As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SELECT * FROM posts WHERE tid = 'PA PROGRAMMING THREAD'

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Hi programming thread!

So I'm trying to work on some BI reporting for work using info in our MS SQL DB. Found this script online, basically gives you a 'Days Late' value on a document that had a set shipping date.

I know a DECLARE statement won't work in a view, so I was wondering how I could either turn this into a view (with a sql job to alter/update on a regular basis) or a table, so I can pull the data into the reporting tools built into our ERP software frontend.
    Declare
      @days as int
    set @days = 5
    select a.sopnumbe, a.docdate, a.ReqShipdate, datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) as days_left
    from sop10100 a
    where a.soptype = 2 and a.voidstts = 0
    and datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) >= (0 - @days) and datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) <= @days 
    and not exists
    (
    select b.* from sop10200 b where b.sopnumbe = a.sopnumbe and b.soptype = 2 and b.qtyfulfi > 0
    )

Thoughts?

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    the @ / semicolon issue in code tags has been around for a while

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Could you not do:
    select a.sopnumbe, a.docdate, a.ReqShipdate, datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) as days_left
    from sop10100 a
    where a.soptype = 2 and a.voidstts = 0
    and datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) >= (0 - 5) and datediff(day, getdate(), a.ReqShipdate) <= 5
    and not exists
    (
    select b.* from sop10200 b where b.sopnumbe = a.sopnumbe and b.soptype = 2 and b.qtyfulfi > 0
    )

? You don't necessarily need the variable there, it's just making it easy to replace the right numbers in one place.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Hm. Yeah that produces the same info, maybe the original guy didn't know any better.

Thanks!

Just make a note to yourself where you need to change 5 to the number of days(you want to be overdue?).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    STILL working on this stupid selection problem. I'm getting a stack overflow error and I don't know why. When I click on one table it calls both tables three times. When I click on the final row for some reason it just goes into an infinite loop.

• seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wonder if it handles OCaml... here's quicksort in my weird little language.
    let rec quicksort gt = function
      | [] -> []
      | x::xs ->
          let ys, zs = List.partition (gt x) xs in
          (quicksort gt ys) @ (x :: (quicksort gt zs))

let _ =
      quicksort (>) [4; 65; 2; -31; 0; 99; 83; 782; 1]

No highlighting. Sad.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
    Obviously look at the row/table's click event?

The final row probably keeps trying to do stuff with rows after it and goes into a loop forever because there is on row after it, and then finally stack overflow on that. That is all speculation though.

bowen wrote: »
    Obviously look at the row/table's click event?

The final row probably keeps trying to do stuff with rows after it and goes into a loop forever because there is on row after it, and then finally stack overflow on that. That is all speculation though.

Yeah I'm tracing through it now... It's just frustrating because this is so stupid to add this sort of functionality, but yet it is causing me to pull my (already thinned) hair out.

10:20a  JOHN SMITH                    N  DG 1234       1                PER DR BOBBY
            Date of Birth 05/15/1934 Age: 77                                    
            Memo 1: Contact Son For ALL                                         
            Memo 2: Labs/Confappts Wjim                                         
    10:40a  STEVEN SMITH                 NEW    N  HO 567     1                req Dr BOBBY needed Friday polycystic kidney disease-NPP  
            Date of Birth 11/26/1956 Age: 55                                    mailed PT CAN NOT RS AGAIN!!!PER JANE OK TO R/S LAST
            Memo 1: $25.00 COPAY                                                    TIME, WIFE AWARE
            Memo 2:                                                             
    11:00a //////////////////////////          N               1                  
    11:00a  JANE DOE                                   N  HO 890       1                2 MONTH FU, ALSO CYCLOSPORINE LEVEL  
            Date of Birth 04/16/1954 Age: 57                                    
            Memo 1: Scan Cards 2/22/12                                          
            Memo 2: cell-daughter Jessica

This is the kind of file I'm parsing... now I've gotta get that note on the side, up to 4 lines, reliably, separate from those memos. WHAT WONDERFUL FUN THIS IS THANKS EHR COMPANY FOR NOT GIVING ME AN XML/HL7 FILE AND TELLING ME TO GET THE FUCK LOST.

Whoever takes this job for me is going to gouge their eyes out when they look at this code for parsing that thing.

If a JTable has a ListSelectionListener, is it possible to change the selected row without firing off the value changed method?

edited March 2012
    Maybe? If I was doing this the C# way I'd do a mouse listener on the table and then on mouse click do something like "getSelectedRow" because otherwise you run into weird situations like this where you want to select a row but don't want to trigger a listener.

bowen on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    10:20a  JOHN SMITH                    N  DG 1234       1                PER DR BOBBY
            Date of Birth 05/15/1934 Age: 77                                    
            Memo 1: Contact Son For ALL                                         
            Memo 2: Labs/Confappts Wjim                                         
    10:40a  STEVEN SMITH                 NEW    N  HO 567     1                req Dr BOBBY needed Friday polycystic kidney disease-NPP  
            Date of Birth 11/26/1956 Age: 55                                    mailed PT CAN NOT RS AGAIN!!!PER JANE OK TO R/S LAST
            Memo 1: $25.00 COPAY                                                    TIME, WIFE AWARE
            Memo 2:                                                             
    11:00a //////////////////////////          N               1                  
    11:00a  JANE DOE                                   N  HO 890       1                2 MONTH FU, ALSO CYCLOSPORINE LEVEL  
            Date of Birth 04/16/1954 Age: 57                                    
            Memo 1: Scan Cards 2/22/12                                          
            Memo 2: cell-daughter Jessica

This is the kind of file I'm parsing... now I've gotta get that note on the side, up to 4 lines, reliably, separate from those memos. WHAT WONDERFUL FUN THIS IS THANKS EHR COMPANY FOR NOT GIVING ME AN XML/HL7 FILE AND TELLING ME TO GET THE FUCK LOST.

Oh Christ, that's parseable, a royal pain in the ass and inconsistent as hell, but its parseable... and it's bad when you'd PREFER HL7 to come out... What are you trying to rip, generated reports?

edited March 2012
    Yeah, the company that has this EHR doesn't and won't give export modules or text of any sort. The only thing we can do is print reports. Naturally I printed this to a text document (automatic printing if they select the right printer # I set up to dump it to text into a folder).

I've got it working, and down to about 10 seconds for 70 or so records. God is this thing hideous as shit though.

bowen on
    edited March 2012
    Maybe? If I was doing this the C# way I'd do a mouse listener on the table and then on mouse click do something like "getSelectedRow" because otherwise you run into weird situations like this where you want to select a row but don't want to trigger a listener.

The problem is that we can't use getSelectedRow only because the two tables aren't necessarily going to be the same size. The problem looks like it's this:

If the user clicks in Table 2, the valueChanged method is fired for that table, which then calls Table 1 to update it's selected row, which fires the valueChanged for that table, and the value changed method in that calls the update on Table 2 which calls valueChanged... etc.

urahonky on
    So you're right I need to find a way to use a MouseListener instead of a selection listener..

int row = table1.getSelectedRow();
    if(row >= table2.getRowCount() || row == -1)
        return;

?

Yeah, the company that has this EHR doesn't and won't give export modules or text of any sort. The only thing we can do is print reports. Naturally I printed this to a text document (automatic printing if they select the right printer # I set up to dump it to text into a folder).

I've got it working, and down to about 10 seconds for 70 or so records. God is this thing hideous as shit though.

there has GOT to be a DB behind it. HAS TO. if i was stuck with something like that, i'd be spelunking thru their system and see what i can figure out from the db, and mangle it myself.

return;

?

I was going to flip this goddamn table if this worked. No joke. :P This is the right track. Don't waste any more time working on it bowen, I'll figure it out... I hate to waste your time for something stupid like this.

Joe K wrote: »

there has GOT to be a DB behind it. HAS TO. if i was stuck with something like that, i'd be spelunking thru their system and see what i can figure out from the db, and mangle it myself.

There is. It's an old c-tree like database (from what the old account manager told us before he got canned). Completely locked down on a proprietary server with a proprietary unix operating system (from my poking and prodding it looks like some sort of redhat/fedora system).

I tried that route and it was far easier to do this... god what I wouldn't give to have a SQL<->C-tree(whatever) ODBC driver right now and full access to that system.

urahonky wrote: »
        return;

?

I was going to flip this goddamn table if this worked. No joke. :P This is the right track. Don't waste any more time working on it bowen, I'll figure it out... I hate to waste your time for something stupid like this.

If there's one thing I've learned from nearly 10 years of programming it's that simplicity is always the answer. If you can't do something, refactor it and pretend like you're in C++ 101.

There is. It's an old c-tree like database (from what the old account manager told us before he got canned). Completely locked down on a proprietary server with a proprietary unix operating system (from my poking and prodding it looks like some sort of redhat/fedora system).

I tried that route and it was far easier to do this... god what I wouldn't give to have a SQL<->C-tree(whatever) ODBC driver right now and full access to that system.

shit like this is kindof one of my specialities... not sure how i can help you, the dark arts don't communicate well when you're not in person. i'm sure that you'd be happy with a C/B-Tree ->CSV converter, too. If you want to go that route, the first step is identifying what the exact db/datastore engine is.

They appear to have SSH open too, locked down tight. I'm confident if I had access to the shell as root I could probably do the workaround I had planned a few years back.

They refused to give me SSH as root unless we signed off that any future issue was up to me to fix. Regardless if I did anything or not. Honestly it wasn't worth it because they have so many issues. I think they call me at least twice a week with an issue and I refer them to the EHR and voila it's fixed. And we only use it for billing/scheduling.

They appear to have SSH open too, locked down tight. I'm confident if I had access to the shell as root I could probably do the workaround I had planned a few years back.

They refused to give me SSH as root unless we signed off that any future issue was up to me to fix. Regardless if I did anything or not. Honestly it wasn't worth it because they have so many issues. I think they call me at least twice a week with an issue and I refer them to the EHR and voila it's fixed. And we only use it for billing/scheduling.

force a reboot of the machine into init 1. tralalalalaala as root all you want.

You know what kills me when reading other people's code/documents? Spelling errors.

"Mac Instillation Guide" should not go into a final product. Ugh.

You know what kills me when reading other people's code/documents? Spelling errors.

code is understandable. really, it isnt meant for public consumption, and getting any comments in code is usually a good thing.

customer facing documentation? yeh, that's a lack of professionalism right there.

code is understandable. really, it isnt meant for public consumption, and getting any comments in code is usually a good thing.

customer facing documentation? yeh, that's a lack of professionalism right there.

I review an intern's code and see "coler" and "requirment" all the time and it bothers me.

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    What is "coler"?;o/

zeeny on
    I expect he meant to type cooler, but forgot the o.

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If you use "cooler" in code/comment I'll hit you on the head even if you spell it right. Honest.

zeeny on
    zeeny wrote: »
    If you use "cooler" in code/comment I'll hit you on the head even if you spell it right. Honest.

This made me laugh out loud and now I look crazy, thanks zeeny.

or mistyped it and since comments don't get compiled, he never looked at it again.

start getting snippy when he sends emails with misspellings. code comments.. meh.. its nice that he has them, and you should declare victory and go home.

force a reboot of the machine into init 1. tralalalalaala as root all you want.

I contemplated it.

or mistyped it and since comments don't get compiled, he never looked at it again.

start getting snippy when he sends emails with misspellings. code comments.. meh.. its nice that he has them, and you should declare victory and go home.

That's the funny thing, this is what it's like:
    Color coler = new Color(r,g,b)

It's not in comments, it's actual code.

Some people do spell color as coler. Yes I live near rednecks.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    That is all spelled wrong!
    Colour colour = new Colour(r, g, b)

OrokosPA.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would rather see colour than coler.

Infidel wrote: »
    That is all spelled wrong!
    Colour colour = new Colour(r, g, b)

:^:

I am terrible because color looks bad and I always instinctively add the u to the silent u words like honor and color. I am unsure how this would come across to another code when I type that in the comments.

This discussion has been closed.