As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    So Dungeon Defenders is the amazon weekly, daily, w/e for 2.99 and activates on steam.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Maybe they're uploading our classy Mudcrab to be the new theme for Steam.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SkutSkut wrote:
    So Dungeon Defenders is the amazon weekly, daily, w/e for 2.99 and activates on steam.

And Amazon/Valve are conspiring to make sure you can't activate the product. ;)

I'm putting my money on an SCP crashing the servers. (Sorry, I went there.)

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Alright everyone. Let's not get crazy with this "outside" talk.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Ou-outside?? But theres people out there D:

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    It's cold outside but there's no Steam inside, I'm scared.

• Options
    StuntspikeStuntspike Don Juan De La Nooch In the midstRegistered User regular
    Thanks for being the only place i could confirm the steam outage.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    You know what else is outside?
    scary-angry-bear-1024x819.jpg

Fuck that.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Stuntspike wrote:
    Thanks for being the only place i could confirm the steam outage.

Oh great, I came here just to ask this, hahahaha.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whew, I'm not alone!

... I went to launch Arkham City and got a message about not being able to sync to the cloud save. I thought the game was GFWL? Ah well.. I am really, REALLY afraid of losing my progress (esp. after the 9 hour marathon I did last night), so I think I can wait. A little.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    that bear was so mad he chipped a tooth bitching about steam being offline...

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  • Options
    Don't forget crabs. That aren't dapper.

sig.gif

• Options
    Guess I have to go downstairs and dust of my PS3 :(

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Fallout: NV coupon works for the newly added ultimate collection? Also having only played about an hour for Fallout 3 on my PS3, should I get this/ get them both?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Don't forget crabs. That aren't dapper.

Feral Mud Crabs?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29145185&postcount=384

Saw the same message the last time they were hacked. If that shit happened again I think I'm done with Steam. MasterCard literally just sent me a new debit card because everything was compromised the last time Steam got assfucked.

• Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    I'm going to be so lonely without the Steam chat.

• Options
    Triple B wrote:

Saw the same message the last time they were hacked. If that shit happened again I think I'm done with Steam. MasterCard literally just sent me a new debit card because everything was compromised the last time Steam got assfucked.

DO NOT WANT! Seriously wouldn't you think there are better targets for this shit if that is even the case. Maybe they just had a fire in one of the server rooms, or Moonbase Alpha has run a muck all over the office.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote:

Happened so soon after Gabe's recent message, can't be a coincidence can it?

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    I don't think it's time for mass hysteria yet, but as someone on the Steam forums pointed out: it's clear that these piles of money they're sleeping on aren't being used to make Steam better.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Let's not be alarmist, alright?

• Options
    Gaslight wrote:

Nahman. Regardless of what caused this particular downtime, you can ask anyone who regularly frequents any Steam chatrooms. Steam has been shit lately, getting as bad as a dozen or more mass-D/C's every day. They're not using our money to improve their service.

• Options
    Triple B wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

Nahman. Regardless of what caused this particular downtime, you can ask anyone who regularly frequents any Steam chatrooms. Steam has been shit lately, getting as bad as a dozen or more mass-D/C's every day. They're not using our money to improve their service.

I'm referring to the "OMG what if they got hacked again???" stuff.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It isn't just steam, STO is having a lot of connection issues too right now.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Fallout: NV coupon works for the newly added ultimate collection? Also having only played about an hour for Fallout 3 on my PS3, should I get this/ get them both?
    It doesn't. The coupon only works for games released BEFORE January.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

it doesn't, I tried.
    I have so many things on my backlog though, I'll just wait for it to hit $10 on a daily.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Pretty obvious why steam went down.

Girlscout troupe was selling cookies at headquarters.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Oh no. It must look like a cookie apocalypse at valve HQ right now.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:

Oh no. It must look like a cookie apocalypse at valve HQ right now.

"There was blood Thin Mint crumbs everywhere!" reported an eyewitness, who declined to share their identity for this interview.

sig.gif

• Options
    edited February 2012
    man I never cared for thin mints

samoas are where its at

Triple B on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Morkath wrote:

This is it.

It's finally happening.

The internet is dying.

People, grab as many shotgun shells and cans of food as you can find. Lock yourselves in your basements and no matter what you hear you don't come up for anything!

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Triple B wrote:

You're dead to me.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

I'm sorry but the argument of throwing money at servers to make them work is stupid. Steam Community has been buggy as hell lately for sure, probably due to the fact that they are dealing with an aftermath of the Xmas sale, plus they are trying roll out Steam Mobile which creates an increased load on the cloudsync.

I swear, a few days of buggy spurts and some of you are ready to make wild ass accusations about a budget you no zero about at all.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

EMP Cookies

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Seeing how Steam is down anyway, I can relate some useless anecdotes to you guys.

You know when something bugs you only slightly, but you don't notice it actively, so you can't do anything about it?

I just realized that I always thought that it was weird that people referred to "Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight" as Dark Forces II. I also realized that the reason for this is that Dark Forces I was censored here in Germany, so the sequel was released as just Jedi Knight.

Awesome story, huh?

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    Tagalongs uber alles.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Morkath wrote:

This is it.

It's finally happening.

The internet is dying.

People, grab as many shotgun shells and cans of food as you can find. Lock yourselves in your basements and no matter what you hear you don't come up for anything!

Hey smoke...you should totally open your door, I have this coupon for 75% off anything on steam I need to give you....

I mean, braaaaaaaaaains....

Wait no, the first thing...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Triple B wrote:

You're dead to me.

SAMOAAAAS

I swear, a few days of buggy spurts and some of you are ready to make wild ass accusations about a budget you no zero about at all.

I don't think "they're not doing all they can to improve the quality of their service" is very wild ass at all.

Triple B on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Frem wrote:

EMP Cookies

Beautiful.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What was so horrible about Dark Forces that caused the German government to blow a gasket? Half of the things you shoot in that game are robots or aliens, and it's not like there's a ton of gore or spacesluts running around in gold bikinis.

edit: Morkath there's no way you're gonna get me to...

wait, did you say 75% off anything? Hold on a sec while I get the deadbolt!

SmokeStacks on
This discussion has been closed.