As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tokyo Jungle [PSN] - A shining new era / is tip-toeing nearer

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Does anyone else get forced to agree to the Terms & Conditions like every time they boot the game up?

It's only if you're online. Sign out and you won't have to.

But then you won't get ranked in the leaderboards, won't you?

I also have to agree to the terms and conditions every single time. It's my one major complaint with the game.

That and an apparent lack of shortcuts. If I'm on one end of the city and have to hoof it all the way to the other side for a challenge, I'm not likely able to make it on time.

why in god's name would anyone anywhere care about leaderboards

• devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Ok, now I need to get this. This might win in distracting me instead of FTL like it has for the last few days.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Just got a vita do think I'll play this more when the remote play patch lands.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Does anyone else get forced to agree to the Terms & Conditions like every time they boot the game up?

It's only if you're online. Sign out and you won't have to.

But then you won't get ranked in the leaderboards, won't you?

I also have to agree to the terms and conditions every single time. It's my one major complaint with the game.

That and an apparent lack of shortcuts. If I'm on one end of the city and have to hoof it all the way to the other side for a challenge, I'm not likely able to make it on time.

Sewers are your shortcuts. However, once in the sewers, you need to know what exit leads to what. That I can't help you with, cause I have no clue and just wander.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    They probably do: I went in there once and got slaughtered by wolves, so I haven't been brave enough to venture inside them. If they significantly shorten the commute from say, the train station to Shibuya, then I'll make a point to use them more.

• precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    They probably do: I went in there once and got slaughtered by wolves, so I haven't been brave enough to venture inside them. If they significantly shorten the commute from say, the train station to Shibuya, then I'll make a point to use them more.

They don't go everywhere, there is a spot in station, woods and I think the place to the far north west. As for others, can't say for sure.

• Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    There's a sewer entrance in the following:

Park West.
    Woods.
    Station.
    Suburbs.

However, the station one only opens once you exit from the sewers to the station, I believe.

Also, beat story mode last night. It's pretty charming, but I just want to unlock more aminals. Particularly, the freaking elephant. Also, Buffalo are awful...

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Turned my chicken into a carnivore. I nom'd on some fruit and it dropped a gift box containing: Hearty Chicken Breast! Consuming it raises the max Hunger by +10.

I am completely amused by this ironic situation.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    There's a sewer entrance in the following:

Park West.
    Woods.
    Station.
    Suburbs.

However, the station one only opens once you exit from the sewers to the station, I believe.

Also, beat story mode last night. It's pretty charming, but I just want to unlock more aminals. Particularly, the freaking elephant. Also, Buffalo are awful...

Those DLC critters better be free for PS+ users. Way to purposely hold back the most potentially awesome animals.

• Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    As far the DLC characters, they are free to PS+ users, but the elephant and buffalo are unlocked by playing survival. I've not got them yet, I've just encountered them... Also, when animals throw parties... that's bizarre. As well as mass graveyards. I had an elephant graveyard as a sheep, and there I really wanted to be a carnivore.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Have to share - played quite a bit yesterday with some help...god help us if someone brings a Pomeranian into the house...
    gemmasmaller.jpg

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    With all of these stories...you guys just sold me on this game. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Finished Story Mission 11 - Hooray! I never have to play it again! (Although the end cutscene of that one is pretty boss).

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Did pretty well my first time out as a gazelle. Lasted fifty-odd years and managed to survive two trips through a lion-infested train station, though I had to sacrifice most of my pack to do it.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Pouncing on what i thought was a pig, in the pouring rain at night (no visibility) only to have it turn out to be a very irate hippopotamus just ended my house cat run :( 4 cats gone in one mighty hippo blow.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    Oh, I hate it when your posse all piles up in one spot and gets killed at the same time.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    hippos don't fuck around

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm imagining the hippo lady from Rocko's Modern Life.

How DARE you!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think hippos kill more people than any other African animal. Like, people are worried about lions and elephants, but hippos will straight chase you and wreck your shit if you come anywhere near their area.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited October 2012
    http://wildlife.blurtit.com/q6533369.html

They lump all "big cats" together, which is probably a huge boost for them.

Oh, here we go:
    http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/animals/news-africas-most-dangerous-animal

A little googling showed me a few "one of the most dangerous," and a couple, "Hippo is the most dangerous animal in Africa, besides the mosquito." Wikipedia seems to indicate that the only animals that'll try to eat a hippo are crocodiles, lions, and spotted hyenas--and it says they may try to eat "young hippos"; adult hippos do not have natural predators. So they're on the level with elephants in terms of "do not fuck with."

Although I think in-game, all the big cats can get "Clean Kills" on hippos. Not that I've managed to unlock the goddamn cheetah yet. Need to level up my Hyena's defense and life, cheetahs are total a-holes in this game.

CowShark on
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    CowShark wrote: »
    http://wildlife.blurtit.com/q6533369.html

They lump all "big cats" together, which is probably a huge boost for them.

Oh, here we go:
    http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/animals/news-africas-most-dangerous-animal

A little googling showed me a few "one of the most dangerous," and a couple, "Hippo is the most dangerous animal in Africa, besides the mosquito." Wikipedia seems to indicate that the only animals that'll try to eat a hippo are crocodiles, lions, and spotted hyenas--and it says they may try to eat "young hippos"; adult hippos do not have natural predators. So they're on the level with elephants in terms of "do not fuck with."

Although I think in-game, all the big cats can get "Clean Kills" on hippos. Not that I've managed to unlock the goddamn cheetah yet. Need to level up my Hyena's defense and life, cheetahs are total a-holes in this game.

There is a goddamn spitting scorpion? Wtf is wrong with the world.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    What? Some of us like are scorpions to have more than one venomous end!

Really liking this game. Can anyone give me more tips on surviving?

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    With playstation plus (I got a three month subscription to check it out) any free dlc I buy...do I get to keep it when the PS+ ends or does it get locked out like the free games? I bought Tokyo Jungle for the discount and I want to grab the dlc for it.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    You paid for the game, so you own it now.

edit: Sorry, "own". But you get the idea. If PSN + lapses, you still have the game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I think with PS+, free games you lose access to until you resubscribe. Discounted games are yours. No idea what that means for free DLC though.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    edited October 2012
    Made it to year 103 with my Pomeranians, and finally won a tuxedo! They've worked up to a startling 146 base attack power, which is funny--because Ox and Horses don't register Pomeranians as a threat, so even if you've got the attack power to kill them easily, they just don't pay attention to you at all until you have their neck in your mouth.

Although I probably won't wear the tux till I have another as backup, since unlocking it doesn't let you get more from the store (shaaame). But Tux does give you a huge bonus to every stat (even speed). Same thing with the chick power armor, I don't know where I got a set, but I can't buy more, and I don't want to waste power armor.
    145 life
    30 attack
    3 defense
    60 stamina
    60 hunger
    20 speed

I ate an archaeopteryx!

Lions, Tigers, Crocs and Hippos are still terrifying monsters.

CowShark on
    Lions are kinda laughable, it took me like 10 minutes due to how little damage i did, and i needed pet food because the fight took so long i would have starved to death during it otherwise, butt i took a lion out easily with a 2g beagle last night. I kinda wish they hadn't made them so goofy with the huge, easily dodgable windups on 90% of their attacks

Lions are kinda laughable, it took me like 10 minutes due to how little damage i did, and i needed pet food because the fight took so long i would have starved to death during it otherwise, butt i took a lion out easily with a 2g beagle last night. I kinda wish they hadn't made them so goofy with the huge, easily dodgable windups on 90% of their attacks

Okay, lemme go back and change my tune. A lion is not a terrible problem. That lions mostly come in 12 packs is.

Okay, lemme go back and change my tune. A lion is not a terrible problem. That lions mostly come in 12 packs is.

Sneaking past the adult lions and eating all the cubs then escaping without being seen is my new favorite thing..I am a terrible person

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Sneaking past the adult lions and eating all the cubs then escaping without being seen is my new favorite thing..I am a terrible person

D:

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I'm having a tough time with the 2nd Hyena mission.
    I can make it nearly to what I imagine is the end. But there's an path up above a pool of water with a bunch of sleeping crocodiles. that's guarded by a single beagle but he doesnt patrol enough to sneak around and if I stealth kill him I slide right off the ledge and get spotted. If I drop down the cros wake up and kill me. It looks like there might be a way to a spot in the water further away from the crocs to sneak past them but it's guarded by 2 beagles who dont move at all.

If you drop down the hole right by the beagle, you should be able to run South and escape up the steps, running away from crocs. Lot of times, crocs won't see you, sometimes they will, but either way, if you make it out of that room, you'll be practically at the next checkpoint, I think.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    hm yeah i remember diving into the crocs but don't remember what i did exactly after that, and passed.

jCyyTSo.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I managed it on the reattempt last night. Getting into some interestingly weird stuff in the story now.
    Unlock wise I've been going down the herbivore tree and just finished Hippo to unlock Ostrich.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finished Brutal Legend yesterday, so I'm ready for this.

54%!

wVEsyIc.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is that backlog progress? Or just one hell of a non-sequitur?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Maybe 54% downloaded?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ^Download status. (Backlog might be accurate)

Doing the tutorial now. Like a (golden retriever) boss!

wVEsyIc.png