As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

N+ Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders

PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
This is a pretty simple question, I think. I have a linksys N+ wireless router, and want to make the signal go farther. Have any of you done this before, and which product would you recommend? No price range or anything, I just want something that will get the job done with a minimum of futzing.

PolloDiablo on

• Options
    ICEFIR3ICEFIR3 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I use the WAP4410N from Cisco to extend/boost my Wifi in my basement. Works great w easy setup. Never had an issue w it.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I have a similar need. Just moved to a new place and it seems my room is either too far from the router or getting some interference. My connection to the network hovers between 2 and 3 bars, and while my browsing doesn't seem too hindered, I worry about how this might affect games or downloads in the future.

Running a cable just isn't an option, but 120 bucks for a wireless AP seems a bit steep.