As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - still too good for EVO.

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    So, anyone else seriously considering getting the Vita version? Because I want to punch faces on the go.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    does it play online with the consoles?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    How's the PS3 online community for Blazblue?

In total? Bigger than the 360 community.
    On this forum? I think there's more 360 people, but don't quote me on that. PS3 here.

Yeah. But really I'm only on so much myself.

I'm usually pretty busy and when I do have time to play games my backlog is always big. So I don't get to play as much as I want to. Over the summer I'm usually on quite a bit though.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    yalborap wrote:
    So, anyone else seriously considering getting the Vita version? Because I want to punch faces on the go.
    I probably will when I get a Vita, although that won't be at launch. I picked up CS2 for the 3DS and got a fair bit of use out of it. Mostly just experimenting with stuff in training mode while I'm waiting for my turn to come around at someone's house.

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    does it play online with the consoles?

...You know, that's a really good question. I mean, it won't work with the 360, obviously, but in theory it could function just fine with the PS3...Rumors say it does, but obviously nobody's able to confirm that right now.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    How's the PS3 online community for Blazblue?

On this forum? I think there's more 360 people, but don't quote me on that. PS3 here.

This is pretty much truth. You will NEVER find PS3 lacking for fights, that's for sure.

I'm PS3 as well, and I know a few people.

My copy shipped. Come at me tomorrow! (Or if you really want, I'll CSII until then.)

@Auburn: BB's in-game tutorial is amazing. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

By it I mean Rachel.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Finally got my PS3 copy. It's nice when you open the artbook and the very first image almost makes you spit out your drink.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wow, I can't land a hit on anybody online, my footsies are shit. Serves me right for playing Ranked. I can tell the game is balanced though. I play Ragna and Taokaka. And for some reason, I'm more comfortable playing BlazBlue on a fightpad rather than the TE.

The announcer is terribad.

This always surprises me, and makes me sad. I never bought into the idea that "Ps3 is the weaboo console, 360 is the grimdark gun console," but every fighting game has more mans on Ps3 than 360 and it boggles my mind. Not that it's a competition.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That's because not everyone uses stick and the 360 pad is garbage for fighters.

Not to mention most tournaments use PS3 sticks/pads as the primary input.

BigJoeM on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Pretty much. The default PS3 controller works good enough for fighting games. While, imo, trying to play a fighting game without spending money on a new controller is a lesson in pain.

That being said PA has a pretty big community but that's only if you're interested in Capcom fighters.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Vita D-Pad >> PS3 D-Pad. Though it's no arcade stick. And no, the Vita version sadly does not have cross-online play with the PS3 version unlike Marvel (though you can transfer your save data between them and DLC works for both versions).

I tend to follow: 2D = arcade stick, 3D = pad. But I'm gonna have to adjust for the Vita version. :)

• Options
    RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    The announcer is terribad.

I almost want to think they made it bad on purpose just so you'll want to buy those new announcer voice DLCs coming up.

• Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Vita D-Pad >> PS3 D-Pad. Though it's no arcade stick. And no, the Vita version sadly does not have cross-online play with the PS3 version unlike Marvel (though you can transfer your save data between them and DLC works for both versions).

I tend to follow: 2D = arcade stick, 3D = pad. But I'm gonna have to adjust for the Vita version. :)

How does that work?

I had said to myself no fighters on handhelds because i'm used to stick now, but i may jump on Blazblue/Marvel since i'm at school and don't have space for my PS3 and HRAP.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I won't have my copy till Friday. :( But I can always CSII some if anyone wants.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Do we have a button layout? I'm quite curious.

• Options
    Gahh that question was for the Skullgirls thread...

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Got this game now.

Story mode is a lot better now. Especially with the Calamity Trigger Reconstruction. They added in a few more scenes and everything seems to make a lot more sense now.

Also, Makoto and Relius gag reels are pretty boss.

• Options
    Oh man, mak sure you don't skip Teach Me Ms. Litchi even if you played all the previous games :D

• Options
    Did they actually change some of the stuff in them?

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Did they actually change some of the stuff in them?

So far only one scene is available to me even though I completed it. There is new dialog but it covers the Academy again. You answer one multiple choice question and receive artwork if you get it right. That's all I know for know.

• Options
    Okay, I can't land a hit on anyone or Ukemi without being hit some more. Is there a BlazBlue footsies tutorial? This is torture.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    when teching you should do neutral tech like 90% of the time by just hitting a button while you're on the floor
    it has a lot of invincibility and if you time it right by sitting on the floor for a bit until they attack, you can tech through their attack and get advantage

what character are you playing?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BigJoeM wrote:

How does that work?

I had said to myself no fighters on handhelds because i'm used to stick now, but i may jump on Blazblue/Marvel since i'm at school and don't have space for my PS3 and HRAP.

In (BlazBlue's) System Options you can Download/Upload your save data for either version.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    when teching you should do neutral tech like 90% of the time by just hitting a button while you're on the floor
    it has a lot of invincibility and if you time it right by sitting on the floor for a bit until they attack, you can tech through their attack and get advantage

Ragna and Taokaka. My footsies is shit right now to the point I can't land a hit on anybody, but that should fix my defense.

• Options
    I don't think Taokaka even has footsies. At least, from what I've seen, I don't believe she does.

With Ragna, 5b is god. It leads into a ton of stuff at a decent range. Mix it up with 6b sometimes for a good overhead. Also, you can technically FADC his Inferno Divider with a rapid cancel to get out of messy situations.

Teching is... interesting in BB. You kind of have to counter predict the opponent. Rolls are only invincible right at the start-up and leave you vulnerable afterward. Try not to be predictable. As stupid as it sounds, you can trick people by doing what they "want" sometimes. Like rolling into the corner and watching them backdash since they thought you would roll out.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Well, my copy will be here Thursday. Add me on PSN (name is "Morningstar_PA) if you'd like to play.

Just keep in mind I only have moderate fighting game experience, and zero Blazblue experience.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Why you guys on PSN?

WHY

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Why you guys on PSN?

WHY

Valkyria Chronicles?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Why you guys on PSN?

WHY

Why you guys on 360 on Marvel/KoF/SC/etc?

Feel our pain. :(

• Options
    I could get it for PS3. The problem is, I have an SE for PS3 and a TE for 360.

• Options
    Get an EightArc then. Problem soled. :D

• Options
    Is that a brand?

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Is that a brand?

Premium fightsticks. Every feature you could want. Works with both consoles by default. One model's in stock, the other restocks in March.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Is that a brand?

Premium fightsticks. Every feature you could want. Works with both consoles by default. One model's in stock, the other restocks in March.

Okay, they are pretty sexy.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/04/eightarc-arcade-sticks-review

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Can I play the PSVita version against the PS3 players?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    I've heard not.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Is that a brand?

Okay, they are pretty sexy.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/04/eightarc-arcade-sticks-review

It's a little expensive. Maybe if I get a big tax return.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I've heard not.

It's a crying shame.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I've heard not.

It's a crying shame.

I wouldn't want to get my ass handed by fightstick players on the portable. :$

• Options
    Cantido wrote:

Ragna and Taokaka. My footsies is shit right now to the point I can't land a hit on anybody, but that should fix my defense.

for taokaka you mostly want to keep them in blockstun so you just gotta get in there and know your options to continue pressure
    though you can fish for fatal counters/wallbounces

ragna has really strong normals so... you kind of just stick stuff out there. like 5B, 6A, j.C. and if you get them blocking you can blockstring to deadspike or try a frame trap on 2C for fatal

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*