As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looks like Ys: the Oath in Felghana has been spotted in the Steam registry. Very cool.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Someone here would know this.

Is there a really simple Steam backlog website? Something where I can just log in with my Steam account, and it will show me a list of my games, and it will let me click a "completed" checkmark next to one of them? (Bonus points if it can automatically check games off when it sees an appropriate achievement unlocked).

Because I logged into backloggery. And saw how it didn't look much like my Steam library anymore. And it looked like way too much work to update.

I think you're stuck with either the categories in Steam, or keeping Backloggery up to date. I went with the backloggery option, it works for me but it did take a couple of hours to set up so it's not ideal.

It certainly would be possible for a site to sync up with your library, I believe that Steamgifts already does it.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Looks like Ys: the Oath in Felghana has been spotted in the Steam registry. Very cool.

so bought'd

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Steam appears to be done for me, or am I just unlucky?

Nevermind, nothing to see here.

Penumbra on
    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

So, my latest experience with Ys was ... Uh ... wanderers from Ys for the NES?

Talk to me about this. :)

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    jothki wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »
    Someone here would know this.

Is there a really simple Steam backlog website? Something where I can just log in with my Steam account, and it will show me a list of my games, and it will let me click a "completed" checkmark next to one of them? (Bonus points if it can automatically check games off when it sees an appropriate achievement unlocked).

Because I logged into backloggery. And saw how it didn't look much like my Steam library anymore. And it looked like way too much work to update.

I think you're stuck with either the categories in Steam, or keeping Backloggery up to date. I went with the backloggery option, it works for me but it did take a couple of hours to set up so it's not ideal.

It certainly would be possible for a site to sync up with your library, I believe that Steamgifts already does it.

Yeah, I have an idea that I wanted to do with steam games, but never got around to learning PHP to do it with the Steam API calls and what not. But hurm... yeah this would be a neat idea... hurm.

p.s. Anyone familiar with PHP wanna help me with this? I know how to code in a variety of languages, just not PHP or Java or any web stuff, but figure I could pick it up rather easy if I had someone helping.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:

Funny enough, Oath is actually a remake of Wanderers, which was Ys III

Wanderers was waaaaay different from the rest of the Ys series though, most of the games are top down adventure games

Here's some Oath gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0iFdTtC0bY

On another note. the PA Steam Coupon List I made seems to not be relevant any longer. Unless there is any reason not to, I'm going to just delete the data off of the spreadsheet, but I will leave it up there, for the next wave of coupons. Thoughts?

50433.png?1708759015
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The Ys series were some of the flagship or more prominent titles for the Turbografx/PC Engine, weren't they?

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Ys: The Oath in Felghana is actually a remake of Wanderers from Ys. Whereas the SNES version was a side scroller, Oath is more like your typical Zelda game.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

You probably played Ys III: Wanderers from Ys on the SNES. I think it's considered the weirder game in the series in that they made it a sidescroller.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana is a retelling of Wanderers from Ys that gives it more traditional hack and slash gameplay. I actually never played the original game, but I played through Oath in Felghana on my PSP a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

Couldn't find a trailer for the game I was entirely happy with, but here's one for the Japanese PC version from a few years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJh-RFq4gQ

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    On another note. the PA Steam Coupon List I made seems to not be relevant any longer. Unless there is any reason not to, I'm going to just delete the data off of the spreadsheet, but I will leave it up there, for the next wave of coupons. Thoughts?

Yeah, they're expired. They are still in my inventory, though? I figured they'd delete them.

Steam: offday
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Yeah, they're expired. They are still in my inventory, though? I figured they'd delete them.

Mine took a while but they're gone now. As for the spreadsheet, it will be useful before long so go ahead and clear it. Next big sale should be sometime around spring or easter and I bet they'll bring coupons back.

camo_sig2.png
    Sumanai wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »

Mine took a while but they're gone now. As for the spreadsheet, it will be useful before long so go ahead and clear it. Next big sale should be sometime around spring or easter and I bet they'll bring coupons back.

Coupons have been cleared.. and noticed the coupon header got changed to Velvet at some point, anyway, everything is clean and pristine if we want to use it again.

50433.png?1708759015
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:

I'm just gonna be a downer and point out that it being in the Steam registry isn't a guarantee of it being released.

There's a Steam beta available and it brings back a nice feature.
    Added session playtime and total playtime to the overlay
    This time for all games and not just the ones without achievements.

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Just took the PA survey Tycho posted. Came to the question about whether or not I've taken advise from the PA forums on buying games and chuckled a bit. And then I heard my wallet quietly sobbing.

You got a link for that? It sounds fun.

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote:
    Just took the PA survey Tycho posted. Came to the question about whether or not I've taken advise from the PA forums on buying games and chuckled a bit. And then I heard my wallet quietly sobbing.

It was on the front page, but they took it down.

I guess the beta I mentioned also added a filter to the friends list,like the one that's been in the games list for a while.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    In MAG at least, psmove players dominated the kbam players pretty much every time.

Kbam players did beat out controller players most if the time though.

Last I played the smaller games were pretty much decided by how many move people you had, though, which was weird.

steam_sig.png
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Viking was very classy for gifting me Bastion. I would come up with a song impromptu, but it's early in the morning and I don't have the power to change words in a song I like to be appropriate.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I still have one coupon for Drakensang, apparently it is good through the 10th. Weird.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »

It was on the main page, but it's not there anymore. I guess they got what they needed. :/

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    You got your bastion in my skyrim

http://youtu.be/ukKvRbCpn7k

camo_sig.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    mts wrote: »
    You got your bastion in my skyrim

"Captain Skank" and "*Sexy Whale Noises*" make this.

Donnicton on
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Anyone in here interested in throwing down in some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer this week? We can't let the Reapers win. And my Origin name is the same as my Steam and PA forums name.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Viking was very classy for gifting me Bastion. I would come up with a song impromptu, but it's early in the morning and I don't have the power to change words in a song I like to be appropriate.

That is a gift that you will be thankful for many times over.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Welp, just like with Arkham Aslylum, Arkham City just up and ATE my savegame for no discernible reason whatsoever.

Fortunately I'd finished the game once already, but I did so without completing most of the side-quests, which is why I was 'new game+'ing it.

In short: *%&^*^$%&%^$!£^$£!%&(&^%$^%^ (Deep breath) $%^@.

Half-way through the NG+ and it eats my save. I don't know whether that's a GFWL issue or just an issue with the Batman games, either way, I am NOT going through all that again.

Bye bye Arkham City. Take heart that when you're deleted, another game will take your place on my hard drive, and hopefully WILL NOT BE A JERK!

subedii on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    It did the same for me within minutes of me 100%ing the first run and only just starting my second playthrough. I did the same as you amd moved onto the next game

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    This is why I have the PC and the PS3 so I don't have to bother with that GFWL crap.

Steam: offday
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Has anyone played Wakfu? RPS posted a feature on it today, and it looked really cool. I'm at work, so I can't play it, but I was wondering if anyone had some impressions of it.
    I played the beta for a few days a couple weeks ago. It's pretty grindy, but I found the combat to fun. At least for a while. It's turn and grid based, so there's a lot of managing your positioning and action points. Your skills improve with use, but they improve very slowly (and when they level the change is sometimes not even noticeable) and leveling takes forever after the first few. On the plus side, there seemed to be some neat little exploration bits (like hidden chests that multiple people to open). I didn't get too much out of it cause I've never watched the show, but if you're into it might help.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, The Sims 3 is Midweek Madness at 66% off. Wasn't expecting that.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hey. Remember how I've wanted a decent sale on the sims 3 since christmas?

Well, it's the midweek sale...And I just bought dead island a few days ago, so I'm out of cash.

You taunt me, EA. You taunt me so much.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    75% off Dead Horde is the daily.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    Welp, just like with Arkham Aslylum, Arkham City just up and ATE my savegame for no discernible reason whatsoever.

Fortunately I'd finished the game once already, but I did so without completing most of the side-quests, which is why I was 'new game+'ing it.

In short: *%&^*^$%&%^$!£^$£!%&(&^%$^%^ (Deep breath) $%^@.

Half-way through the NG+ and it eats my save. I don't know whether that's a GFWL issue or just an issue with the Batman games, either way, I am NOT going through all that again.

Bye bye Arkham City. Take heart that when you're deleted, another game will take your place on my hard drive, and hopefully WILL NOT BE A JERK!

It screws up the save when you get an achievement. If you exit right after getting one your save is borked. If you play to another save point you can exit safely. Using windows "restore previous version" feature on your save can sometimes recover lost data.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    busfahrer wrote: »

It was on the main page, but it's not there anymore. I guess they got what they needed. :/

Not sure, but I think this is the survey, it was posted in SE++: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/156511/i-would-like-to-know-more-about-your-personal-lives/p1
    However, I filled it in last night and I got an error in one of the pages.

camo_sig2.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    The zombie daily has a 45/100 metascore. Impressive stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Much like the living dead's unquenchable thirst for human flesh, I too am an ever consuming being of zombie related items. However given the dismal reviews of Dead Horde, this would be equivalent to eating a dead cat instead of a delicious person from Kentucky in the zombie world.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Ashe wrote: »
    The zombie daily has a 45/100 metascore. Impressive stuff.

It will also be in the upcoming Face Kick Bundle so I would wait for that. http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

camo_sig2.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Hey. Remember how I've wanted a decent sale on the sims 3 since christmas?

Well, it's the midweek sale...And I just bought dead island a few days ago, so I'm out of cash.

You taunt me, EA. You taunt me so much.

I almost pulled the trigger too, but even though the DLC is cheaper, it's still a pretty penny for all of it.

Me wonders if there will be an even bigger sale on a complete Sims 3 pack during Summer/Winter.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Much like the living dead's unquenchable thirst for human flesh, I too am an ever consuming being of zombie related items. However given the dismal reviews of Dead Horde, this would be equivalent to eating a dead cat instead of a delicious person from Kentucky in the zombie world.

There's a "Kentucky Fried Children" joke in there somewhere but I'm not smart enough to make it.

I lack the braaains.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Dinner date on sale again too! Woo!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
This discussion has been closed.