As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] Game 3 - This war is over (admanb WINS)

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Critical Failures
Game 3

Welcome to the maze.
Turns HAVE STARTED. Get your counter-spell orders in now.

READ. THE. RULES.

And the FAQ.

Some changes to the above to make it playable over a forum
Counter-Spells - Because no one wants to have to wait for everyone to say whether or not they will counter any given spell by another player, all players will instead queue up their counter/reaction spells with conditions. For example, if I had a Full Shield (Counter any spell targeting me) in my hand I could queue it up by saying "Cast only if someone targets me with an attack that does damage" or "Cast if someone targets me with any spell" or "Cast if someone targets me with [specific spell]". These conditions can be as specific, multi-tiered, and creative as you want them to be. These should be PM'd to me once you get your starting hand/draw new cards and can be changed whenever and as often as you like. If you don't set anything up for your counter-spells, they just simply won't get played when its not your turn.

Turns - Turns will also be PM'd to me. You will have 24 hours after the previous player turn is posted for you to PM me your turn (this may change based on various factors or majority player demand). Your PM will contain the exact movement and timing of all the castings of your spells. Because there are counter-spells, however, if something gets countered in the middle of your turn, then it gets countered and your turn will continue on. In order to account for this, you can put conditionals in your turn order. For example, "Move down, Cast Lightning Bolt targeting Red Wizard. If lightning bolt is countered, then transform into Gnome and move Up, Up. If lightning bolt is not countered, then cast Fire Wall on right side of A-4 and move Up, Up." These can be as complicated or as simple as you want/need them to be.

Communication - All communication should be done in this thread. No PMs. Absolutely no sharing direct information about your cards.

READ. THE. RULES.
If you need clarification on any rules or cards, send me a PM.

The Current Maze Status:
Game3-21.png

Player Status and Turn Order:

Wolf of Dresden
VP - 1
Life - 16
Cards in Hand - 4
Sustained Spells/Held Items:
Lifestone - Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed
Bloodshard | Item | Self | Permanent | Trinket : While carrying this item, reduce the damage by 1 each time you suffer damage from a source

naked admanb WINS
VP - 2 (1 from killing Yellow)
Life - 9
Cards in Hand- 3
Powerstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you increase the energy value of all Magic cards you play to boost your speed or spells by 1. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.

blahmcblah torn apart by psychic energy

Good Luck!

ObiFett on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just realized that maybe I wasn't totally clear, but you control the wizard that is the same color as your name in the OP.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I'm finally reading the rules. I go last though, so I figure I have time.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, you should have some time.

@Wolf_of_Dresden has until Midnight EST tomorrow to make his turn. Then admanb gets another 24 hours.

But then again, it could be suddenly become like the other games where they have already had multiple turns.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    I'm finally reading the rules. I go last though, so I figure I have time.

This game has rules??

shit

• Options
    edited February 2012
    After taking their customary post-teleportation nap, the three wizards of this maze finally get up and check out their surroundings.

Wolf of Dresden did not sleep well on the stone floor and decides he needs a refresher. He quickly summons a LifeStone and then heads in a random direction to check out whats going on. He find a treasure the same color as his robes and decides to take another nap all cuddled up to his Lifestone.

actual orders:
    Move to Blue G6.
    Cast Lifestone.
    Draw my 2 cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-2.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 6
    Lifestone - Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

admanb <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 5

blahmcblah
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 5

admanb feels a surge of magical energy originating from somewhere else in this strange maze. He springs to action

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    admanb decides to move away from the source of the magical energy and walk through a foreign portal. Considering portals can lead anywhere (like the underworld, directly into space, etc), this was a bold and exciting decision. Boringly, he comes out looking at yet another stone wall.

actual orders:
    Move through the portal to C5.
    Draw two cards.

updated map and players:
    Game3-3.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 6

admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 7

blahmcblah <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 5

blahmcblah hears the resounding pop of something going through a portal. "I hope whatever that was that went through a blind portal ends up stuck in a mountain", he thinks to himself, "time to figure out whats in this maze besides deathtrap portals"...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    blahmcblah heads around the corner to try and find the source of the "ponk" sound that he just heard on the other side of the wall. Normally that sound means something has just come through a portal. blahmcblah is not fond of any intruders this close to his starting area.

actual orders:
    Move right, down, left.
    Draw two cards.

updated map and players:
    Game3-4.png

Wolf of Dresden <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 6

admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 7

blahmcblah
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 7

Wolf of Dresden wakes up to the sounds of portals and movement. Time to check it out... Or maybe take another nap.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wolf of Dresden feels rejuvenated by his lifestone and decides to actually expend some energy. He boosts to gain some ground and checks out the long hallway in front of him.

actual orders:
    I play Gnome Form for energy to boost my movement points by 2.
    I will then move to Green J4.
    Draw one card

updated map and players:
    Game3-5.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 16
    Cards in Hand - 6

admanb <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 7

blahmcblah
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 7

admanb is getting increasingly worried by the seemingly empty maze he has experienced so far. Did he accidentally misfire an imprison spell and he just doesn't remember it?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    admanb prepares to deal with whatever is on the other side of the yellow door and summons a Boomstone in one hand while he picks the lock with his incredibly long and weirdly skinny fingernails on the other hand. Then admanb busts through the once locked door and looks for trouble. He goes no more than two step before he eyes his target: a treasure with a very surprised yellow wizard behind it. admanb jumps on top of the treasure, turns into a Werewolf (destroying his robes), and then throws the boomstone at the yellow wizard. Werewolf admanb could barely make out the increasingly surprised look on the yellow wizard's face right before his target took the full explosion of the boomstone square in the groin. Yellow wizard doubles over in pain as Werewolf admanb grabs the yellow treasure and howls.

actual orders:
    Pick Lock on the door next to me.
    Equip the Boomstone.
    Boomstone | Item | LOS | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may throw Boomstone as an attack at a target object or wizard for 4 magical damage. Afterwards discard boomstone. If you suffer any fire damage all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed and you suffer 4 damage if boomstone is destroyed this way. | 0
    Move down, right.
    Cast Werewolf Form.
    Throw the Boomstone at yellow.
    Grab the treasure.
    Draw two cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-6.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 16
    Cards in Hand - 6

Werewolf admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Werewolf Form | Permanent | Transform yourself or target creature into a werewolf. Its base move is now 4. A werefolf's punches inflict physical damage equal to the result of a die roll. Werewolves can only cast counter spells.
    Yellow Treasure

VP - 0
    Life - 11
    Cards in Hand - 7

blahmcblah can't believe that just happened. First priority, make sure balls aren't on fire. Second priority, revenge.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Looks like you gave the treasure to the wolf instead of the werewolf.

• Options
    hah! easy mistake, right?

Thanks for the heads up, fixed.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Revenge is overrated.

• Options
    I think running from the terrifying hellbeast makes more sense.

• Options
    Agreed.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Luckily, blahmcblah peed his pants during that last encounter and that prevented his crotch from staying on fire. First priority, complete. Second priority, revenge get away from the scary thing that almost burnt his dick off. blahmcblah boosts and comes face to face with a wall, like that was going to stop him from getting away. His fear overrides the common sense sectors of his brain as he tries to EAT THE WALL rather than go around it. Like Kobayashi in front of a plate of little smokies, blahmcblah makes short work of the wall and actually feels a little stronger afterwards. Even more fortunate, the wall was hiding a treasure that blahmcblah picks up

actual orders:
    Boost movement with Drop Object.
    Move to F7.
    Cast Wallivore to eat wall at F7/G7 (om nom nom). (Gain two life)
    Move to G6.
    Pick up blue treasure.
    Draw 2 cards.

updated map and players:
    Game3-7.png

VP - 0
    Life - 16
    Cards in Hand - 6

Werewolf admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Werewolf Form | Permanent | Transform yourself or target creature into a werewolf. Its base move is now 4. A werefolf's punches inflict physical damage equal to the result of a die roll. Werewolves can only cast counter spells.
    Yellow Treasure

blahmcblah
    VP - 0
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand - 7
    Blue Treasure

Wolf of Dresden knows he needs to step up his spellcasting after hearing a werewolf and the sounds of something eating a wall...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wolf of Dresden does not like people pretending they are wolves when they are not and immediately Dispels the transformed werewolf back into a cold, shivering, naked wizard. Wolf of Dresden then boosts around the corner hoping for something good. And he finally finds something useful: a treasure. He picks up the green treasure.

actual orders:
    Gain 1 life (Lifestone)
    Cast dispel on the werewolf because people shouldn't pretend to be wolves when they're not.
    Discard meditate for +3 energy, raising MP to 6 and move to Green I1,
    picking up the treasure.
    Draw 2 cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-8.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 17
    Cards in Hand - 6
    Green Treasure

Naked admanb <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Yellow Treasure

blahmcblah
    VP - 0
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand - 7
    Blue Treasure

Naked admanb really wishes he hadn't torn his clothes by turning into a werewolf now...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I love how we're all carrying the treasure of the wizard who isn't carrying our treasure. :P

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I love how we're all carrying the treasure of the wizard who isn't carrying our treasure. :P
    Unamerican pinko commie wizards are sharing the wealth!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Naked admanb is really cold so he surrounds himself with rock and turns into a Golem. He stomps through the maze back to his starting spot.

actual orders:
    Use Energy(5) to boost.
    Cast Golem Form.
    Golem Form | Neutral | Temporary (1 energy left) | Transform yourself or target creature into a golem. Golem's base move is 2, its punches inflict 2 physical damage, and all damage dealt to a golem is reduced by 2. Golem may only cast counter spells. Picking up a treasure costs 1 movement point instead of ending a golem's turn.
    Move to H5.
    Draw two cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-9.png

Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 17
    Cards in Hand - 6
    Green Treasure

Golem admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Yellow Treasure
    Golem Form | Neutral | Temporary (1 energy left) | Transform yourself or target creature into a golem. Golem's base move is 2, its punches inflict 2 physical damage, and all damage dealt to a golem is reduced by 2. Golem may only cast counter spells. Picking up a treasure costs 1 movement point instead of ending a golem's turn.

VP - 0
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand - 7
    Blue Treasure

blahmcblah is still full from eating an entire stone wall...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Omg best golem form!

• Options
    Golem golem. Golem. Golem golem golem.

• Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think green just isn't content to be human.

• Options
    I'm starting to think green just isn't content to be human.

GOLEM GOLEM

• Options
    Half my orders are in (will be explained), but I think Obi is probably busy with, like, real life stuff. I guess he's allowed to take a break every so often.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    blahmcblah heads straight ahead and throws his Universal Solvent at the wall to his left. As the wall melts away and the yellow glyph becomes visible, a smile begins to form on his face. He casts Stretch on his arms and they instantly fly forward and allow him to drop his treasure where it needs to be.

A booming voice echoes through the maze, "YELLOW has secured BLUE'S TREASURE. YELLOW has been awarded a VICTORY POINT!"

blahmcblah takes a quick moment to meditate on what he should do next and it comes to him in a flash. He creates a Spellstone and boosts to where he has deduced the next treasure should be and there is it, another Blue Treasure. He feels out for any other entities nearby and senses a rock creature, a quick Mental Forcepush and he puts some distance between him and the Golem. He pulls Null powder out of his pocket in case of any retaliation and picks up the treasure.

actual orders:
    Move to G7.
    Throw Universal Solvent at wall at C7/D7.
    Universal Solvent | Item | LOS | Permanent | Thrown Weapon : While carrying this item, you may throw this clear acid during your turn at any target object (except treasure). This is not an attack. Both the target and Universal Solvent are destroyed.
    Use stretchy arms to drop treasure on C7 (starting space).
    Stretch | Neutral/Attack | Self | Instant | Stretch your arms like taffy. You may pick up any 1 uncarried item or treasure in your LOS. Picking up objects still costs movement points and picking up a treasure still ends your turn. OR Drop 1 item or treasure you are carrying in any square in your LOS. OR As an attack, punch any target in your LOS
    Meditate
    Meditate | Neutral | Self | Instant | Draw 3 cards and then discard back down to your maximum hand size. This does not end your turn.
    Equip Spellstone.
    Spellstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Discard Add(3) to boost movement.
    Move to I8.
    Cast Mental Force to move the Golem to J4
    Mental Force | Attack | Any | Instant | Force target wizard to move up to a number of squares equal to this spell's energy plus 3. The target moves as normal, per your direction
    Cast Null Powder
    Null Powder | Item | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.
    Pick up blue treasure.
    Discard Create Wall.
    Draw 3 cards.

updated map and players:
    Game3-10.png

VP - 0
    Life - 17
    Cards in Hand - 6
    Green Treasure

Golem admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Yellow Treasure

blahmcblah
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Null Powder | Item | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.
    Spellstone | Item | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Blue Treasure

Wolf of Dresden heard the announcement and senses another one of this charges being taken almost simultaneously. Yellow couldn't have grabbed another treasure already, did he?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    FYI, you two. Best way to prevent someone from winning is to take back one of their Victory Points...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    Does yellow have the null powder out? Just asking because it wasn't in his orders.

• Options
    Yeah it was in his order, just a different PM that I forgot to c/p. I'll put it in now.

• Options
    ITT I learn that walls are objects.

• Options
    Darian wrote: »
    ITT I learn that walls are objects.

Cahrap. Are they not?

Checking out the rules now...

• Options
    Yeah, walls are objects.

Whew, thought I made a giant mistake.

• Options
    Oh, they are. I just didn't know it.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wolf of Dresden heard the announcement and is not happy. He immediately teleports smack dab in front of blahmcblah. Wolf of Dresden quickly summons a Boomstone and throws it at his yellow foe. blahmcblah mutters an incomprehensible language right before being engulfed in magical energy from the attack. The instant the explosion happens, however, Wolf of Dresden feels an immense magical pain all over his body. Not quite sure what happened, Wolf of Dresden goes into full defensive mode and turns his body into mist.

actual orders:
    Gain 1 life
    Teleport to Blue H8.
    Create and throw Boomstone at Yellow for 4 damage.
    Boomstone | Item | LOS | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may throw Boomstone as an attack at a target object or wizard for 4 magical damage. Afterwards discard boomstone. If you suffer any fire damage all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed and you suffer 4 damage if boomstone is destroyed this way.
    Yellow Counters with Pain Link, Blue takes 4 damage
    Pain Link | Neutral/Counter | Self | Temporary (1 energy) | While this spell lasts, all damage dealt to you by a wizard or creature's attack is also inflicted on that wizard or creature. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. When being attacked, you may cast this spell on yourself as a counter
    Play Mist Body
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Temporary (1 energy) | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.
    Draw two cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-11.png

The Mist of Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 14
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Mist Body | Neutral | Temporary (1 energy left) | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.
    Green Treasure

Golem admanb <-Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Yellow Treasure

blahmcblah
    VP - 1
    Life - 9
    Cards in Hand - 4
    Spellstone | Item | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw 1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Pain Link | Neutral/Counter | Temporary (1 energy) | While this spell lasts, all damage dealt to you by a wizard or creature's attack is also inflicted on that wizard or creature. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. When being attacked, you may cast this spell on yourself as a counter
    Blue Treasure

Golem admanb is very unhappy about being pushed around...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    But he should be happy! I pushed him closer to his home space! I think I'm probably gonna die soon and join GtC in The Pit. Which strangely does not make me very sad.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Golem admanb dropped golem form and immediately regretted it. He looked down and sure enough, he was naked and completely covered in scabs. The spellbooks didn't lie when they said going from stone to flesh had an uncomfortable intermediary step. "Welp, this is gonna hurt". He boosted and ran down the hall screaming the entire way while summoning a boomstone. If he was going to hurt, so was someone else. After what felt like an eternity running and screaming in pain, scab-covered admanb came across his first target and immediately threw the boomstone at the yellow wizard. No sooner than he threw it, he noticed the faint aura of a pain link and immediately threw up a shield to prevent the inevitable rebound damage.

actual orders:
    Drop Golem form.
    Boost with Energy(4).
    Equip Boomstone.
    Boomstone | Item | LOS | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may throw Boomstone as an attack at a target object or wizard for 4 magical damage. Afterwards discard boomstone. If you suffer any fire damage all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed and you suffer 4 damage if boomstone is destroyed this way.
    Move to I6.
    Throw Boomstone at yellow (4 damage)
    Triggers Yellow Pain Link, Blue takes 4 damage
    Pain Link | Neutral/Counter | Self | Temporary (1 energy) | While this spell lasts, all damage dealt to you by a wizard or creature's attack is also inflicted on that wizard or creature. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. When being attacked, you may cast this spell on yourself as a counter
    Spend Shield to counter Pain Link damage (take 1 damage).
    Shield | Counter | Self | Instant | Reduce damage being dealt to you from a single source by this spell's energy plus 2.
    Draw two cards

updated map and players:
    Game3-12.png

The Mist of Wolf of Dresden
    VP - 0
    Life - 14
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Mist Body | Neutral | Temporary (1 energy left) | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.
    Green Treasure

scab-covered [/b]admanb
    VP - 0
    Life - 14
    Cards in Hand- 6
    Yellow Treasure

VP - 1
    Life - 5
    Cards in Hand - 4
    Spellstone | Item | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw 1 extra card each turn, although you still may not exceed your maximum hand size. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Pain Link | Neutral/Counter | Temporary (1 energy) | While this spell lasts, all damage dealt to you by a wizard or creature's attack is also inflicted on that wizard or creature. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. When being attacked, you may cast this spell on yourself as a counter
    Blue Treasure

blahmcblah had two separate... things ... throw magical exploding stones at him within moments. What. The. Hell.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    How did the shield block 3 damage from the pain link? I am confused. Anyway, orders in.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Shield blocks the spell's energy (default is 1 if not boosted) +2; so an unboosted shield will block 3 damage.

edit: Unless you mean how did the shield work against a Pain Link, in which case the answer is magic.
    Maybe it was a mental shield?

Darian on
  • Options
    But doesn't that mean Fire Dart should do 2 and I should've been able to push him 4 spaces with Mental Force?

• Options
    Yes, Mental Force is up to 4 squares. Fire Dart says "equal to this spell's energy", so the default there is just 1.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh, well then I guess I should've pushed green another space. And also read more stuff. But I should probably be dead soon anyway and then won't have to worry about all that nonsense. Oh, right, I guess then there's The Pit to get confused with next.

blahmcblah on