Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

1192022242599

Posts

  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User
    I'm pretty pissed about the ME3 DLC content situation. EA already charges 10 dollars more for PC games than virtually anybody else. On top of that, they have a "special" edition for 20 extra bucks so you can get the really really extra bits.

    I'm A-OK with DLC content to incentivize people buying a game new, but this is just complete shitdrudgery. I know it's an amazing content, but games should ship with the content that's ready, not nickel-and-dime folks with a million separate pieces of it. The way the DLC is being handled is a major factor in why I'm wondering if I should even bother with ME3 at all; Skyrim has a shitload more content than ME1 and ME2 put together for the same price as ME3.

    The only thing this preorder DLC (or ME3 DLC in general) shit is doing to me is encouraging me to either skip ME3 until it ends up on sale on Amazon or just not finish the series at all. There's no way in hell I'm paying extra for game content that is held out of the game for wholly abitrary reasons and could easily be part of the release at this point.

    Claiming Skyrim has more content than ME1+ME2 combined is such an alien viewpoint as to make conversation almost impossible. All I can say is that if you prefer endlessly repeatable, randomly generated "go here, do x" quests to creative, imagined worlds filled with memorable characters and dialogue...why are you even in the Mass Effect thread? "Content" isn't something that can be measured in hours, and a statement like yours reveals a clear disdain for the IP.

    DolphinMechSig.jpg
  • finnithfinnith Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Spoiler:

    finnith on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Finnith, I'm not sure how much it matters since it's been incidentally revealed several times, but you should probably still spoiler that.
    If it's ready by the time the game comes out, and more is charged for it, then it's part of the game they deliberately decided to not ship

    Anything the dev team works on in the month after it goes gold and the time leading up to that in which no new content is added to the main package while bugs are ironed out is cut content? Tell me more.

    I'm not even basing my argument on that because I don't think that's an exclusive condition, because you know what most of this non-trivial early DLC would be if it wasn't DLC? It would be nothing, because the base game is the base game. Your assumptions otherwise in spite of developer commentary or reason are not fact.

    SoundsPlush on
    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    wilting wrote: »
    Personally I enjoy both the Bioware and Bethesda model of RPGs and really don't care about this dlc debate. If you want it buy it, if you don't, don't.

    NO! THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PAGES OF THIS YET. DAY ONE DLC IS A RACKET.

    lol.

    At this point, I'm just happy that the argument has moved beyond the thought that any DLC content is stuff cut from the game.



    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Sebastian for DA2.

    I'm ok with this.
    ugh sebastian is such a cock up
    on the one hand he is super super super relevant to the entire plot of the chantry in DA2
    on the other hand his specific missions are terrible and basically not worth it

    good example of a character that should not have been DLC as it makes less sense and the game suffers because of it

    camo_sig2.png
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak Registered User
    edited February 2012
    I hope the DLC sucks (chances are it will, heh), so I don't have to bother with it

    Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty pissed

    Surprise, surprise.

    Hey. You shut up.

    I wouldn't be griping about it at all if the extra character/mission was a preorder bonus; I'd much rather companies incentivize purchasing new instead of trying to keep anybody from buying used and something like that sits fine with me. But charging twenty bucks extra for a bunch of dinky content and a character or ten bucks for an extra character is just... dumb. There's just no good reason there for anybody to buy either of those versions, especially since the quality of DLC content is so erratic.

    Oh, I also thought the Collector's Edition was a really sweet deal until I found out that the promised N7 hoodie is just something to use in-game. If somebody wants me to plonk down 20 extra bucks on a game, I'd better get something more to show for it than something a couple of devs could knock together in a couple of days.

    PAJoe_zpsc20d21e8.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Social Justice Vanguard of Your Destruction Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Cambiata on
    -Tal wrote:
    If you don't develop Stockholm Syndrome, it's not a real RPG.
    Steam
    Origin ID: jazzmess
    Wishlist
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    you're paying S&H for things with free S&H?

    A near definite date of delivery is why I don't goof around with Super Saver Shipping. I don't have the patience/tolerance for any package I order to play "Missed Delivery" tag, be stolen, damaged, or left simply left outside... So, yeah. I pay for S&H. The cost is peanuts vs that agitation.

    Amazon.com has release-date delivery for $1.00.

    And that, friends, is why I always buy new games that I care about recieving on release date from Amazon.

    Release-date delivery is free with Amazon Prime! But, S&H was just the one detail that hardtarget chose to focus on in my response to him about just dropping 80 bucks on the CE for the tiny artbook and other stuff vs. 96 (game, artbook he linked, DAY ONE DLC) + however much more the extra stuff would cost when (if) it were released.

    For an artbook that I'm only really going to look at on the john.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    There's just no good reason there for anybody to buy either of those versions, especially since the quality of DLC content is so erratic.

    Then no one will buy them, and all tragedies will be averted.

    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • VicktorVicktor Registered User regular
    Mukk wrote: »
    Vicktor wrote:
    It feels greedy.

    Big companies greedy? Never.

    Think about it this way -- the DLC is very much worth the $10 or $20 now, isn't it? Think of the value you get for your money! I think we should actually be thanking Bioware for offering such a good deal in this age of horse armor DLC and shit.
    They have plenty of horse armor at premium prices for ME2.

    But yeah, it's a deep hole when one starts talking about value of products and greed, etc... The fact is that others in the industry can produce polished PC games complete for less than EA and provide better service and feedback to the customer (for now, I have hopes that Origin will get better). Dragon Age is a good example of an expensive mediocre game. The ME franchise has been a real shining star and I'd say is 'worth it'. I mean, ME3 looks to be a very polished game and the multiplayer is damn compelling by itself.

    I just think it's poor marketing on their part. But one could argue that EA's reputaion can't exactly get *worse* so they might as well see how far they can get. ;)

    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If somebody wants me to plonk down 20 extra bucks on a game, I'd better get something more to show for it than something a couple of devs could knock together in a couple of days.

    You think they're going to stuff a hoodie they're selling for what, $60-70 into the CE box for $20 extra, on top of the print, the model, and the special case as well as the DLC? Can I have some of what you're smoking please?

    Orca on
    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Well, to be fair there was never an "ultimate" edition of either ME or ME2. Granted ME only had 2 DLC's and only one was really worth it. ME2 had a ton and the only reason I ignore it every sale it's $5 on the PC is because of the $50 of DLC there is that doesn't come with it and isn't on sale.

    I'm not saying this to take any sides, just pointing it out.

    Personally I'm a consumer whore and will buy it all.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    Oh, I also thought the Collector's Edition was a really sweet deal until I found out that the promised N7 hoodie is just something to use in-game.
    this made me literally LOL
    have you seen the hoodie prices on the bioware store?

    camo_sig2.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Sebastian for DA2.

    I'm ok with this.
    ugh sebastian is such a cock up
    on the one hand he is super super super relevant to the entire plot of the chantry in DA2
    on the other hand his specific missions are terrible and basically not worth it

    good example of a character that should not have been DLC as it makes less sense and the game suffers because of it

    It does not. We just get get a little more dialogue with a side character telling us things we already know.

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    you're paying S&H for things with free S&H?

    A near definite date of delivery is why I don't goof around with Super Saver Shipping. I don't have the patience/tolerance for any package I order to play "Missed Delivery" tag, be stolen, damaged, or left simply left outside... So, yeah. I pay for S&H. The cost is peanuts vs that agitation.

    Amazon.com has release-date delivery for $1.00.

    And that, friends, is why I always buy new games that I care about recieving on release date from Amazon.

    Release-date delivery is free with Amazon Prime! But, S&H was just the one detail that hardtarget chose to focus on in my response to him about just dropping 80 bucks on the CE for the tiny artbook and other stuff vs. 96 (game, artbook he linked, DAY ONE DLC) + however much more the extra stuff would cost when (if) it were released.

    For an artbook that I'm only really going to look at on the john.
    hey hey hey
    my point was NOT to spend the extra money on the CE and instead buy the DLC normally and if you want a art book then to instead buy a actually good art book
    if you aren't interested in a art book at all just spend 70 and look at nothing on the john

    Hardtarget on
    camo_sig2.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    guys I think we should only boycott this game if we don't get female krogans, salarians, drell and turians. Oh and unmasked quarians.
    I mean 3 games in, we should be able to see some of this, right? right?

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wait so, to get another thing in ME3, I have to actually play the Kingdom of Amalur demo? I downloaded it and started it, got something for that, but there's actually another thing for playing a certain amount of time?

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • CambiataCambiata Social Justice Vanguard of Your Destruction Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Well, to be fair there was never an "ultimate" edition of either ME or ME2. Granted ME only had 2 DLC's and only one was really worth it. ME2 had a ton and the only reason I ignore it every sale it's $5 on the PC is because of the $50 of DLC there is that doesn't come with it and isn't on sale.

    I'm not saying this to take any sides, just pointing it out.

    Personally I'm a consumer whore and will buy it all.

    I have a feeling they won't package it in an ultimate edition until the sales of the DLC at the current price point slows to a trickle.

    Which is to say, they did such an incredible job on the DLC for ME2, that people still willingly pay the price for Shadow Broker and Overlord, because they are just that good.

    Which to me, is the way it should be. Write good shit and I will pay you. Don't, and I won't. Seems a pretty simple concept to me, and not a reason to get butthurt by anyone.

    -Tal wrote:
    If you don't develop Stockholm Syndrome, it's not a real RPG.
    Steam
    Origin ID: jazzmess
    Wishlist
  • GamgeeGamgee Registered User
    Odd that the DLC is as much of an issue as it is. Granted, I've not run into it much, but it seems like the time to argue about whether or not DLC as a thing should exist passed about... 4 years or so ago, and now it's just a part of the universe we live in at present. Personally I don't see it bothering me much unless it's something that breaks immersion (ie, guy in game asks for help but to continue you have to install the DLC kinda deal, like in DA:O), or if (DLC squadmate spoilers!)
    Spoiler:

    I suppose if you believe Bioware is the debil and would actually spend normal development time on DLC as opposed to that odd, nebulous time between when a game goes gold and when the game actually hits shelves, that could be an issue... but I don't think BioWare really warrants that level of mistrust.

  • wiltingwilting Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait so, to get another thing in ME3, I have to actually play the Kingdom of Amalur demo? I downloaded it and started it, got something for that, but there's actually another thing for playing a certain amount of time?

    Yeah you have to finish it to get the gun, which means playing through the intro and then letting the 45 mins of free play time pass. You don't have to actually play for those 45 minutes if you want to go read a book or whatever and let it count down (but a popup that pauses the game comes up at the 20 minute left mark).

    wilting on
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait so, to get another thing in ME3, I have to actually play the Kingdom of Amalur demo? I downloaded it and started it, got something for that, but there's actually another thing for playing a certain amount of time?

    You have to play it until you reach the end of the demo and a timer starts. Leave the game running for 30 mins and you get the second unlock.

    Edit: Or 45 minutes, whatever the exact time is. I had lost my desire to play long before the timer came up.

    Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    so i'm trying to load up an old save of mass effect 2, and it loads, and all i get is the background of space. should be shepard in the normandy, but all i'm seeing is (presumably) the skybox. i can access the menu, but i can't use the squad sub-menu. this is the same for this shepard's autosaves and manual saves. any ideas? haven't tried any other careers to test if they are affected.

  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    guys I think we should only boycott this game if we don't get female krogans, salarians, drell and turians. Oh and unmasked quarians.
    I mean 3 games in, we should be able to see some of this, right? right?

    You aren't thinking big enough.

    Male and Female Hanar and Elcor at the very least.

    Also unsuited Volus.

  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Sebastian for DA2.

    I'm ok with this.
    ugh sebastian is such a cock up
    on the one hand he is super super super relevant to the entire plot of the chantry in DA2
    on the other hand his specific missions are terrible and basically not worth it

    good example of a character that should not have been DLC as it makes less sense and the game suffers because of it

    It does not. We just get get a little more dialogue with a side character telling us things we already know.
    :\
    but that's my point they are important changes but also small enough where it makes no sense it's its own content, should not have been DLC and really felt ripped out of the game (whether it was or not)

    camo_sig2.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Which would be a completely valid point except for the fact that Mass Effect 3 isn't on Steam and likely won't be. While I don't think Origin is so bad that it could never, ever become something that can properly compete with Steam, there's no telling how long EA will keep ME3 at an inflated price point without something like Steam to force the price down. I'm pretty sure we'll definitely see a price drop for ME3 on Origin at some point, but it could easily be a year or more depending on how cantankerous EA decides to be. If I knew that the current collector's edition would be available on Origin in, say, 6 months for 40-50 bucks, I wouldn't have an issue with this now.

    It should be pretty understandable that some folks aren't happy with missing out on a whole list of in-game items because they didn't get the super-duper edition of a game. Plenty of special editions give you something neat and unique in terms of actual items, not a whole list of game content that's ready to go and was withheld from the standard game.

    Ninja Snarl P on
    PAJoe_zpsc20d21e8.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote:
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Well, to be fair there was never an "ultimate" edition of either ME or ME2. Granted ME only had 2 DLC's and only one was really worth it. ME2 had a ton and the only reason I ignore it every sale it's $5 on the PC is because of the $50 of DLC there is that doesn't come with it and isn't on sale.

    I'm not saying this to take any sides, just pointing it out.

    Personally I'm a consumer whore and will buy it all.

    I have a feeling they won't package it in an ultimate edition until the sales of the DLC at the current price point slows to a trickle.

    Which is to say, they did such an incredible job on the DLC for ME2, that people still willingly pay the price for Shadow Broker and Overlord, because they are just that good.

    Which to me, is the way it should be. Write good shit and I will pay you. Don't, and I won't. Seems a pretty simple concept to me, and not a reason to get butthurt by anyone.

    Yep. And Bioware's done this on both ends (and thankfully been less clumsy about it since DA:O).

    Most of DA:O's DLC I would have been pissed to pay full price for, so I'm glad I didn't. Mass Effect's I would buy more if there was any more to buy.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Z0re wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    guys I think we should only boycott this game if we don't get female krogans, salarians, drell and turians. Oh and unmasked quarians.
    I mean 3 games in, we should be able to see some of this, right? right?

    You aren't thinking big enough.

    Male and Female Hanar and Elcor at the very least.

    Also unsuited Volus.

    see i couldnt care less for those but ok.
    I mean it.
    I want to see the other freaking gender.
    I will accept no more excuses.

    oh and if hanar males are
    Spoiler:

    then I'm pretty sure the females will be
    Spoiler:

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The nerd rage over the DLC really seems silly in light of the fact that if you buy the DA:O ultimate edition for like $20 bucks right now, you get all the dlc that was released for that game.

    What I'm saying is that you're complaining about the price point on release date. So, just wait a while then? You can pay peanuts for games if you want, it just means you won't get it when your friends are playing it. Seems like your friends are to blame for that one. Maybe make a pact with them to not play the game until it's $20.

    Which would be a completely valid point except for the fact that Mass Effect 3 isn't on Steam and likely won't be. While I don't think Origin is so bad that it could never, ever become something that can properly compete with Steam, there's no telling how long EA will keep ME3 at an inflated price point without something like Steam to force the price down. I'm pretty sure we'll definitely see a price drop for ME3 on Origin at some point, but it could easily be a year or more depending on how cantankerous EA decides to be. If I knew that the current collector's edition would be available on Origin in, say, 6 months for 40-50 bucks, I wouldn't have an issue with this now.

    It should be pretty understandable that some folks aren't happy with missing out on a whole list of in-game items because they didn't get the super-duper edition of a game. Plenty of special editions give you something neat and unique in terms of actual items, not a whole list of game content that's ready to go and was withheld from the standard game.

    It's awful that companies that produce a product can decide the price at which they wish to offer said product.

    I don't think you can get Starcraft for less than $20 even now, and that game has been out for something like 15 years.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    ME2 and DA2 make me feel good about paying Bioware for DLC after the trainwreck that was ME1 and DAO DLC.

    I'm confident ME3 will be a step further in the good direction.

  • MukkMukk Registered User regular
    If Bioware released this DLC, say, a month or two after the launch, no one would be throwing a hissy fit over it. But the content would be exactly the same, so in practice there wouldn't be a difference. To those who're unhappy with the current situation, what if Kasumi or whatsherface had been day 1 DLC? Do you think you would've been as angry as you are now?

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Why is it that any argument that starts out generally civil turns into a giant clusterfuck with the more people involved?

    Dragkonias on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Oh, I also thought the Collector's Edition was a really sweet deal until I found out that the promised N7 hoodie is just something to use in-game.
    this made me literally LOL
    have you seen the hoodie prices on the bioware store?

    Yeah, that's why I thought it was such a crazy good option at first. I plonked down 150 bucks for the ultra-edition of Halo: Reach and it was a pretty kick-ass set of items. Clearly, I would not expect the same offering for an extra 20 bucks, but those Mass Effect hoodies are way overpriced anyway. It wasn't too much of a leap to think they were packaging them at a reasonable price just to be awesome.
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Why is it that any argument that starts out generally civil turns into a giant clusterfuck with the more people involved?

    I had a good explanation for this, but like you said, the argument is already at Point Clusterfuck so it wouldn't have made anything better.

    Ninja Snarl P on
    PAJoe_zpsc20d21e8.jpg
  • GamgeeGamgee Registered User
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Why is it that any argument that starts out generally civil turns into a giant clusterfuck with the more people involved?

    The more people involved in a 'discussion' the louder you have to yell to stand out amongst the crowd?

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Well...I guess people had to get the "Grrr...Day 1 DLC." out of their system sooner or later.

    Two weeks from release is about right.

  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Nuzak wrote: »
    so i'm trying to load up an old save of mass effect 2, and it loads, and all i get is the background of space. should be shepard in the normandy, but all i'm seeing is (presumably) the skybox. i can access the menu, but i can't use the squad sub-menu. this is the same for this shepard's autosaves and manual saves. any ideas? haven't tried any other careers to test if they are affected.

    patched and all dlcs installed that your shep had done?

  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...I guess people had to get the "Grrr...Day 1 DLC." out of their system sooner or later.

    Two weeks from release is about right.

    I'm expecting this to be a continuing complaint until 3 months after. I notice it's generally not the regulars that are ticked off about it.

    Orca on
    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Sebastian for DA2.

    I'm ok with this.
    ugh sebastian is such a cock up
    on the one hand he is super super super relevant to the entire plot of the chantry in DA2
    on the other hand his specific missions are terrible and basically not worth it

    good example of a character that should not have been DLC as it makes less sense and the game suffers because of it

    It does not. We just get get a little more dialogue with a side character telling us things we already know.
    :\
    but that's my point they are important changes but also small enough where it makes no sense it's its own content, should not have been DLC and really felt ripped out of the game (whether it was or not)

    They are not important. They are little interesting, but not important. People are so quick to join in on the DA2 hate that they ignore actual flaws for ones that don't even exist.

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Sebastian for DA2.

    I'm ok with this.
    ugh sebastian is such a cock up
    on the one hand he is super super super relevant to the entire plot of the chantry in DA2
    on the other hand his specific missions are terrible and basically not worth it

    good example of a character that should not have been DLC as it makes less sense and the game suffers because of it

    It does not. We just get get a little more dialogue with a side character telling us things we already know.
    :\
    but that's my point they are important changes but also small enough where it makes no sense it's its own content, should not have been DLC and really felt ripped out of the game (whether it was or not)

    They are not important. They are little interesting, but not important. People are so quick to join in on the DA2 hate that they ignore actual flaws for ones that don't even exist.
    i disagree?
    i really like DA2 btw, but the Sebastian DLC is shitty

    camo_sig2.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...I guess people had to get the "Grrr...Day 1 DLC." out of their system sooner or later.

    Two weeks from release is about right.

    I'm expecting this to be a continuing complaint until 3 months after. I notice it's generally not the regulars that are ticked off about it.

    That doesn't connotate any sort of solid argument to one side or the other, it just means the people who like the game a lot and post here regularly are happy to pay more for the game and get some more content. That's no revelation.

    Ninja Snarl P on
    PAJoe_zpsc20d21e8.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.