As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What the fuck, Boston?

124»

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe they just like blowing things up?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    GSM wrote: »
    Framed pictures of politicians?
    Flags?

Not funny enough.

A stuffed animal?
    A banana?
    A fruit salad?
    A decorative bouquet?

The Muffin Man on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Flags?

Not funny enough.

A stuffed animal?
    A banana?
    A fruit salad?
    A decorative bouquet?

A statue of the virgin mary?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Flags?

Not funny enough.

A stuffed animal?
    A banana?
    A fruit salad?
    A decorative bouquet?

A statue of the virgin mary?

A statue of Jesus that says "This IS a bomb".

Sure to piss SOMEONE off.

The Muffin Man on
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Bomb squads detonate explosive devices with small charges (relativly) as a means of "dismantling" the bomb. The concept is that most explosive compounds are not reactive to shock, such as dropping them. the idea is if that you blow up a large bomb, with a smaller controled one, you remove triggering devices; and serperate the bomb into smaller components that alone will not function. Thus not triggering the larger more destructive bomb.

Speaking as a man who works with high explosives for a living... that is the most retarded shit I have ever heard.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Being in the bomb squad in boston must be a great gig

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    TFS pointed this out

picture1ks3.png
    ahahahaha

Aneurhythmia on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Xyth wrote: »
    A box full of kittens?

with a ticking clock at the bottom of the box

boy will their faces be red and covered in tiny entrails

fucking LOL

Ledneh on
  • matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is there a day that goes by where I do not lose respect for Boston?

matthias00 on
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If someone is going to plant a bomb I always assumed they'd be smart enough to place it somewhere people WOULDN'T notice it. Not you know flashing lite brite leds or a box strapped to a street sign.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    6a00cd96fa8c7d4cd500cdf7f2fcf7094f-pi

Geebs61 on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    boston.jpg

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    MisunderstandingPoster.jpg

Pkmoutl on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TDL wrote: »
    Bomb squads detonate explosive devices with small charges (relativly) as a means of "dismantling" the bomb. The concept is that most explosive compounds are not reactive to shock, such as dropping them. the idea is if that you blow up a large bomb, with a smaller controled one, you remove triggering devices; and serperate the bomb into smaller components that alone will not function. Thus not triggering the larger more destructive bomb.

Speaking as a man who works with high explosives for a living... that is the most retarded shit I have ever heard.

I watched an episode of McGyver once where he set off C4 with a camera.

Hunter on
  • misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, Boston is pretty dumb. I hate that city.

I love the Sox, though.

misbehavin on
  • misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

misbehavin on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Clearly bomb squads have no idea how to deal with explosives. I mean, this technique clearly hasn't been working for decades now.

TankHammer on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    rockmonkey wrote: »
    If someone is going to plant a bomb I always assumed they'd be smart enough to place it somewhere people WOULDN'T notice it. Not you know flashing lite brite leds or a box strapped to a street sign.

You're thinking.

Boston does not think.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I was just thinking that as stupid as shit can get in Seattle (like the ongoing debate over what to do with the viaduct), at least we don't blow shit up just because it can't be immediately identified.

Then I realized this could actually be pretty beneficial, maybe the EMP would finally get blown up.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    I was just thinking that as stupid as shit can get in Seattle (like the ongoing debate over what to do with the viaduct), at least we don't blow shit up just because it can't be immediately identified.

Then I realized this could actually be pretty beneficial, maybe the EMP would finally get blown up.

Not before I get to see it. After that go to it and welcome. Frank Gehry needs to have his license revoked.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Most of the people involved with the ATHF debacle on Cartoon Network's side already resigned. Too bad, otherwise they might not have looked so dumb anymore.

What

are you saying the people who put the mooninites up are dumb? I'm pretty sure that's what you're saying.

That sucks if they lost their jobs over Boston being full of idiots.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

edited March 2007
    I can't believe you guys are so anti-blowingshitupfornogoodreason. Bomb squads have to earn a living too and blowing random items up is awesome and a great way to promote a movie.
    Without the great Mooninite invasion I would never have decided to see that movie, I was just going to wait for it to come out on DVD. Now I'm totally going opening night.

I don't know how the traffic-counter industry is going to benefit, but at the very least they'll have more orders to replaced the ones that get blow'd up.

Boston is doing nothing but positive things for the economy.

TankHammer on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

and stupid hippies.

Blow up those god damned patchulie fags.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ledneh wrote: »
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Xyth wrote: »
    A box full of kittens?

with a ticking clock at the bottom of the box

boy will their faces be red and covered in tiny entrails

fucking LOL

1166157250950kw2.jpg

Bunta on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I really, really hope that the retards in charge of that stupid city know how much of a laughingstock they are.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited March 2007
    I think we should just nuke Boston from orbit in case the Al Keyeduz hid some bombs around town.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    Hunter, if you had your choice between a Katyusha rocket launcher or a mortar, which would you choose?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited March 2007
    I always liked rockets.

In all honesty, I hope the Navy gets that super rail gun working. Sending multiple ton metal slugs at things at those kind of speeds is just so kickass, it makes me want to buy guns and beat up liberal kids at the local coffee shop.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    I always liked rockets.

In all honesty, I hope the Navy gets that super rail gun working. Sending multiple ton metal slugs at things at those kind of speeds is just so kickass, it makes me want to buy guns and beat up liberal kids at the local coffee shop.
    Oh god, you're making me so hot.

Talk about your WoW character
    cause I'm just about to bust a nut into some cosmoline.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited March 2007
    Callius wrote: »

and stupid hippies.

That's a waste of explosives. It's more fun to shoot them in the knees and listen to them beg for mercy.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007

and stupid hippies.

That's a waste of explosives. It's more fun to shoot them in the knees and listen to them beg for mercy.

It's more poetic to feed them to a bear... well let the bear rape them first obviously.

TankHammer on
    edited March 2007
    I always liked rockets.

I rolled a Draenei space demon hunter for something different while they're working out balance issues and the new content. Now my hunter is 68 because it's fucking easy mode for quests.

Hunter on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I always liked rockets.

I rolled a Draenei space demon hunter for something different while they're working out balance issues and the new content. Now my hunter is 68 because it's fucking easy mode for quests.

Also for PvP.

Seg on
  • GraydeathGraydeath Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »

Not before I get to see it. After that go to it and welcome. Frank Gehry needs to have his license revoked.

I must have missed this one. What did Frank Gehry do wrong?

Graydeath on
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    Graydeath wrote: »

I work as an architectural technologist. I do the actual construction details from my boss's wild imaginings. Every time I see a Gehry building I shudder.

Also most of them are really ugly.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
    edited March 2007
    Graydeath wrote: »

Exhibit A:

040229%20Seattle%20072.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • GraydeathGraydeath Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm okay that one is pretty ugly. Most of his buildings I have seen in my architecture classes I have liked to some degree though. One in particular although I don't remember which. I may have to GIS to find out.

Graydeath on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can see that thing from my office.

Weaver on
    edited March 2007
    Weaver wrote: »
    I can see that thing from my office.

You have our sympathies.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I work for two architects. They fight like a married couple.
    I color in their plans and am making a book for them.
    I don't like it, but I like the money. They're cool dudes when they're not nit-picking the shit out of everything.

TankHammer on