1: She works as a florist, floristry isn't even a real thing, flowers became extinct in 2006!

    2: She is small and unimposing.

    3: She is perceived by all as supremely innocent.

    Conclusion: She is very clearly a super-spy.

  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Are you suggesting that as a florist I don't have influence on the Euromillions outcome, Munkus?

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Conclusion: You have a tumor that makes you think flowers are extinct

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Look, think this through.

    1: She works as a florist, floristry isn't even a real thing, flowers became extinct in 2006!

    2: She is small and unimposing.

    3: She is perceived by all as supremely innocent.

    Conclusion: She is very clearly a super-spy.

    I could be really intimidating in person, you've not met me!

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Look, think this through.

    1: She works as a florist, floristry isn't even a real thing, flowers became extinct in 2006!

    2: She is small and unimposing.

    3: She is perceived by all as supremely innocent.

    Conclusion: She is very clearly a super-spy.

    I could be really intimidating in person, you've not met me!

    We've facebooked, that's as intimate as you can get. You are timid.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Look, think this through.

    1: She works as a florist, floristry isn't even a real thing, flowers became extinct in 2006!

    2: She is small and unimposing.

    3: She is perceived by all as supremely innocent.

    Conclusion: She is very clearly a super-spy.

    I could be really intimidating in person, you've not met me!

  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Hmph!

    I saw a trailer the other day for Titanic the other day Munkus and thought of you and the whole confusing bow thing.

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Hmph!

    I saw a trailer the other day for Titanic the other day Munkus and thought of you and the whole confusing bow thing.

    Oh God.

    Oh God.

    I can only imagine what carnal imagery you would have conjured if I had suggested anything Titantic.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Ahaha, yeah probably best you didn't!

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The one thing I don't get about you brits is your insistence to call cookies "biscuits"

    A biscuit is not a cookie it is a completely separate food type

    @stale
    @stale
    @stale

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    But we don't! These days you can see products marked "cookies" all over the place

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
Sign In or Register to comment.