As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I guess I'll play some COD 4 BF3 PC since apparently no one is playing COD4.

There were three people.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I guess I'll play some COD 4 BF3 PC since apparently no one is playing COD4.

There were three people.

Four people, thank you very much :P

It was good times though. This was the first time i used a shotgun in CoD4 ever. Epic.

Lethal shotguns. Lethal grenades. Heaven.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I have procured CoD4 MW1!

...Where'd everyone go?

• Options

...Where'd everyone go?

Josh gave into the siren call of ME3, everyone else is taking breaks or going to bed =\

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

...Where'd everyone go?

If I'm on invite me. I'll play it any time.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »

...Where'd everyone go?

Josh gave into the siren call of ME3, everyone else is taking breaks or going to bed =\

Only because we are were like okay, last one.

then people stayed in for one more round.

Edit: that one guy who was modding going negative both rounds and then finding the spot he was spawning in on crash. Just staring at it killing him to two helicopters. great justice.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Definitely wanna do CoD4 again( except not tonight, cause I'll be playing The Witcher :P). That shotgun, WA2000(?)... the pump action one, is so sexy! An entire killfeed of "Skull2185 [Shotgun img] CoDguy" 8-)

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Definitely wanna do CoD4 again( except not tonight, cause I'll be playing The Witcher :P). That shotgun, WA2000(?)... the pump action one, is so sexy! An entire killfeed of "Skull2185 [Shotgun img] CoDguy" 8-)

Or play MW2 where an entire team of people using shotguns can win games easily on any map.

unrelated

iRevert on
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »

Or play MW2 where an entire team of people using shotguns can win games easily on any map.

No one wants to hear you ramble about Javelins.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    joshgotro wrote: »

No one wants to hear you ramble about Javelins.

MW2 Spas

It misses you

You've been neglecting it

iRevert on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Poo-poo, to your SPAS. I have an M10 that'd like to have a word...

<3 my M10, I miss her.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    BF3 M1014 is hilariously fun too. I don't think that gun can be portrayed poorly.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BF3 M1014 is hilariously fun too. I don't think that gun can be portrayed poorly.

You obviously haven't seen what they've planned for shotguns in Blops2, they're continuing the pattern of progressively making shotguns worse and worse as each new game comes out.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular

You obviously haven't seen what they've planned for shotguns in Blops2, they're continuing the pattern of progressively making shotguns worse and worse as each new game comes out.

not that they should be useless, but shotguns should be more niche weapons than they were in MW2. the SPAS was ok in blops, and the striker and USAS are decent in MW3. the problem more is how ridiculous hipfire is on automatics. if they toned it down (both with and without steady aim), shotguns would have more of a use.

I'm most curious to see what they do with LMGs. vonderhaar has been tweeting out a lot asking for ideas on how to make people actually use them. MW3's buff of having the minimum damage ugraded is a good start, i think.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    LMGs have always been good. RPD/M60 are death incarnate in CoD4. I don't recall much of W@W, but I think the BAR was an LMG and wasn't too bad? RPD was again death incarnate in MW2 and some people Mr Vyngard liked the LSW. LMG's became kinda bad in Blops (with the exception of the M60) and MW3 (with the exception of the PF Chang)

People not using them doesn't mean they are bad. Just means people are stupid.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    *Sick Double*

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular

I'm assuming that when you say "progressively" you mean "aggressively."

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Oooooh, I forgot. I don't think this guy was too happy with us last night during COD4 night...

cod4_cranky_01.png
    cod4_cranky_02.png

Methinks someone's got some sand in his panties. :lol:

• Options
    Also, is there anyone we play with that camps? I mean, Tibbly holds still more than most, but even he is in motion more often than not.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Vackeyboardandmousis

?

Edit:

ohgoddontunfriendme!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is why I can't play with my one friend in BlOps. She and her friends only play Hardcore TDM ("because the guns don't do enough damage in core") then the majority of them take Ghost+Warlord (for the supressor) find a corner and pitch a tent.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So new router came in today. Would like to find some peoples to shoots with.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Downloading some music.

I'll get on in ~15min when its done

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Also, is there anyone we play with that camps? I mean, Tibbly holds still more than most, but even he is in motion more often than not.

Vacorsis is a dirty camper, thats how his KDR is so high it's the only explanation

• Options
    Vackeyboardandmousis

?

Edit:

ohgoddontunfriendme!

I see what you did there, Brutle.

Also, ground war still sucks.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    downloading buttfield 3 the anusing now.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for not taking invites Brutle and Holi had a pretty bad day at work followed by the epiphany that I don't really want to work there because my boss was the kid who was picked on in highschool, is a fortysomething who lives with his mother and feels the need to take his frustrations out on me constantly.

Insert "cool story bro" gif here sorry I needed to vent.

jonny439 on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    LMGs have always been good. RPD/M60 are death incarnate in CoD4. I don't recall much of W@W, but I think the BAR was an LMG and wasn't too bad? RPD was again death incarnate in MW2 and some people Mr Vyngard liked the LSW. LMG's became kinda bad in Blops (with the exception of the M60) and MW3 (with the exception of the PF Chang)

There's definitely that. People are stupid and won't adjust their AR/SMG playstyle to accommodate an LMG so they claim that LMGs suck.

But I always though LMGs should be the slow-to-acquire but fast-to-kill weapons. You run slow, you aim slow, but when you're on target people should just melt. Keep weapon flinch, but minimise it on LMGs. Make their time-to-kill as fast or faster than ARs too.

Basically, if someone blasts around a corner into your ADSed LMG kill zone they shouldn't win the firefight.

Also, generally low recoil and/or higher ADS zoom levels. They should be objectively better at mid-long than ARs.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Apparently at 4am when I've just prestiged I turn into xXx_M1gX42OxQu1kSk0p5_xXx when I use a Barret.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Apparently at 4am when I've just prestiged I turn into xXx_M1gX42OxQu1kSk0p5_xXx when I use a Barret.

You'll troll with whatever toolset you're given Tibbly.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Musicool wrote: »

There's definitely that. People are stupid and won't adjust their AR/SMG playstyle to accommodate an LMG so they claim that LMGs suck.

But I always though LMGs should be the slow-to-acquire but fast-to-kill weapons. You run slow, you aim slow, but when you're on target people should just melt. Keep weapon flinch, but minimise it on LMGs. Make their time-to-kill as fast or faster than ARs too.

Basically, if someone blasts around a corner into your ADSed LMG kill zone they shouldn't win the firefight.

Also, generally low recoil and/or higher ADS zoom levels. They should be objectively better at mid-long than ARs.

Dude. It's CoD.

Throwing knives.

• Options
    Don't know why, but I always found the tony hawk way more satisfying than the throwing knife.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    You can see it spinning.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Don't know why, but I always found the tony hawk way more satisfying than the throwing knife.

It's because you went to rrrrranger school

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

I have the M60, L86, and MG36 at level 30, (and the 2500 kill title for the RPD and AUG in MW2), so I think I've earned the right to say that LMGs are not what they used to be. they are outclassed by every AR at long range and every SMG at close range. like I said, the minimum damage buff helped, but I think they should also reduce the speed penalty and increase the hipfire accuracy for black ops 2.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

The BAR in WaW was a weapon of class and sophistication. It wasn't useable like a LMG but if you treated it like a semi-automatic medium range rifle with a secret rock and roll setting, it was one of the best weapons in the game.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I have the M60, L86, and MG36 at level 30, so I think I've earned the right to say that LMGs are not what they used to be.

I don't think you do since you didn't list the best LMG in your list of LMGs.

• Options
    Never understood having a 20 rd mag on a full auto only weapon.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Played some Black Ops today. Had a lot of fun. Some kid started talking shit to us, and when we pointed out that his Combat Record was shit (like 0.3 Win/Loss, for starters) he went on to tell us that this was his "second account", and that he's actually sponsored by Machinima. Basically flat-out told us, "I'm kind of a big deal." We kicked his ass all the way up and down Express, and he ended up rage quitting.

Told him to go get SeaNanners and come back. Maybe then he'd have some luck.

• Options
    I never understood that.
    Yeah my K/D is somewhere between 1 and .5, and I'll never see a gunship, Huey, or SR-71 unless I get lucky with a care package but I'm also fairly consistent and usually in the top 5 overall on TDM games.

newSig.jpg