Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW game 67 - Blood crazed Khorne wins a dial victory!

peskypesky Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
pic955226_md.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe (and a fifth, uninvited guest). Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

Magic Geek as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

Cerberus as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

blahmcblah as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

admanb as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

Ardor as The Horned Rat
The Horned Rat does not exist, nor is there such thing as the ratmen that worship it. Scholars have concluded that claims of an empire of vicious verminfolk are nothing more than stories invented to frighten the very young. Any reports of having sighted these "skaven" is seen as spreading discord amongst the faithful and, naturally, quite blasphemous. The skittering and scratching you hear deep below you at night is naught but the fevered workings of your imagination. If you insist that you have seen these creatures, please see your nearest witch hunter to be summarily executed for your blatant heresy.

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World for five players, wherein the players will vote on whether to use the Base or Morrslieb decks, and on the composition of the Old World Deck. Invitations will be taken from the discussion thread and offered to five players.

[RULES]
[FAQ]
[EXPANSION RULES]
[Headless Hollow Rules Summary]

Credits of Chaos
Adam Bloom for his rocking Handtracker site.
FWD for the awesome board app.
Mr.Blarney for the original design of our PbP board.
Rend for the comprehensive OP.
Darian for bringing order to chaos as games manager and our resident rules lawyer.

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here

pesky on

• peskypesky Registered User regular
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ for the Horned Rat (Now with some official rulings):
    Spoiler:

Invitations have been sent; should any of the invitees not respond by Monday, I'll send invites down the signup list until we have five players. Players, please remember to state your preferences for deck, OWCs, and god when you check in here. I personally would vote for expert OWC only as I think it balances out the new upgrades pretty well. But then again I am only the host. *sniff*

• Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    Yes please!

:)

I dont mind about what kind of deck.

Khorne please.

Or maybe HR, but I do not claim to be any good as HR.
    Possibly TZ
    Nurgle I have played enough.
    And I suck at Slaan.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Slaanesh for me
    But if there are a lot of eager players, I can be last priority.

mi-go hunter on
    @mi-go hunter That's strange, you were not one of those I invited. I took the top 5 of the list which was Magic Geek, blahmcblah, admanb, Ardor and Cerberus. Unless you are one of them?

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Oh, I am on no such list. Ignore me then, and carry on!

Sorry about that. Do sign up in this thread so that you get picked up for games.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hey, cool! When I saw I had a PM from pesky, I thought I probably just screwed something up in one of the games I'm hosting, so this is a pleasant surprise. Anyhoo, I'll vote for Morrslieb, mixed OWCs, and a Bloodletter upgrade nerf of some kind (if you put it to a vote).

Oh, and my god preferences: T > N > HR > K > S

blahmcblah on
    Playing: "Caprica" Six in Exodus Game 12 of Battlestar Galactica
    President Romo Lampkin in BSG: Daybreak Game 1
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    S > N > K > T > HR

twitter, github, resume/portfolio, if you like to play or host boardgames online, check out handtracker
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Hell Yes!!!

Do we want to do a HR game with the base cards? Would be interesting, just throwing it out there...
    I am fine with Expert deck, I think it makes the HR a lot more fun.

I'm with Blah on the nerf if the question gets asked...

S>>>T>N>K>HR

@Ardor come in and play!

Votes so far.
    OWC: 1 Expert, 1 Mixed, 2 don't care
    Upgrade cards: 1 Morrslieb, 1 Base, 2 don't care
    Khorne Bloodletter Nerf: 2 for nerf, 0 against nerf, 2 don't care

Please vote for type of nerf:
    A. 1 point per kill
    B. 2 points max per region
    C. Complete nerf, replace with Base upgrade

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I've played Slaan and Khorne now, so I'd like to try a God that isn't one of them.

I think the khorne bloodletter upgrade needs some review as well. I only know the morrslieb cards so I'll probably stick to them. I think it'd be interesting to try the expert OWC deck.

You know, I'd be fine with the khorne playing choosing which nerf from the above options to take prior to the game starting (Magic Geek).

Ardor wrote:
    You know, I'd be fine with the khorne playing choosing which nerf from the above options to take prior to the game starting (Magic Geek).

Me too...

edited February 2012
    OK that leaves us with the following:

Votes
    OWC: 2 Expert, 1 Mixed, 2 don't care
    Upgrade cards: 2 Morrslieb, 1 Base, 2 don't care
    Khorne Bloodletter Nerf: 3 for nerf, 0 against nerf, 2 don't care
    Type of Nerf: 3 to allow Khorne to choose, 2 don't care

The game will be played with Expert OWC only, Morrslieb upgrades and Bloodletter nerf with Khorne deciding.

Power Assignments
    admanb, Ardor, blahmcblah, Cerberus, Magic Geek: 5d100=75, 98, 94, 68, 87
    Khorne (red)-Magic Geek
    Nurgle (limegreen)-Cerberus
    Tzeentch (dodgerblue)-blahmcblah
    Slaanesh (mediumorchid)-admanb
    HR (gray)-Ardor

Magic Geek, please choose from the following nerfs:
    A. 1 point per kill

You have all been added to CitOW Game 67 at the handtracker site. Decks have been shuffled to please proceed to draw your starting 3 cards each. OWC and draw phase will be coming shortly. Good luck to all!

pesky on
    edited February 2012
    Round 1-Old World Phase

game67state02.png

The Horned One's Due - Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in each of Bretonnia and the Empire, or in each of Estalia and Tilea. - Only one Chaos card (rather than two) may be played in any region containing an Event token.

In the interest of time, we will combine the draw phase with this OWC phase.

Things that need to happen (Do not wait for card draws but feel free to do the rest in order or not, your choice):
    1. Magic Geek to decide on the type of nerf
    2. Magic Geek to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    3. Cerberus to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    4. blahmcblah to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    5. admanb to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    6. Ardor to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    7. Ardor to decide which 2 regions to place Event tokens in.
    8. Magic Geek to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    9. Cerberus to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    10. blahmcblah to decide on discarding and then draw up to 5. 5 in hand, 19 or 18 left in deck.
    11. admanb to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    12. Ardor to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.

pesky on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yay, I finally get to play as Tzeentch! Boo, my hand sucks so far! At least we haven't hit Closing the Portal yet. Oh, I guess that'd actually be better for me early rather than late. Bah.

Regardless of the nerf or event token placement, I will discard Transmogrify.

Edit: At least it wasn't Morrslieb Eclipsed!

blahmcblah on
    edited February 2012
    pesky wrote:
    Magic Geek, please choose from the following nerfs:
    A. 1 point per kill

This is hysterical. :)

I got perma-banned from BGG because I argued The Bloodletter Upgrade is broken.
    And here I get forced to choose how I want to nerf it....

I choose D.

I will not play a Bloodletter Upgrade.

Magic Geek on
    Hopefully this shouldn't matter but I thought it was polite to mention it now.

Mid April I get married, so will be away on honeymoon for two weeks. Not sure on activity here during that time.

Bretonnia and Empire please.

Magic Geek wrote:
    This is hysterical. :)

I got perma-banned from BGG because I argued The Bloodletter Upgrade is broken.
    And here I get forced to choose how I want to nerf it....

Didn't you also predict over there that people would stop playing with it online in the near future? :P

Cerberus wrote:

Mid April I get married, so will be away on honeymoon for two weeks. Not sure on activity here during that time.

Yes, hopefully we'll be done before then. Congratulations! I was also honeymooning during my time away from Game 52 back when.

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote:

I'll be watching this, at the least, so if needed I can step in for you when the time comes.

Thank you. Both of you.

cultist to The Empire
    6/7

edited February 2012
    Round 1-Summoning Phase

game67state03.png

Old World Effects
    Spoiler:

Chaos Effects
    Spoiler:

Things that need to happen:
    1. Magic Geek to decide on the type of nerf
    2. Magic Geek to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    3. Cerberus to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    4. blahmcblah to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    5. admanb to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    6. Ardor to draw starting 3 cards. 3 in hand, 21 left in deck.
    7. Ardor to decide which 2 regions to place Event tokens in.
    8. Magic Geek to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    9. Cerberus to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    10. blahmcblah to decide on discarding and then draw up to 5. 5 in hand, 19 or 18 left in deck.
    11. admanb to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.
    12. Ardor to draw 2 cards. 5 in hand, 19 left in deck.

Cerberus is active.

pesky on

I will play this in Tilea...

Virulent Outbreak - 0 - This region is considered Populous. '
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/178/acts/10473

6/6PP

edited February 2012
    Warp Portal in The Empire, sending the Bloodsworn to Norsca. Juuuuust kidding! But seriously, I hear that's what always happens every game, right? Anyway, here's the real play:

Warpstorm in The Empire.

6/6 PP

blahmcblah on
    edited February 2012
    Grrrrrrrr.

When in doubt, ...... What would Chuck Norris do?

Magic Geek on
    Almost 3 games in a row...

@admanb

Saw him post in Dungeon Lords...

Cultist to the Border Princes

5/6 PP

twitter, github, resume/portfolio, if you like to play or host boardgames online, check out handtracker
    Clan rat to Estalia.

5/6PP

Cultist to Kislev

5/7

Warrior to Tilea
    5/6PP

Round 1-Summoning Phase

game67state05.png

Old World Effects
    Spoiler:

Chaos Effects
    Spoiler:

blahmcblah is active.

Bolt of Change in Kislev (to no effect).

6/6 PP

Festival of Sinew to the Border Princes

5/6 PP

Another clan rat to Estalia.

4/6PP.