Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What music do you like that I might like I would like to listen to it

• DarmakDarmak If someone is reading this... I must have failed.Registered User regular
    What is liquid drum and bass? I can't listen to it at the moment because the computer I'm on at work doesn't have speakers.

rscYqAS.png
    ·
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Liquid drum and bass has uses more ambient sounds to create a more relaxed, smooth, chill-out kind of vibe to the music. You get lighter, smoother beats and fast beat transition in multiple layers that kind of blend together to form an overall sound. I'd say that it takes a lot of influence from euphoric trance, to be honest, with the harmonic melodies and so on.

Basically, it's soft, ambient drum and bass. I really like it because, like I said, it's more trance-y and I love trance music!

Solar on
    ·
    edited February 2012
    To contrast, this is not liquid drum and bass, this is regular drum and bass. The beats are harder and more defined, and it's less harmonic and ambient.

Solar on
    ·
    edited February 2012
    One thing to remember though is that it's a variation within a genre. So it's not like the difference is really that big, though it is there.

Not that anyone should really be bothered unless they particularly want to. And if someone ever says "I think you'll find that is liquid DnB, not DnB" then you have my permission to smack them.

Solar on
    ·
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    ·
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Page 1 of my top artists on Last.fm (note that I didn't scrobble between like, 2008 and 2011, and I also rarely plug my iPod into my computer so it doesn't scrobble those)

kLRi5.png

im gay

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Amazon Wishlist | Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
    ·
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    From 2001 through now I really have no idea. I can look at the stack of Cd's I have and try to figure it out

But I had a question
    Since my freind and I have been digging in the dump bins for interesting music we found in the early era of Cd's they would not have the B side
    Is there a way if we got the record or cassette to turn it into a mp3?

A.jpg
    ·
  • dwareydwarey Registered User regular
    Going through my 10 most played songs on Itunes...

Number 10...

Number 3...

and the most-played song on my Itunes...

·
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    I've been listening to this a lot lately

Steam | Bukkit Fishing Plugin | 3DS: 2406-5131-9006
    ·
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:

ISIS fucking rules.

I love Neurosis as much as the next guy, but I still preferred Isis when they were metal.

1LRdqui.png
    ·

1LRdqui.png
    ·
    More stuff I listened to a lot a decade ago.

1LRdqui.png
    ·

1LRdqui.png
    ·

1LRdqui.png
    ·

1LRdqui.png
    ·
  • ThePrimmThePrimm Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    just saw these guys live and they killed it. possible nsfw

ThePrimm on
    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Page 1 of my top artists on Last.fm (note that I didn't scrobble between like, 2008 and 2011, and I also rarely plug my iPod into my computer so it doesn't scrobble those)

kLRi5.png

im gay

yeah well check out this white boy

lastfmplays.png

it's me, I'm the white boy

·
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    I seem to be turning into a old man. All I ever seem to listen to these days is Classic FM...

What happened to all the metal - I should get back into that. I wonder if there is anything good.

twispandcatsbysigsmall.jpg
    ·
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote:
    I seem to be turning into a old man. All I ever seem to listen to these days is Classic FM...

What happened to all the metal - I should get back into that. I wonder if there is anything good.

And much more

A.jpg
    ·
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    so you guys know how I'm in a ska band?

well, we're opening for Afroman on march 2nd, but that's old news. now, we also have shows lined up with the Ataris and Larry and His Flask. :D

www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    ASG sound alright. A bit more like a rocky Isis.

Red Fang are more rock than anything. Old school.

I'm talking metal. METAL.

twispandcatsbysigsmall.jpg
    ·
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

kLRi5.png

im gay

lastfmplays.png

Super white

but I like most of those acts

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Amazon Wishlist | Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
    ·
  • HullisHullis POSE FOR THE FANS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHRegistered User regular

O8IlXnA.png
    ·
    This is great

·
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That is pretty good.

·
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    do you all listen to nujabes yet or what

·
  • DarmakDarmak If someone is reading this... I must have failed.Registered User regular

No, that's too laid back for me. I like some Black Sun Empire though:

rscYqAS.png
    ·
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

kLRi5.png

im gay

lastfmplays.png

Super white

I'll play this game

kFUiV.png

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    ·
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Garden-Variety Oblivious Getting Out Now While We CanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012

i owned this dude in tinychat the other night. he's just whatever

or rather he WAS just whatever. now he's a bone bag

Clint Eastwood on
    lauoemQ.jpg
    ·
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.Registered User regular
    so you guys know how I'm in a ska band?

well, we're opening for Afroman on march 2nd, but that's old news. now, we also have shows lined up with the Ataris and Larry and His Flask. :D

I saw Larry and his Flask open for Streetlight a while back, they were definitely the best of the opening acts.

Hey @Swill where you at? It's because of you that I know about Black Tambourine and I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this kickstarter.

·
    My wife bought Manson tickets last night so I guess I'm going to a concert in a couple of months! It's been a couple of years at least since my last concert (Otep) so I'm kind of excited, even if Manson's new album turns out to not be very good.

rscYqAS.png
    ·
  • weather man bobweather man bob Registered User
    edited February 2012

This is a new band that came out a few months back.

weather man bob on
    RS_1608-1.jpg
    ·
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

kLRi5.png

im gay

lastfmplays.png

Super white

I'll play this game

kFUiV.png

yea i'll go along with this

10dxi8k.png

·
    haha woah i didn't realize childish was dominating my plays so heavily, damn

·

·
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN thank you, buggy! thank you! rockville, mdRegistered User regular

when i found out he'd died i was so disappointed

i'd been enjoying his stuff since i watched samurai champloo and heard his work on the soundtrack and i was really looking forward to seeing how he was going to develop in the future

2u8QU4d.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    ·
    Yeah it massively sucks that Nujabes died beyond, you know, someone's life ending

·
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase It's all in the game though, right?Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I will play this game as well...the Backstreet Boys is because of my wife.

topbands.jpg

·
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

kLRi5.png

im gay

Your #1 is blink and I can't argue with that.

I'd link mine but I haven't scrobbled anything in ages, for one, and for another it's all ska bands and shitty pop-punk acts and who wants to see that

4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
    ·
    yeah but what about dave matthews

·
This discussion has been closed.