Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

iPhone notification when I get email from a specific address?

DelzhandDelzhand motivatedbattle programmerRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a 3GS, with iOS5. Is it possible to get a notification when I get an email from a certain person? I'm logged into gmail on my phone, but I'm not using the stock mail app.

jk0Btsj.png

• FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Nope. You might be able to if you jailbreak.

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    I don't know anything about iPhones, but could you set a filter within gmail to forward any emails from that specific address to a secondary email account, and then set your iPhone to give you a notification whenever you get any emails on that secondary account?

SUP ISORN
    STEAM ME, BABY / PSN: ghjfghdfgcvb
    I don't know anything about iPhones, but could you set a filter within gmail to forward any emails from that specific address to a secondary email account, and then set your iPhone to give you a notification whenever you get any emails on that secondary account?

One would think, except you can't have the iPhone only notify when certain accounts get an email, unless that's the only email. The iPhone's primary marketing strategy is its simplicity, and unfortunately that means far less customizability/functionality for little things like this.

daniant wrote:
  • naporeonnaporeon Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote:

One would think, except you can't have the iPhone only notify when certain accounts get an email, unless that's the only email. The iPhone's primary marketing strategy is its simplicity, and unfortunately that means far less customizability/functionality for little things like this.

Actually, what SmokeStacks suggests is perfectly possible. Simply use an app like Boxcar.

naporeon wrote:
    Figgy wrote:

Actually, what SmokeStacks suggests is perfectly possible. Simply use an app like Boxcar.

That would do what he wants perfectly. I was thinking using the iPhone's built-in software. Which won't.

Good call.

daniant wrote: