As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tokyo Jungle [PSN] - A shining new era / is tip-toeing nearer

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I want this to be released in the US.

I must play a robo chick. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

The first commercial is everything you could ever want in an ad.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    This is almost like a modern day E.V.O. of sorts. That is fuckin awesome

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    There's no justice in this world at all if this doesn't see a US release.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I need this game to live.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Rumor has it that this is making the rounds at E3 on a fact sheet, confirming a western release.

Fingers crossed!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Rumor has it that this is making the rounds at E3 on a fact sheet, confirming a western release.

Fingers crossed!

A western release was confirmed months ago, just not a US release. And the fact sheet you're talking about was from SCEE, so it just reconfirms something we already knew.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Dream crusher!

Yeah, I heard that too. :(

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Let me uncrush your dreams then:
    Despite the absence of a pomeranian guest appearance at Sony's E3 2012 press conference, the company's delightfully bizarre-looking Tokyo Jungle is indeed headed to PlayStation Network in North America and Europe. A press release this week confirmed the EU release, and Sony VP of product development and worldwide studios Scott Rohde told us in an interview this week that the "wacky" internally developed PSN game will indeed arrive in North America as well.

"It'll ship here, it'll ship everywhere," Rohde said. To him, Tokyo Jungle's worldwide release is emblematic of Sony's "crazy innovative" approach. "That game is just wacky, but in a good way, because we like to show that there's still an art form, and you can still experiment," he said. "Is everyone gonna love a game like Tokyo Jungle? Absolutely not, but there's a whole bunch of people it's gonna make really happy. Specifically for the fact that it's so different, and so unexpected. That's a key part of the culture of Worldwide Studios and how our games are developed."

Though he couldn't name one specific person internally who championed the previously Japan-only game, Rohde extolled the internal culture that allows games like that to be created. "Someone has a key vision in our [Japan Studios] about Tokyo Jungle, they wanted to build this game. And so we're gonna embrace that. And of course we discuss it, and if it doesn't make sense, we can walk away. We walk away from dozens and dozens of titles every year. But the difference is, we actually build them out to a certain extent. And when they hit a point where we think, 'You know what? This is pretty interesting and it's gonna make some people happy,' we're gonna build it."

Frankly, we're pretty darn happy this one made it through the wringer. Tokyo Jungle doesn't have a release date or price just yet.
    So despite SCEA not bothering to even announce or promote it, it will be getting a NA release. Maybe there's hope you guys will eventually get Malicious as well (probably not).

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, definitely going to have to take this for a whirl.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Awesome! This will either be the greatest game of all time or the worst. Either way, I want it.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I'm seriously excited about this. I can't think of any other game that I'm looking forward to this year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, I feel better!

Bring the rain.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    This already came out here in Korea fully translated. Woo.

Too bad I just bought Dragon's Dogma and Virtua Fighter :(

• Options
    Hail to the king!
    view.jpg

The Pomeranian rules with an iron...er, paw.

Media Create sales for this week:
    01./00. [PS3] Tokyo Jungle (SCEI) - 110,309 / NEW
    02./01. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D (Square Enix) - 83,329 / 596,512 (-84%)
    03./00. [PSV] Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny (Namco Bandai) - 40,297 / NEW
    04./02. [PS3] Dragon's Dogma (Capcom) - 34,184 / 419,208 (-59%)
    05./03. [3DS] Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo) - 24,030 / 167,154 (-42%)
    06./04. [WII] Mario Party 9 (Nintendo) - 17,253 / 417,643 (-12%)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Do we have a date?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yea, whether it's bad or not, I'll be owning this game.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yea, whether it's bad or not, I'll be owning this game.

Same here. The concept is just so insanely bizarre that I have to give it a look. There's so much charm coming out of this game.

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    This is the first game I ever imported. It's kind of wacky in that you have to play the survival mode to unlock the story mode levels, and for the first several story missions, the stuff you've been doing in survival has probably been way harder than the stuff you do in story mode.

Also, unlocking animals is very grindy. You play one animal in survival and can unlock one or two more animals with it. I'm up to:
    Pomeranians->Cats->Beagles->Golden Retrievers->Tosas ->Wolves->Jackals->Lycaons (another wild dog)

and

Deer->Deer with horns (? should probably try to figure out its name)
    ->Chickens->Rabbits->Porcupines

It's pretty repetitive, in that the brunt of the game is just finding food, mating, and dodging dangerous animals--but it's also pretty compelling ! I've read comparisons to Cubivore; for some reason, it makes me think of Tail of the Sun. As you play through generations of animals, they slowly grow in power. That generational power carries over to subsequent survival mode runs.

CowShark on
  • Options
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    CowShark wrote: »
    Deer with horns (? should probably try to figure out its name)

A...antelope?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Man, what? That trailer needs a date for the NA/EU release. :(

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    SCEE date is late September, I posted the exact date in the PS Store thread. NA will probably be sometime after it (hopefully not as long as 6 months they took with Malicious).

• Options
    Release date confirmed for 9/24-25.

Have some reviews!

Kotaku - Recommended

Venture Beat- 85/100

CVG - 8.2/10

PSN Stores - 4/5

TheSixthAxis - 8/10

IGN- 8/10

Destructoid - 7.5/10

Gamesradar - 2.5/5

Playstation Lifestyle - 3/10

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Very excited for this. $15 is not too bad.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Pretty good scores all around, but I've never heard of Gamesradar or Playstation Lifestyle.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    goty

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    Wow, Weirdest game concept ever. I'm not too sure how much actual fun it will be, but for $15 I don't think I can pass this up.

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Massively excited for this and it's out this week yesss!

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    PS Blog just announced Plus members will get this for $11.99, 20% off! I'm so stoked!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    it comes out tomorrow, 9/24 was a lie

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    IMA BUY DIS GAME

Do we know what all critters you can be in it at the start? Not unlockables or anything; I wanna be surprised by those.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    The starters:

Story: 1 Pomeranian chapter (pretty much a basic tutorial).
    Survival: Polmeranian, Deer.

The jist of how to unlock (as guessed by giant bomb quicklook)
    Story chapters: Items found in survival
    Survival: Completing specific in game goals in survival with specific animals

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I tried to pick this up before going to work, but it was not yet available. Hopefully it will drop before the missus goes to work so that I don't have to wait on a download. I am stoked.

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Can't wait to play this in English!

I really want to know what's going on in the story missions, and I can't wait to breed my Pomeranians into tiny monsters (animals they can get stronger every generation in survival). Only thing I'm not looking forward to are the finicky stealth missions.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm a little confused. Is this not coming out in the US? I'm getting conflicting answers.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    I'm a little confused. Is this not coming out in the US? I'm getting conflicting answers.

It comes out in the US sometime this afternoon (whenever the PSN updates). $15.

• Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular

It comes out in the US sometime this afternoon (whenever the PSN updates). $15.

I thought that the most recent playstation tweet was the store updating, but it was not.

:(

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!