As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    LavokLavok Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Lavok wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who thought Twilight and Rainbow Dash could totally have taken those teen dragons. I suppose solving problems with violence would be counter to the aims of the show, but c'mon.
    Yeah, I wasn't buying that either, they totally could've taken those dragons on. Hell, even Rarity kicked a manticore in the face in the first season premiere
    Eh, there's a big difference between having 6 ponies against 1 manticore and 3 ponies and a baby dragon against 3 teenaged dragons. One: the numbers are no longer in their favor, two: Rarity didn't beat the manticore , she just pissed it off more, three: the dragons are being explicitly malicious rather than just lashing out due to pain, and four: their overall intelligence means they're a much more dangerous foe tactics-wise than what amounts to a dumb beast. All that together means they're in a far more dangerous situation.
    This is true, it's been a while since I've seen that episode. With that said, I still think they could've taken them on. Twilight in particular has become more and more OP as the series has progressed. Make no mistake, it's no deal breaker for me by any stretch, I still liked this episode overall

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    This is just kinda sad.

iPszRoFjNJPi0.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I know, how does he not know how to use PS?

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Watching that episode again, it's implied that dragons slowly becoming greedy over time. Spike got a bunch of crap at once and jump-started his growth, I guess?

I guess this is overthinking the show, but there's still something that bugs me about a "naturally evil" race.

It bugs me that so far the dragons we've seen, aside from Spike, have not only been all evil (or at least insensitive jerks), but all male. Obviously it's a show for girls, and I assume that there has to be some female dragons around to lay eggs, but it seems like we're to believe that all non-pony males are evil, or monsters in the case of the Ursa Minor and the Hydra. Granted, I'm definitely way over thinking it.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    This is just kinda sad.

iPszRoFjNJPi0.png

When was that picture taken? I can only guess it was during Twilight's Birthday.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    Spike is probably the one taking the picture.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    but it seems like we're to believe that all non-pony males are evil, or monsters in the case of the Ursa Minor and the Hydra. Granted, I'm definitely way over thinking it.

The buffalo chief wasn't evil. Nor was Iron Will.

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    does anyone have a screencap of the butterfly migration?

Spoilered for massive.
    4pJ5Q.jpg

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just got back from Day 2 of MomoCon in Atlanta. Out of the 10,000 people there I'd say 300 were wearing MLP outfits or accessories. And any dealer who was selling MLP stuff sold it out by the end of the day.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »
    but it seems like we're to believe that all non-pony males are evil, or monsters in the case of the Ursa Minor and the Hydra. Granted, I'm definitely way over thinking it.

The Buffalo Chief was good in the end, yeah, Iron Will is debatable. He certainly isn't evil, but I wouldn't count him as a role model either. He picks Fluttershy for the seminar because he thinks she's most likely to gain anything from his methods, even just a little bit, ensuring him payment. Plus his methods basically amounted to "be disrespectful if other ponies are to you".

Edit - Actually, even the Buffalo Chief isn't ideal in the beginning. Rather than sit down to work things out with the ponies, he's prepared to go to war, and even goes through with it until he miraculously discovers the wonders of apple pie.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    Spike is probably the one taking the picture.

Spike wasn't at Twilight's birthday, it was In Canterlot because that's where Rarity was in Sweet and Elite. Spike wasn't shown.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    I just did something cool with ponies again. You guys will have to wait for Monday.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    This is just kinda sad.

15121820-20meta.jpg

15108120-20artist_karzahnii20celestia20luna20Philomena.jpg
    15117820-20artist_huussii20celestia20humanized.jpg

15123220-20Alicorn20armor20artist_ponykillerx20awesome.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

Cranky Doodle, too.

• Options
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    you know

I hope that wasn't the kind of confetti that is made from foil

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Is this the first time that they've overlaid the credits with a "Next week, on My Little Pony" teaser?

Extended version in commercial form:

Man. I hope this turns out to be cool episode. Hoping for the equivalent of Fluttershy's version of Sonic Rainboom.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    11e69f07c8c9c262a9cee1a7f9c61d95_display.jpgafb2da59770095642aaf60293ab6de53_display.jpg

Man all these K-on ponies are amazing!

halkun on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    In that next episode trailer...
    In the scene where Fluttershy is doing push-ups, all the animals watching her are wearing pony masks. What?

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Man, I'm looking at NicoNico and it appears that my article has caused an influx of Bronies to post English comments. I hope I didn't screw up a balance somewhere. :/

• Options
    The WorseThe Worse Registered User regular
    In that next episode trailer...
    In the scene where Fluttershy is doing push-ups, all the animals watching her are wearing pony masks. What?
    She got social anxiety type issues. She is practicing doing Things she might fail at in front of a crowd of ponies.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see all phoenixes are as hard to deal with as Philomena. Also kind of badass.
    Crackle is indeed the best dragon.
    And Spike's tramp beard was great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bonus : Lauren is drawing ponies at Wondercon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wseVxRdDAlk

• Options
    iboMXqxrzsznjH.png

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    For some reason I mentally added GIR to that image.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Oh man, Ask Jappleack isn't appropriate for this thread but where it's going is super crazy and somewhat emotional.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

Cranky Doodle, too.

And Steven Magnet, let's not forget.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    ahahaa, that's perfect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Drove through McD's today. Folks giving me a lift back after hanging out with them for the day.

Was tempted to buy Ponies. Couldn't justify being a grown man in the back of a car with his 60+ yr old folks and asking to buy happy meal toys.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    u63ru63r Jon "Bad Wasabi" Wood Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    Great episode, although it seemed to morph from "it's okay to break traditional gender roles" to "it's okay to be adopted" halfway through.

Crackle is clearly the best dragon, after Spike.

Oh yay, they're replaying the Iron Will episode! "Don't be shy, look 'em in the eye!"

It's okay to be adopted, to be mixed race, to be an immigrant, heredity is not identity, where you come from is not who you are--really, this one works on about five million levels.

• Options
    Oh man, Ask Jappleack isn't appropriate for this thread but where it's going is super crazy and somewhat emotional.

I'm curious to see where the author is going with it.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hope the next .mov is deadly serious.
    Of course it would then end with the worlds biggest fart joke.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Anyone else got that iTunes season pass? When new downloads show up HD only shows up as the download. Anyone know how to fix this?

That Jappleack tumblr is crazy, once used for laughs, now touches the inner depths of our hearts.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Anyone else got that iTunes season pass? When new downloads show up HD only shows up as the download. Anyone know how to fix this?

That Jappleack tumblr is crazy, once used for laughs, now touches the inner depths of our hearts.

You can change your preferences to download in SD in iTunes.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Riokenn wrote: »

Generally what I do is download the HD first, then go back into the Purchases area in the Store and re-download the SD version for my iPod.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Still prefer the Flim Flam version, but still good none the less.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    Man, I'm looking at NicoNico and it appears that my article has caused an influx of Bronies to post English comments. I hope I didn't screw up a balance somewhere. :/

Geez, and after you told them specifically in your article to NOT do that :/ .

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.