As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stolen bicycle

minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
My bike got stolen tonight. It was chained to a bike holder but disappeared anyway.
I don't have a serial number, but I know the brand/model and it has a sticker on it. It's also a very old bike that hasn't been manufactured for quite a while (it's about 12 years old). Should I bother making a police report or should I just shop for another bike?
I live in NYC by the way, I'm sure this complicates things a whole bunch in terms of the chances of it being found.

minirhyder on

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't bother. When police find caches of stolen bikes, the seriL number is what you're going to need to retrieve yours.

I've had my bike stolen before too (couple years ago, locked to a rack). It sucks.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Still do the police report, since it will help them spot trends or whatever, but don't expect much to come of it.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    What kind of lock/chain did you have? Not that it will help you get your bike back, but we may be able to help you prevent your next bike from getting stolen.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast