As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D-D-D, Defense! (Student Sections)

SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Well our teams are heading to Area tomorrow and I'm the unofficial leader of the student section. Small town so its about all there is to do on a game night, and I've gotten plenty of compliments how the student spirit is kickass this year (as opposed to none years before.) Anyhow, our administration is pretty strict. I was reprimanded this year for booing the refs, jumping up and down when we were about to hit 100 points against our big rival, and also had something I said taken out of context severely to the point it wasn't what I said. The former two things I think are staples to any basketball game with good fans.

Anyway what I'm asking for help with is chants, rituals, or anything else awesome to show off school spirit. Of course we do defense, let's go (team name), and all of the obvious ones. We sing the fight song win or lose at the one minute mark left in the game.

This is high school still, so no "BULL-SHIT" at bad calls. (Somehow we got away with "Push-it," which sounds like bullshit if you don't know what they're saying.) I don't like to demean the opponent's team members because last time we did that we got our asses kicked in the state tournament.

Thanks for whatever help I can get.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
SoonerMan on

• bodiemabodiema Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Some things I've witnessed at my school's games--

-Shout "boing" each time the opposing team dripples, "whoooo!" each time they pass, and "shot" each time, they um, well, shoot.

-Hold your arms out when your team shoots free throws. For made free throws, throw down the arms and shout "Uh, Let it rain" (or something to that effect)

-As the opposing team shoots free throws, hold your index finger to your lips and shhhhh the gym, then screaming the moment before they shoot.

-On turnovers, hold one arm out directly in front of you with the elbow at 90 degrees, hand facing up. Pump the arm down a bit three times, then make the sign for a first down in football. For each pump, shout "Ba" then boom for the last one. ("Ba-ba-ba-boom")

-Shout "S-W-A-T-Swat-Swat" over and over for blocked shots.

Perhaps some of these have to be seen in action to be fully understood. Anyway, good luck.

bodiema on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Buy a few copies of the local newspaper before the game and give a page to every person in the student section. When they introduce the other team have everyone sit down and pretend to be reading the paper and completely ignore them.

Marathon on
  • Chief1138Chief1138 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Something we do at UT is, whenever an opposing player shoots an airball, chant "AAIIIIRRRR BALL!" every time the player gets the ball, for the rest of the game. It's pretty funny

Chief1138 on
  • SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Chief1138 wrote: »
    Something we do at UT is, whenever an opposing player shoots an airball, chant "AAIIIIRRRR BALL!" every time the player gets the ball, for the rest of the game. It's pretty funny

Can't say I agree with your choice of college (Boomer Sooner, baby!) but ya we do that, too. We have something for free throws, we do spirit fingers for them doing free throws, too.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
  • Chief1138Chief1138 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SoonerMan wrote: »
    Chief1138 wrote: »

Can't say I agree with your choice of college (Boomer Sooner, baby!) but ya we do that, too. We have something for free throws, we do spirit fingers for them doing free throws, too.

Jealous, I see :P

Chief1138 on
  • StonecutterStonecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad call:

NUTS AND BOLTS, NUTS AND BOLTS
    WE!
    GOT!
    SCREWED!

the WE ARE *clap clap* TEAM NAME *clap clap* WE ARE *clap clap* TEAM NAME always gets people going during a lul.

Minny The Moocher during timeouts (Watch blues brothers if you don't know what that is)

During the other team's free throws:

DRIBBLE!..........DRIBBLE!.......DRIBBLE..............SPIN.........CLUTCH...........SHOOT!

as needed as they go through their pre shot routine.

Stonecutter on