As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - still too good for EVO.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    counter hit 2C is a VERY important combo to learn (anti air)
    it goes something like 2C IAD j.CC 2C j.C j.C 236A 214A j.D

i think it can go longer but i don't remember

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    There was in CT, but it seems to be gone in CSE. From what I played(watched the new OP), it seems to be a LOT faster than CT's story mode. I bet you could breeze through it in a couple hours.

My first time playing CT's? More like 10.
    By the way, if you think you should get rid of CT because CS has the story, you would be wrong.

It doesn't have the joke ends.

OR THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvO1Gxa-5c

Makoto's new story mode is almost done. I'm not sure what's happening.

Time travel? WTF?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    There was in CT, but it seems to be gone in CSE. From what I played(watched the new OP), it seems to be a LOT faster than CT's story mode. I bet you could breeze through it in a couple hours.

My first time playing CT's? More like 10.

Well this is based on the CT episode (which appears to basically be a "condensed" version of the entirety of CT's story mode). It appeared to be a requirement in order to play any of the new stories, as they were locked out for me. As a result, it's incredibly long and it seriously drags.

On the upside, at least they're explaining things now.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, CT's was broken up into 12 segments, so yeah, one giant campaign will do that. The original explained it too, it just took a lot longer.

Have you played CS' story?

Would you believe it's even crazier?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Never played CS or anything else past CT, so playing this Vita version is certainly an upgrade. I balked at the sixteen options presented in the main menu.

I'm fine with it getting crazy, as long as they finally goddamn explain what the deal is with
    Jin.

Stoic asshole on one scene, laughing psychopath who wants to kill (?) his brother on the other.

And then there's Haku-Men who is like, Jin from the future? Or he's the real Jin and the psycho one is...uh, I dunno. So uh...yeah.

Honestly I doubt anything at this point would catch me off guard.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    They won't ever explain everything fully.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Jin's craziness has already been explained. His sword makes him psychotic. But it's a really bitchin' sword.

• Options
    I just wish they let you play a version of Nu that didn't have the KOS-MOS armor on.

I thought she looked cooler with the eyepatch and scrolls. I didn't even know it was the same character until the story mode.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Never played CS or anything else past CT, so playing this Vita version is certainly an upgrade. I balked at the sixteen options presented in the main menu.

I'm fine with it getting crazy, as long as they finally goddamn explain what the deal is with
    Jin.

Stoic asshole on one scene, laughing psychopath who wants to kill (?) his brother on the other.

And then there's Haku-Men who is like, Jin from the future? Or he's the real Jin and the psycho one is...uh, I dunno. So uh...yeah.

Honestly I doubt anything at this point would catch me off guard.

CS explains more of what drove him insane.

Though CS also shows his more noble side a lot.
    He doesn't stand for Hazama's lunacy, and will cut him down at any opportunity.

Or try to.

And yeah. It gets crazier. Make sure you watch CT's joke endings on youtube or something once you finish. :P

All jokes aside, it really has a good story, and kept me engrossed until the true end. I really look forward to seeing how Mori wraps up this insanity with BB3.

And playable Jubei & Kokonoe. Her voice is amazing as always in Makoto's story.
    -Are you Professor Kokonoe?

-The bitch herself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I think I might stick to Easy mode when unlocking the character's endings in Arcade.

Final boss is a gigantic cock and a half.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Snuggles, what console do you play on?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    No console at all.
    it's the Vita version ;)

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    Snuggles, my good man! We'll need to convene at some point, and engage in online play. Perhaps this weekend, when I have my copy properly secured into my Vita?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I have both the PS3 and Vita versions.
    Note of sadness: Unlike UMvC3, DLC does not work for both with PS3/Vita. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I still don't have this game, and I am not very happy about it.
    Hoping it turns up today.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Is there any difference other than On the Go play?

Like how are the controls on the Vita for a fighting game?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I think I might stick to Easy mode when unlocking the character's endings in Arcade.

Mu or Hazama? Best way to shut Mu down is to get in her face and bury her.

Hazama? Long range. Don't get near him.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I forgot that Taokaka has the best footsies of them all: crawling. Fucks with opponents so good. :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

Hazama. I don't doubt that he's probably not the hardest boss in the game, but he's the one currently pissing me off.

And it's hard to go long range when Squirrel Girl is all about up close and personal.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    taokaka has a big grab range too
    crawl then grab on their whiff, free combo

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

Look at your dualshock 3. Imagine it has a better dpad but smaller and closer together buttons.

It's no arcade stick, but it's no worse than playing it on a DS3.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Hazama. I don't doubt that he's probably not the hardest boss in the game, but he's the one currently pissing me off.

And it's hard to go long range when Squirrel Girl is all about up close and personal.

Actually, Hazama is. By a mile.

Though fighting Unlimited Ragna with him is pretty tough.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    unlimited hakumen for most op
    though I haven't played story in blazblue in so long

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

Look at your dualshock 3. Imagine it has a better dpad but smaller and closer together buttons.

It's no arcade stick, but it's no worse than playing it on a DS3.

I find it harder than playing on the dualshock mostly because the left thumb stick is too small for me to actually use precisely, and then it just gets in the way of me using the d-pad reliably.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    @Cantido I'll invite you to a match next time I see you online.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    @Cantido I'll invite you to a match next time I see you online.

When you saw me, I got invited to Trenched by fragglefart, but joining parties and games isn't working for me tonight.

• Options
    Ah. Well, I'll at least try.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I completely looked over this somehow. I was really looking forward to it after spending some time with it in an arcade in like 2009, and then I just forgot.

I caught something mentioning that Extend includes Calamity Trigger's story? Is this true?

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    A cliff notes version, yes. Doesn't make up for CT's thoroughness, but it's a good summary.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Is that so? Maybe I'll see if I can get a hold of a cheap copy of CT before diving into Extend then.

I actually had no idea that Continuum Shift was a sequel, not just a revision. These things came out fast.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I wonder if youtube has the complete story mode of CT.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    I'm sure it does, but it'd take you a few hours. CT's story mode is ridiculously thorough. (Also obtuse as heck in terms of paths, CS simplified it a lot.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    SightTDW wrote:
    Is that so? Maybe I'll see if I can get a hold of a cheap copy of CT before diving into Extend then.

I actually had no idea that Continuum Shift was a sequel, not just a revision. These things came out fast.

It's been over ten years and the villain of Guilty Gear doesn't have a name or face. Yeah, BlazBlue's story is light years ahead of GG, and moving at a much faster pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvr5VXrDIIQ
    GGX2 constists of every character saying "Get out of my way" and then a fight starts. Overture basically throws out half of what happened in GGX and GGX2. Even Axl being Raven got retconned out of existence. Also, Sol is actually likable and takes his place as the hero of the franchise.

Cantido on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Since absolutely nobody in my area seems to carry CSE, I just ordered the LE straight from Aksys - $60 straight, with no sales tax shipping or handling? I'll take that.

• Options
    Looks like there's a nearby copy of CT for $15, I think I'll head out now actually. I'll grab Extend once I burn through that and hopefully do that whole play against human players thing. Really looking forward to something faster than SSF4 for a chance of pace, especially since I adored GGX2.

I almost grabbed the PSP version instead, but I refuse to as someone who actually had a copy of GGX on the GBA (which is actually a lot shittier looking than I remember it being now that I look it up). Still glad to see that the Vita version holds up so well though.
    Cantido wrote: »
    GGX2 constists of every character saying "Get out of my way" and then a fight starts. Overture basically throws out half of what happened in GGX and GGX2. Even Axl being Raven got retconned out of existence. Also, Sol is actually likable and takes his place as the hero of the franchise.

Egh, at least once every couple of months I find myself looking at a copy of Overture, but nothing I've seen of it makes me think its anything but terrible. Retconning Axl I can accept. If they really wanted make that official they could just say "and then some time travel stuff happened" and be done with it.

• Options
    While stopping at Gamestop to get a Vita case, I had a dialog with the manager there about the Vita games I got, BB included.

He told me that it was "leaked" that Kokonoe was going to be a DLC character. This true?

Seeing how I got the game for free, I wouldn't mind shelling out the cash to make that happen. Just wish they'd make Jubei playable already.

• Options
    Couldn't find CT, so I impulse bought CSE. My PSN is SightTDW if anyone wants an easy target/to get some rounds in some time.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    One day we will find out who "That Man" is...one day.

• Options
    While stopping at Gamestop to get a Vita case, I had a dialog with the manager there about the Vita games I got, BB included.

He told me that it was "leaked" that Kokonoe was going to be a DLC character. This true?

Seeing how I got the game for free, I wouldn't mind shelling out the cash to make that happen. Just wish they'd make Jubei playable already.

I don't think it's been leaked.

One of the "Please teach me Professor Kokonoe" segments has her complaining about not being playable. Valkenhyn tells her that it's only a matter of time, since she is Arc System's secret weapon.

• Options
    Ragna teases Jubei about that in Teach Me Miss Litchi 5, too.

wVEsyIc.png