As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Canon?

Mojo the AvengerMojo the Avenger Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm trying to find out what Conan work is canonical, or at least the central story. There's a ton of stuff that's been published to weird tales, or after the author's death, etc.

Any help?

Mojo the Avenger on

• vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's kind of hard to say, on account of the character outliving his creator by such a large margin, not to mention the extremely commercial nature of the original work (the author varied his style based on target audience / publication, and often modified rejected stories in an effort to get them published). There's no George Lucas type figure in the picture with the authority to say "this is canon, that is not." The closest you can find to a canon is probably the original works by Robert E. Howard. They were recently collected and published in a three volume set. Seems like a good place to start. The Dale Rippke chronology might be useful in reading them. It's an attempt to put the original works in a chronological order.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Mojo the AvengerMojo the Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just read everything. Thanks for the links.

Mojo the Avenger on