As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Wait, this game has single-player? USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I actually thought the new default Femshep looked really damn good

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    metaghost wrote:
    Just got in a few abbreviated Silver rounds with a rotating crowd of fragile goofballs. Watched one guy charge into a crowd of guardians with his SMG and get bludgeoned to death. So obviously a teammate decided to charge in to rescue him and got bludgeoned to death.

I've tried charging with the SMG. It just doesn't work, especially on Silver.

Still, can't be worse than the Vanguard I had on my team earlier that was using a sniper rifle.

Crossposting my pubbie Vanguard peptalk from the SE++ thread in the spoiler.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Sniper Salarian Infiltrator is absolutely devastating if you have a heavy hitter up front. My bud plays an aggressive Vanguard, and with him and my cloaking sniper bonus we just cannot be stopped.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I've been using the Tempest on my vanguard in Bronze pretty effectively

haven't played silver much though

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    Dharma Bum wrote:
    I can't connect to a multiplayer game on PC when choosing the quick match option because Origin is a shit devouring limp wristed fae which LOVES the cock.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating trying to find a match. I got into one but one of the guys was meowing the whole time and I couldn't figure out how to mute him so I quit. Who came up with that idea? "Let's take the weirdest and creepiest community in the world and then let them play multiplayer together?" So fucked up.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I've been using the Tempest on my vanguard in Bronze pretty effectively

haven't played silver much though

Before you get charged fully levelled, Vanguards occasionally use guns. After? No reason. I have a Phalanx and a Tempest on my Vanguard, but they are just there for show. 200% CD means I never have to fire a bullet. I am a bullet. One that sticks around and makes sure you go down before I hunt down your friends.

Also, pretty much everything works for Bronze. It's training for how to deal with the enemies and how to use your powers. Silver gets intense.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    It's all about the Katana for me. The Scimitar just doesn't have that punch and the Krogun takes too long to reload.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    With a couple mods my Katana IV can headshot a Centurion with 1/4 of its shields left on Silver

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    jdarksun wrote:
    Silver is where I laugh at all the Vangoons that think charging into a group of Guardians is a good idea.

I've played one game of Silver. We made it through all 10 rounds. It was pretty clear to me from Round 1 that Silver survival is more a factor of your team than your individual class.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Silver is where I laugh at all the Vangoons that think charging into a group of Guardians is a good idea.

Guardians are scrubs. One charge will knock their shield out of the way so you can shotgun them.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Yeah guardians are not a big deal. You don't even need to charge really, just stick that shotgun into their little peephole and pull the trigger

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    ME3 Femsheps all have more space between the eyebrows and the eyes than they did in ME2, even when attempting to compensate with the sliders. As a result, all my ME2 Femsheps look a little less like natural human beings in ME3. It's a little irritating.

The multiplayer is, so far, the first shooter multiplayer I've ever felt the desire to play more than once. I like that it's co-op, but I can't shake the feeling that my shittiness might be harming my comrade's gaming experience.

• Options
    -Tal wrote:
    Yeah guardians are not a big deal. You don't even need to charge really, just stick that shotgun into their little peephole and pull the trigger

I can't consistently do that on my first shot. :(

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote:
    Just got in a few abbreviated Silver rounds with a rotating crowd of fragile goofballs. Watched one guy charge into a crowd of guardians with his SMG and get bludgeoned to death. So obviously a teammate decided to charge in to rescue him and got bludgeoned to death.

Still, can't be worse than the Vanguard I had on my team earlier that was using a sniper rifle.

Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

hahaha. what baldwin movie is that adapted from?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote:

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

hahaha. what baldwin movie is that adapted from?

Glengarry Glen Ross. A classic of swearing.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

I can't consistently do that on my first shot. :(

Guardians are pretty weaksauce so long as you don't fight stupid with them, mostly because they take forever to advance on your position and pretty much every class has a method for getting around their sheild.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    I don't know why Bioware didn't scan a face for Femshep. They could have done what Borderlands did for Lilith. Host some open casting calls or something and find someone to be the face of Femshep, then model the face off that, then maybe take her around to some publicity things.

Uh, they had casting calls to find someone who looked like the model of Lilith they had made in the first game, not to model a face off of originally. Anyway, I think the new Femshep face looks pretty great, although it'd have been nice if it was there from ME1, yeah.

This is already on the awesome posts from the original post, so I won't report it again, but :^:

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    ChaosHat wrote:
    I don't know why Bioware didn't scan a face for Femshep. They could have done what Borderlands did for Lilith. Host some open casting calls or something and find someone to be the face of Femshep, then model the face off that, then maybe take her around to some publicity things.

Uh, they had casting calls to find someone who looked like the model of Lilith they had made in the first game, not to model a face off of originally. Anyway, I think the new Femshep face looks pretty great, although it'd have been nice if it was there from ME1, yeah.

Oh I understand they had a face to model off of for Borderlands, but I don't know why you don't go to Comicon or something and host a contest and just pick the one that looks best.

The new Femshep face just doesn't look good in game to me. The concept art looked bitchin' but I dunno. Seeing it in game does nothing for me.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    The Revenant is really quite excellent, especially with a scope and damage booster.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Will all the weapons in Multi appear in Single Player?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Curious are any other people on Xbox still having some trouble connecting to games? Or is it just me?

• Options
    Man, I'd love to see a video of a skilled Claymorefiltrator. It's how I roll for that class, but my poor aim makes it kind of hard.

• Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    Man, I'd love to see a video of a skilled Claymorefiltrator. It's how I roll for that class, but my poor aim makes it kind of hard.

Aim? You put the giant circle over mans, pull trigger!

Put a choke on it, the claymore can actually kill people from a shockingly long distance.

• Options
    Wait are there choke mods for the shotguns?

• Options
    I did. I miss a lot. I'll fire the Claymore an inch to the left of someone and it does no damage.

• Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Man, Gold. Has anyone beat it? I just tried a round with Dizzen and a couple of good pubbies and we barely made it to Wave 6, and then died there. I'm not certain it's beatable without the extra guns in the full version + everyone using the per-match armor and weapon upgrades.

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

Yeah. I can take out Bronze baddies from pretty much any range using my Scimitar w/level 5 choke.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Man, Gold. Has anyone beat it? I just tried a round with Dizzen and a couple of good pubbies and we barely made it to Wave 6, and then died there. I'm not certain it's beatable without the extra guns in the full version + everyone using the per-match armor and weapon upgrades.

A couple of us beat noveria on gold. A: everyone had a max level or close character with all the weapons and stuff that they needed B: we had a good mix of classes, asari adept for stasis, engineer for chain overload, and infiltrator and vanguard for "dps."

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    Sneaks wrote:
    ME3 Femsheps all have more space between the eyebrows and the eyes than they did in ME2, even when attempting to compensate with the sliders. As a result, all my ME2 Femsheps look a little less like natural human beings in ME3. It's a little irritating.

The multiplayer is, so far, the first shooter multiplayer I've ever felt the desire to play more than once. I like that it's co-op, but I can't shake the feeling that my shittiness might be harming my comrade's gaming experience.

I've found adjusting the brow and/or eye depth fixes this issue. I know what you mean though, FemShep's eyelashes almost clip through the brow. It's especially noticeable when she makes "angry furrowed brow" face.

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    anyone up for playing this on xbox?

• Options
    THESPOOKY wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

Yeah. I can take out Bronze baddies from pretty much any range using my Scimitar w/level 5 choke.

Wellllllp guess I won't need a pistol on my Vanguard after all

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    @evilthecat, I just came across the music from the start of the Blur trailer. Minus the singing.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    THESPOOKY wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

Wellllllp guess I won't need a pistol on my Vanguard after all

Also....Bayonet. Extra melee damage is pretty swell.

• Options

A couple of us beat noveria on gold. A: everyone had a max level or close character with all the weapons and stuff that they needed B: we had a good mix of classes, asari adept for stasis, engineer for chain overload, and infiltrator and vanguard for "dps."

Coincidentally, that's exactly what we were running. I was a shotgun Infiltrator, though, I'm still missing the Widow. One problem was dealing with the sheer number of Atlases they throw at you, I think Wave 6 had something like 3 or 4. Widow + top ranked Tactical Cloak (that gives sniper rifle damage) would help with those; Katana isn't cutting it. Moreover, switching to a Widow means I'm going to need a Carnifex to finish off close-range targets after I heavy melee out of stealth...

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Great games yesterday and this morning with Carb0n and Blackbird (don't know your PA name). We're totally going to do some Silver runs tonight, right?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    yeah, the widow is for taking out atlases. And fuck the carnifex. You roll with a widow, you only roll with a widow, assuming you want to actually be able to use cloak for every shot.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Burning through my last M2 play through now, running into an annoying bug on Shadow Broker. Any ideas?
    After they bomb the informant's building and you chase Liara/the other asari outside, after the cut scene when you walk out and see them shooting each other, it bugs out and she's just standing there by the car and I can't do anything.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Decisions, decisions. The way I like to play Infiltrator, I'm tempted to just roll with a Krogun, and only a Krogun. Assuming you one-shot anything else coming out of stealth with the Krogun, how much less damage do you figure you lose engaging Atlases with it, as opposed to the Widow?

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    aw man, i think i've fucked up this me2 run.

i can't get kelly to feed my fish and i'm pass horizon with like 5 loyality missions left, im sure i had her feeding my fish at this point before.

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    okay, do I just have to buy the game to get the ME3 multiplayer demo for PC?