As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    That main event was great. Breezy chose the wrong night to call Punk a bad wrestler.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    His head looks way too big for his body

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I mean if they're gonna have an NBA on TNT guy main event it has to be Barkley anyway, right?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hogan & Piper were 44 & 43 when they had Age In A Cage. HHH & Undertaker will be 42 & 46 for No-Sell In The Cell.

I love Maffew to death but comparing Age in the Cage to HiaC at Mania 28 isn't fair in the least.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So someone summarize Super Smackdown for me cause I was working

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:

Teddy Long does not like Johnny Ace

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, so I've been procrastinating about this, but it's time I got it done.

I need a better banner for Hidden Highlights. The one I have right now is pretty terrible (and shows off the range of my photoshop skills). So if anyone would like to make me a better one, that would be great. I'll even throw in a thank you message under the banner for as long as I keep it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    QuickSnap wrote:
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, then maybe you can hire...

tumblr_lzod40kQwY1qdup1xo1_500.jpg

ace = hannibal
    christian = murdock
    del rio = face
    henry = b.a.

someone get creative on it

smYvI.jpg

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hey look the WWE, after a two month fallow period, finally found a crowd that doesn't completely fucking suck.

Crowd reaction really made that opening promo.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes that's how you book a finish that makes both your champions look strong and advances a storyline.

I mean, fuck me, that main event was superb from every angle. It didn't have a single weak aspect.

The only thing that could have improved it was for the ref to go back to the ring to announce the decision as Booker went, "Oh man we're out of time" before the winner was declared.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    @WWERawGM wrote:
    I don't always agree with @CMPunk. But when I do, it's probably about @chrisbrown.

The best thing about Johnny Ace and David Otunga isn't that I don't know when I switched from hating to loving them, but that I never wanna go back to those dark times.
    Shaq vs. Sett-Ra at Wrestlemania 29

But he won't even be able to make it past Beast!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Bob Sapp for Wrestlemania!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I swear to God, if this Punk/Brown Twitter feud leads to Chris Brown showing up at Wrestlemania, I'm not ordering Wrestlemania

I refuse to support anything involving that assbag. I let the Grammys off the hook because of the Foo Fighters' perfection at everything. But I won't let this slide.

The only redeeming quality a WM appearance from that shithead is that there is a slight possibility (.001%) that he gets the absolute hell kicked out of him. But that's not a big enough chance.
    No way is he appearing, I'm pretty sure WWE have just realised that they can get some easy publicity by trolling the crap out of him. And it's working.
    Hullis wrote:

Match of the year contender, Otunga win, Johnny Ace, good crowd and no Natalya farting. Smackdown's usually better than Raw anyway but this one was fantastic.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    @WWERawGM wrote:
    I don't always agree with @CMPunk. But when I do, it's probably about @chrisbrown.

:^:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I missed out on the main event.

Should I give it a watch?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yes.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I would buy the best of smackdown 2012 just for that match.

It gives me hope that we could actually see a Punk/Bryan main event at Mania in the next few years.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Would WWE actually draft Bryan to RAW and have him feud with Punk for the WWE Championship? A year ago that would've sounded insane but now it's a legit possiblity.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Match of the year contender, Otunga win, Johnny Ace, good crowd and no Natalya farting. Smackdown's usually better than Raw anyway but this one was fantastic.

When did this become a good thing? I still can't stand Otunga in the ring.

I want to say bad things about SD, but Punk/Bryan was just so good...

• Options
    Otunga has developed a good persona so he deserves a couple wins just for that.

As far as actual wrestling ability, he was total shit a year ago, now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's improved a bit until I see him in a match that lasts longer than three minutes.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm willing to bet several dollars that the poses Otunga does in ring after a victory are the same poses he does while having sex a la Patrick Bateman.

I would like to see Sheamus win the WHT and have that lead to Bryan going for the WWE title. I'll be honest, I don't know how the contender status works and if that's possible.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Re: Otunga vs. Zeke

I think I would've liked a Zeke win, just to give Otunga a rival for a bit longer, maybe turn it into a best of three situation. Also, Zeke is supposed to be big and powerful; Otunga basically squashed him two nights in a row - why do that?

kingworks on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Everything Otunga does outside the ring is fantastic (his gimmick, the Grammy's and the pro bono case he took before the Rumble) and his ring skills have improved quite a bit (though still needs a lot more work obviously) so I'm happy to see him get rewarded for that. I doubt he'll ever improve enough to rise out of the midcard but he can still carve out a decent niche in it.

Edit: Oh and I forgot one thing in that Smackdown wrapup, Cody Rhodes' hilarious Big Show video.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I've seen less dimples on a golf ball!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote:
    I'm willing to bet several dollars that the poses Otunga does in ring after a victory are the same poses he does while having sex a la Patrick Bateman.

I would like to see Sheamus win the WHT and have that lead to Bryan going for the WWE title. I'll be honest, I don't know how the contender status works and if that's possible.

Sheamus could win at WM and then Bryan could get drafted to RAW.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Teddy Long wrote:
    Since @WWERawGM did MY dance on MY show, next week, I'm gonna be on #Raw making declarations in a husky monotone. Eye for an eye, playa.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    So I guess they're setting Teddy vs. Johnny for Mania? Maybe for the MitB?

Whatever they do it'll be 100x better than Cole last year.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I really don't want to see Teddy Long and Johnny Ace in a Money In The Bank match...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Well not in it....

But they could each select 3 or 4 guys from their brand to compete in it or something, I dunno.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Santino's gonna blow Miami up when he wins MitB.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote:
    Santino's gonna blow Miami up when he wins MitB.

If they have a MITB match at Mania, and Santino is in it, and he wins

You'll hear the ovation from space

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    It'll be a good buildup before Cena beats the Rock and sends everyone home pissed.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Surely it will be Otunga vs Santino.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Surely it will be Otunga vs Santino.

It better be Santino vs. Otunga.

• Options
    WWE has yet to have Kharma reappear following her Royal Rumble surprise because she has yet to recover fully from giving birth and isn't ready top work a full schedule. The Royal Rumble appearance was worked in because Creative believed it would be an unexpected story.

• Options
    WWE has yet to have Kharma reappear following her Royal Rumble surprise because she has yet to recover fully from giving birth and isn't ready top work a full schedule. The Royal Rumble appearance was worked in because Creative believed it would be an unexpected story.

Despite me (and most everyone else I guess) wanting her to come back as quickly as possible, she can take all the time she needs to fully recover.

And going completely in the other direction, New Jack apparently beat the shit out of Brian Knobbs backstage at an indy show for being disrespectfull to him. Knobbs was reportedly drunk as all hell.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well as long as she has your permission

• Options
    Oh that's cute

Acting like New Jack needs any reason to be a complete ass towards others

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    We should just be happy he did it backstage and didn't cut somebody open in the ring again.

This discussion has been closed.