As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THERE'S A BUNCH OF DRUNK DWARVES ON MY PHONE cause I'm playing Hero Academy

T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATEDNAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
infopane_ha_logo.png
App_Store_Badge_EN_0609.png

HERO ACADEMY is an iOS game from Robot Entertainment, the people who made Orcs must die. Maybe it'll come to android one day but right now it is iPad/iPod/iPhone only so ONLY BLUE MESSAGE TYPES ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY.

It is FREE but it has ads. You can pay $1.99 to unlock the Dark Elf Race and disable ads, and then pay more money if you want to customize team colors or get different avatar packs and such.

Let me explain how this works

Hero Academy works on a play-by-turn basis, meaning that you take your turn and then you wait either minutes or days or however long you wish until your opponent takes his turn. Which makes it nice as a "pick up make your moves wait thirty years until @smarthero takes his turn" game.

Here is a video

http://youtu.be/1RqF__v5rlg

HERE IS THE BEST QUICK RUN-DOWN ON HOW TO PLAY I CAN GIVE YOU

You have crystals on your board. The typical field will look something like this

ChainLightning_thumb.jpg

Your goal is to keep your own crystals (and units) safe while trying to either totally wipe out the opponent's units, or destroy their crystals.

You'll notice special tiles on the board.

Crystal Tiles - If you have a unit standing on these, all attacks you make on crystals will do more damage.
Sword Tiles - If you are standing on this, the unit on it has way better attack. I think it's just that unit. It might be all units.
Shield Tiles - The same as the sword tiles, only your units get way tougher.

THERE ARE THREE RACES. ALL IMAGES LINK TO THE RACES PAGE ON THEIR WEBSITE BECAUSE I AM NOT TYPING OUT DESCRIPTIONS OF THE UNITS.

Council_SplashScreen.pngDarkElves_SplashScreen.png
Dwarves_SplashScreen.png

If you want an in-depth game guide, Robot put one right here

A LIST OF FORUMERS WHO ALSO PLAY THIS GAME
Forum Name - Academy Name

T4CT - mikeblais
TheStig - stiggy
Jasconius - Jasconius
The Geek - TheGeek
Smart Hero - smarthero
Quoth - quoth
SCREECH THE FARG - farg