As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    My humble bundle steam key for eets munchies isn't working, has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. I emailed them and got back a form email immediately saying to restart Steam. It worked after that.

Didn't work, also checked to make sure I didn't need to update steam. Sent them an e-mail asking if there is something else I should try.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    GOOD LORD LOOK AT THIS HUMBLE WEEKLY SALE. Duke Nukem 3d! Shadow Warrior! Serious Sam! System Shock 2! I CANNOT NOT BUY EVERY GAME.

edit: actually I think I'll sit this one out since I own everything off of Steam already except for Serious Sam but still. Wow.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yeah, I have everything but system shock, and I'm not paying $6 for it when it'll be ~$3.50 again during steam sale

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    The new Indie Royale bundle is up, with a twist: everyone subscribed to the IR email got two keys for free. So, give a shout if you use my spare.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    https://indiegamestand.com/

Here's a new site to keep an eye on. A new pay-what-you-want deal every 96 hours. Currently it's Proteus, Steam key included.

Groupees Steampunk Bundle - Includes Steam keys for Jamestown, Greed Corp, Vessel, and Navel Warfare.

Groupees Build a Bundle 7 - Can include Steam keys for Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem 2, Zack Zero, Retrovirus, and Primal Fears.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    That's not new! I've been buying games from Indie Game Stand for months. That's where I got Gimbal, Achtung Panzer: Operation Star, and qrth-phyl! In fact @Mith posted about them in this thread a year ago!

• Options
    Oh, Oops! I misinterpreted this as I skimmed past it.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    New Humble Android Bundle.

I picked it up yesterday and started playing Star Command today. Guys, Star Command alone is worth the price of picking up this bundle. I paid more than the average for all the games, but Star Command is a real gem here. Imagine FTL but on your phone with a few things changed here and there. It is excellent, and you should buy it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    There's a new bundle in town?! At least I've never heard of this one before and it doesn't look bad at all.
    http://flyingbundle.com/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    New Humble Android Bundle.

I picked it up yesterday and started playing Star Command today. Guys, Star Command alone is worth the price of picking up this bundle. I paid more than the average for all the games, but Star Command is a real gem here. Imagine FTL but on your phone with a few things changed here and there. It is excellent, and you should buy it.

Star Command looks awesome. Gotta get this bundle and test it out, it seems.

• Options
    letsmaybelp92letsmaybelp92 Registered User regular
    New Humble Weekly with Kalypso Games

• Options
    letsmaybelp92letsmaybelp92 Registered User regular
    also if you haven't check out the Indie Game Stand store.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Star Command is okay. Once you realize that your ship can never be destroyed a lot of the tension is drained out of the action. I'd been anticipating the iOS version since their first Kickstarter. I wasn't expecting it to live up to my expectations, but it was more anemic than I thought it'd be. They have a good foundation that I hope they expand upon. You'll get your $1's worth, at least.

Punch Quest is the real highlight of that bundle. That's one of my most played iOS games and probably my favorite "runner". Very, very fun and the combat is really satisfying.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Motherfucker, it's never worth it buying indie games in the Steam store cause there'll invariably be som "extended edition" or "director's cut" out in the bundles a couple of months later :[

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah Punch Quest is good (I got it for free from Amazon), buuut I did reach a point where the coins just do not materialise and it starts feeling like a FTP model. Obviously I can't complain since I got it for nothing, so I should whip some money their way for a coin doubler or whatever, but I could understant someone who paid money for it feeling a bit agrieved at it turning into a grind.

That said, the game is good fun and well worth your time.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Check out the Not On Steam sale. Games to look at and perhaps buy:

The Yawhg
    The Sea Will Claim Everything
    Ring Runner

Thosee are just my suggestions - some of the games on this site I haven't heard of, so take a look and tell me if I missed some awesome stuff.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    The Yawhg is pretty interesting.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Let me repeat my advice from the Steam thread - Everyone needs One Finger Death Punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1j0VE6d-xE

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I'd like to warn people off Inescapable. It looks like a pretty decent metroidvania with a story attached, but it's got too many niggles for me to enjoy.

You've got a health bar and, after a few minutes into the game, a suit power bar. The suit power takes enemy damage first, but falling damage goes to health. The first issue I have is that being about 2 hours in, I'm yet to pick up any health or find a way to convert it from suit power. Consequently I've got a single pixel of health (the game spawns you as you were upon entering the room when you die) because I've accrued a games worth of falling damage and one more platforming mistake is enough to be lethal.

And the flying enemies, oh my God the flying enemies. It's bad enough that your default weapon can only shoot straight and the flying enemies attack in random patterns, but they'll also spawn in at the most frustrating times. One particular section spawned two of them while I was on a ladder, unable to attack them. Jumping on a nearby small platform provided little opportunity to attack (they can move through walls), jumping to the base of the ladder resulted in falling damage death, and climbing down the ladder turned you into a sitting duck. Later I picked up another weapon that spreads an additional 2 shots at 45 degree angles spreader gun style, but each shot takes a decent chunk out of your suit power so its risky.

The rest of the enemy design is unimaginative as well, just variations on the same looking, shuffling alien. The ambient music is almost non-existent too.

Life is a bit too short for a game like this, there're a multitude of alternatives that either have more satisfying platforming, shooting and/or story.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Let me repeat my advice from the Steam thread - Everyone needs One Finger Death Punch.

I picked it up and have been really happy with it so far. It seems like a button-mashing beat 'em up at first glance, but it's actually a rhythm game in disguise. You control the gameplay completely by clicking the left or right mouse buttons. Each click is a single punch or kick. It's deceptively simple to learn but difficult to master.

So you'll have two grey enemies coming at you from the left, that take one hit each, but also on the right is a blue enemy. The blue enemies take two hits, but after the first hit they dodge to the opposite side. So they're a right-left or left-right combo depending on which direction they come from. So in that situation you could do left (kill a grey guy), right (punch the blue guy who dodges left), then left and left again to finish off the blue guy and kill the other grey guy. Multiply that by 80+ enemies in a single level, often with 10+ on the screen at once and it gets really hectic and crazy, but always seems under control as long as you have that rhythm and can parse the information on the enemies. Add onto that the weapons, special powers, miniboss enemies and lots of other stuff and there's just tons of content.

There are around 250 levels to play, and lots of them have special conditions and rules to mix things up (lightsaber battles!). At $0.99 on Desura it's a total steal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Check out the Not On Steam sale. Games to look at and perhaps buy:

The Yawhg
    The Sea Will Claim Everything
    Ring Runner

Thosee are just my suggestions - some of the games on this site I haven't heard of, so take a look and tell me if I missed some awesome stuff.

I can affirm that Ring Runner is pretty boss.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    New Indie Gale. It has Gorky 17, Two Worlds II, Crusader Kings II, Fairy Bloom Freesia, some other games, plus stuff that unlocks later. Might be worth checking out.

• Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    http://steamdb.info/sub/33130/#section_apps
    http://steamdb.info/sub/33192/#section_apps
    looks like tomorrow's humble weekly is hothead games, including Rain-Slick Precipice 1 & 2

• Options
    there's a new game music bundle up - halloween/horror themed

• Options
    This bundle is worth it for just IL-2 1946 alone. But if you fucking love trucks and trains and shit, check it out too.

• Options
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    This bundle is worth it for just IL-2 1946 alone. But if you fucking love trucks and trains and shit, check it out too.

GT Legends is a fantastic driving sim as well. Any time I bother setting up my racing cockpit I be sure to jump into an old '60s Mustang, go to Spa Francorchamp for 20 laps and fill the rest of the grid with cars from that time period (up to 24!). Fighting your way from the back to finish a solid 5th has never felt so good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the music bundle I linked a few days ago has added the Gone Home soundtrack and a few others

• Options
    edited November 2013
    GoG is running a promo where you donate $5 to one of 3 charities and get 3 games from this list:
    Walking Mars
    Botanicula
    Incredipede
    Driftmoon
    The Whispered World
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    FTL
    Darwinia
    PID
    Creatures Village

the Groupees Be Mine X bundle starts tonight with:
    Electronic Super Joy (has cards)
    Last Knight
    Shelter
    Call of Juarez (has cards that are relatively high priced)
    Legends of Dawn
    Face Noir (has cards)
    Finding Teddy

and finally, it's not really indie, but there's a WB Games humble bundle with:
    $1 for:
    Arkham Asylum GOTY
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    FEAR 2
    FEAR 3

& beat the average (currently $4.50) for:
    Arkham City GOTY
    Scribblenauts Unlimited

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Tower of Guns is pay what you want over at IndieGameStand.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Pinball FX2 for the new Humble Weekly. What's the consensus on the Marvel Pinball FX tables beyond the original tables? And the Star Wars tables? I've already played the original Marvel pack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    The Star Wars tables are really good, I haven't sunk my teeth into the Marvel tables that much yet.

• Options
    I haven't played them yet, but iirc the 2nd marvel pack was very well regarded

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    How are the keys structured in the Humble Bundle for PinballFX2?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    one for the base, one for the >$6 tier

• Options
    indiegamestand has Papo & Yo pwyw starting at a dollar

• Options
    Pretty huge game music bundle. Some cool stuff there, like Kentucky Route Zero, Thirty Flights of Loving, and Famaze.

• Options
    Presumably everyone knows about the latest Humble Bundle but if you don't, there's some really dope stuff in there.