As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] No one is as good as they think they are (except me)

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Nabob wrote:
    I just bought noc to use as my new jungler since lee and skarner get banned a lot... I was thinking of building him like lee, wriggles > atmogs. Is that a good build for noc?

Personally, I hate that build. If you build warmogs right off you have NO damage. Maybe giants>atmas>complete warmogs works, but still...

It's more fun to build him 2xpd, IE, 3xBT. And way harder. Might be why I don't play him much anymore.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    archangels is kind of shitty because you only need so much mana and a tear takes a long time to charge for most people and is the worst early game item compared to dorans/revolver/catalyst.

so while it may give a lot of ap what it takes to get that ap is almost never worth the trade off of simply getting an roa and killing the person who went tear instead a bunch.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote:
    Nabob wrote:
    I just bought noc to use as my new jungler since lee and skarner get banned a lot... I was thinking of building him like lee, wriggles > atmogs. Is that a good build for noc?

Personally, I hate that build. If you build warmogs right off you have NO damage. Maybe giants>atmas>complete warmogs works, but still...

It's more fun to build him 2xpd, IE, 3xBT. And way harder. Might be why I don't play him much anymore.

not true, nocturne can cheese an atmog's because he has so many built in steroids that his damage is still high early on

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    That video sounds like Jason Segal narrating a game of lol.

league of legends as narrated by dr. steve brule

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    This wrote:
    That Teemo "guide" video is great. I watched the other ones and they're alright but not as funny.

The best guide video is the anivia "guide"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

452773-1.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Does anyone here with a lot of Shyvana games played know how you trigger the knockback on her ult? Sometimes I brush past people, sometimes I hit em. does it knock them back or just up?

Earlier I was ganking cass and she flashed, so I flashed infront of her and ulted backwards. I flew over her and nothing happened and she got away. Shyvana is pretty amazing though. It's weird that someone should be faster than Udyr with similar aoe damage, but with no mana costs.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote:
    So if you're going pure "OMG BURST" you want deathcap/Void Staff/AA/AA/AA/Boots
    Get a DFG in there.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Cutfang wrote:
    Does anyone here with a lot of Shyvana games played know how you trigger the knockback on her ult? Sometimes I brush past people, sometimes I hit em. does it knock them back or just up?

Earlier I was ganking cass and she flashed, so I flashed infront of her and ulted backwards. I flew over her and nothing happened and she got away. Shyvana is pretty amazing though. It's weird that someone should be faster than Udyr with similar aoe damage, but with no mana costs.

it's kinda finicky - you basically have to fly DIRECTLY into someone to hit them with the knockback, the area of push back isn't as big as it looks

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Was in character selection...wondering who to play as. Clicked on TF... saw we had like 30 seconds left. Was picking out a rune page... wait, we're loading? Fuuu...

Heal/Teleport with support runes/masteries on TF
    Luckily it's a bot game

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Two ranked games in a row being hard carried by myself and softmoney on bot lane. We absolutely destroyed Sivir/Soraka.
    GravesRanked.png

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i am puking my eyes out at that riven build

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    his summoners are manly enough

but bruiser riven makes me wanna kill myself

• Options

Rofl, welcome to 1100 elo. I hope I'm not here much longer.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote:

good luck dude

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    He might have built that because the team has only one melee (riven) and he has to not immediately die to Olaf, Shyvana, Cass, and Sivir.

Looks like the game plan was to fat around hopping and being annoying as Riven, dealing no damage in the process while Graves, Twitch and Vlad kill everything.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I need a new jungler and I don't know whoooooooo

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sampsen wrote:

good luck dude

Thanks! I hovered around 1100 near Christmas and then kinda stopped playing ranked. I discovered just how much I enjoy AD carry with a good support and now I'm pretty sure soft and I are much better than 1100 elo. Just have to prove it now.

Talith wrote:
    He might have built that because the team has only one melee (riven) and he has to not immediately die to Olaf, Shyvana, Cass, and Sivir.

Looks like the game plan was to fat around hopping and being annoying as Riven, dealing no damage in the process while Graves, Twitch and Vlad kill everything.

That's how she was most of mid game, then all of a sudden she got like 4 of our last 6 kills.

Sampsen on
  • Options
    the obvious answer is trundle

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    thing is

is Trundle is my only jungler

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    ABT (always be trollin')

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    then why do you need a new jungle

• Options
    just in case I can't pick him

also I haven't done so well with him lately

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, what are the chances of Zig nerfs? It's hardly worth my time to use what IP I have left on him just to have him be beat to death by Nerf Master Suck Town.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Jungle kayle

so good

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Amumu, Mundo, Fiddles, Kayle, Yi, Nasus, Malph, Poppy, and Warwick are all good, cheap, junglers.

• Options
    I think cho'gath is the best good:cheapness ratio jungler

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So, how would I jungle kayle? Attackspeed quints/red, armor yellows, whatever blue, eqewer with boots and pots or clothpots start?

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So much for getting out of the 1000s. Instalock GP top feeds Nidalee 10+ kills. Derp.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i suddenly feel much better about being 1370

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    aw crap

can magic pen WW still jungle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote:
    So, how would I jungle kayle? Attackspeed quints/red, armor yellows, whatever blue, eqewer with boots and pots or clothpots start?

Runes aren't too important tbh, I run AD reds/quints, armor yellows, cdr blues. eweqer, use your heal every time its off cooldown when you have blue. Cloth 5. Wraiths, blue, wolves, golems, red, gank.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote:

Yes, and you want cloth/pots. You might be able to get away with a vamp scepter, try it in a custom.

aw crap

Yes, but make sure you get W level one and use it on every camp. With a solid leash, you should have a 4min~ jungle to level 4.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    aw crap

WW is probably the one jungler where it really doesn't matter WHAT runes or masteries you have. He'll still be able to jungle. It just may slow him down.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    Woot. 2100 now.

MTjT3qTmWJKbTJVsORcc.jpg

I'm turning Dominion pro.

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Amumu, Mundo, Fiddles, Kayle, Yi, Nasus, Malph, Poppy, and Warwick are all good, cheap, junglers.

how well does jungle Nasus and Poppy work

because I want them to work really bad, but I've never seen them, and I figure Nasus Q wouldn't be very strong

I do have Kayle though since she was given away, might have to try that out

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I tried jungle nasus when he got buffed a while back

so didn't work out for me(in a custom and all, but still)

• Options
    Well I just did a quick custom with Nasus and was level 4 by like 4:15 with almost full health

so I guess that's not bad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    is two deathcaps even a good idea? the passive only applies once right?

hah, good thing I didn't try that. Didn't notice the unique part.

• Options
    If deathcap wasn't unique, six hats every game.

Also, I miss the old 155ap deathcap

• Options
    For jungling Nasus, would you want to level Spirit Fire to clear camps faster? Or still Syphon Strike to build the damage?

And should you try to wait on your Q to kill each monster, or immediately use it when it's up to clear faster at the cost of more damage?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.