Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Last Story: Out now in the other part of the world! The packaging is class!

ChenChen Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Games and Technology
gblwiilaststory.jpg

988055187216front.jpg

thelaststory20100427080.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/the_last_story_45545.html#home

"The Last Story is a JRPG for the Wii console from Hironobu Sakaguchi that lets you take charge of a band of mercenaries and journey with them into a sprawling cinematic adventure. Enjoy the adventure alone in this epic Wii game or jump into online multiplayer modes with up to five other players."

(Trailers contain slight spoilers.)

Q&A
Q: Looks great! When can I get my hands on it?
A: February 24th. That's a Friday.

Q: Now wait just a doggone minute. This ain't how we do things round these parts. Are y'all mistaken?
A: February 24th is the European release date. Unfortunately, as of this moment, no decision has been made to release it in North America. Apparently, February 23rd is the Australian release date. Lucky you!

Q: Bummer. What now?
A: You can wait until NoA decides to bring it over, like they eventually did with Xenoblade Chronicles, or you can import and use one of those fancy homebrews. I hear Amazon.de ships to NA.

Q: Does it use motion controls?
A: None at all. You can play it with the Classic Controller or the Remote + Nunchuck.

Q: There's multiplayer?
A: Yep, you can either play Death Match or Co-Op in the battle arenas using the Internet.

Q: I hear it has a limited edition. What does it have that the normal edition doesn't have?
A: The limited edition has a steelbook case, a soundtrack CD containing 7 tracks and a small art book. No red Classic Controller Pro unfortunately.

Q: Does it have a Japanese language option?
A: No. As far as I know, the game's disc is single-layered. And, apparently, they lip-synced the English voices in cutscenes.

Q: Anything else I need to know?
A: Like Xenoblade, it isn't your standard JRPG, but unlike Xenoblade, it doesn't have MMORPG environments and freedom. People compare it to Mass Effect as they both have cover systems and are quite linear in terms of areas. Oh, and like most Mistwalker games, Nobuo Uematsu composed the soundtrack. Also, you can shoot and subsequently slip on bananas. No joke.

Chen on
l8kt.png