As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Tower of Totoro

risky_narcolepsyrisky_narcolepsy Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
My friend and I are fans of the art on this forum... but the biting criticism has him reluctant to post his fledgling art here. So, I am doing it for him, because I don't think it is "shit" as he so loving calls it.

http://photos-703.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v66/35/47/23922233/n23922233_32600703_9320.jpg

risky_narcolepsy on

• jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would recommend telling him to post his own art, he isn't bad.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • FibretipFibretip Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    it's against the rules to post other peoples art. (even if they say it's okay.... it says so in the rules)

in other news... it's alright. the totoro is pretty crappy (too thin, tall, wobbly), the catbus is pretty ropey too... feels like they were just rushed in as an afterthought... rather than a planned piece. If they were in the same relaxed subtle style as the rest of the piece, it would seem kinda clever and cool that they blend in and you might even miss one until your second glance... but with those hard outlines, it looks like someone took a textbook picture and doodled on it.

Fibretip on
    I believe in angels, not the kind with wings, no...not the kind with halos, the kind who bring you home
  • risky_narcolepsyrisky_narcolepsy Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I thought the nekobus looked alright.. I think he was going for a strong difference between the scenery (which I thought to be damned impressive) and the ghibli characters. In fact, I tried talking him into redoing it with more characters... like porco rosso and Howl's castle in the background.

I can see what you mean with totoro though. While I don't think he is too skinny, I do think he looks kind of glued on. Its funny thought, seeing them both near a campus landmark.

risky_narcolepsy on
This discussion has been closed.