As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, [chat]

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Ahaha, historic building tours and beginners swing dancing?

Am I, like, forty years old? This girl is a college freshman.

But I agree that the museum idea isn't bad, I need to pick one out though.

Dancing is a great one. It's a physical active that doesn't get canceled by moderately bad weather. It allows for conversation. And it lets you be close to the girl. What is the downside again?

We could go dancing.

It would not be at a beginners swing dancing class.

You people are old.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    I just ran a projection analysis. By this time next year it will be 580 degrees!!!!

Hahahaha

vRyue2p.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    Couscous wrote:
    VdAfS.jpgFox News is great at graph making. Last year to last week being the same distance as last week to current? Sure, why not.

And that's not even considering how dumb it is to compare gas price averages that are only a week apart.

It's like trying to draw a conclusion from the fact that last week it was 10 degrees colder than it is this week.

Wait it was 10 Degrees colder last week????

OMG GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL

/foxlogic

Oh no wait, tomorrow it's going to be back down where it was last week.

Crisis averted!

I bet Al Gore's face is red.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    You people better sign up for the Guild Wars 2 beta.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

You have fewer than 48 hours.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The more I learn about statistics, the more frustrated I get at how they're misused and misinterpreted.

vRyue2p.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Ahaha, historic building tours and beginners swing dancing?

Am I, like, forty years old? This girl is a college freshman.

But I agree that the museum idea isn't bad, I need to pick one out though.

Dancing is a great one. It's a physical active that doesn't get canceled by moderately bad weather. It allows for conversation. And it lets you be close to the girl. What is the downside again?

We could go dancing.

It would not be at a beginners swing dancing class.

You people are old.

Swing dancing is super fun, don't knock it till you have tried.

Also met one of my exes at a swing thing. Awesome girl, also played Hockey.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am fucking starving.

Though that is sort of the point.

ffffffffffffffff

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Old.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'd call it the Planet...Arium the entire time and ruin it

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am also starving but I don't know what I want.

ftOqU21.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    What is this utter bullshit about ladder theory being forbidden (as opposed to just being stupid and mocked) in chat?

It is (rightly) forbidden as a framework for advice in h/a of course. But this is very much not in h/a. For one thing we have TNC instead of Esh.

Even if "friend zone" is equivalent to ladder theory (which I'm not convinced of) that still would not make it forbidden in chat. This is not and should never be a "safe place" where people cannot both bring up and be ruthlessly torn apart for their crazy ideas.

Also, fuck phone posting. I need me a physical keyboard.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    The more I learn about statistics, the more frustrated I get at how they're misused and misinterpreted.

People are lazy. Making a graph is "impressive" and simple. It's a thing you can show on the Teevee. Actual analysis is a lot more complicated.

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    I just ran a projection analysis. By this time next year it will be 580 degrees!!!!

Hahahaha

You are laughing, but they do shit like this in economics for real...
    ...going into hiding before ronya sees this.....

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular

Statistics & probability - two fields of maths where general education should be significantly strengthened.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    riemann ur post is embarrassing and wrong

ur fallacies are logical, ur linguistic structure rhetorical, ur appeals emotional and your point of view cynical

in conclusion butts

obF2Wuw.png
    edited February 2012
    What is this utter bullshit about ladder theory being forbidden (as opposed to just being stupid and mocked) in chat?

It is (rightly) forbidden as a framework for advice in h/a of course. But this is very much not in h/a. For one thing we have TNC instead of Esh.

Even if "friend zone" is equivalent to ladder theory (which I'm not convinced of) that still would not make it forbidden in chat. This is not and should never be a "safe place" where people cannot both bring up and be ruthlessly torn apart for their crazy ideas.

This is a victory post.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    ur fallacies are logical, ur linguistic structure rhetorical, ur appeals emotional and your point of view cynical

Is this a line in a rap song?

Because it should be.

Winky wrote: »
    Old.

Get a Groupon, whippersnapper.
    Also, reset your avatar. Im old and resist change.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sarks at this point I may have to read Gravitys Rainbow and blog about it. just to make you feel bad

Mazzyx wrote: »

This is a victory post.

Now I know what veterans felt like when they won WW2.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wait, wait. @Winky, you're in Chicago?

You guys like improv? I'm buds with this dude and I can probably get you tix to a show...

spool32 on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Sarks, am i supposed to get a confirmation e-mail of some kind, telling me "good job, you signed up"?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Old.

Old. And cunning.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wash wrote: »
    Anyone seen Hugo? How important is the first 10 minutes?

The beginning is pretty unimportant from a plot standpoint I believe, but very pretty. It takes quite a while to really get rolling, there was probably some basic explanation of where they are at and why the kid is there, but that's fairly easy to pick up and will be further delved into over the rest of the movie.

minor-ish spoiler of what might happen in the first 10 minutes, but I don't remember for sure if it was later.
    The uncle might die in the first 10 minutes, which is mostly just set-up for why he's alone

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote:
    Couscous wrote:
    VdAfS.jpgFox News is great at graph making. Last year to last week being the same distance as last week to current? Sure, why not.

And that's not even considering how dumb it is to compare gas price averages that are only a week apart.

It's like trying to draw a conclusion from the fact that last week it was 10 degrees colder than it is this week.

Wait it was 10 Degrees colder last week????

OMG GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL

/foxlogic

Oh no wait, tomorrow it's going to be back down where it was last week.

Crisis averted!

I bet Al Gore's face is red.

That's because he's out of breath.

Thomamelas wrote:
    Old.

Old. And cunning.

Also getting some or at least Thom is.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Sarks, am i supposed to get a confirmation e-mail of some kind, telling me "good job, you signed up"?

Yes, eventually, however they are pretty backed up. If you don't see anything by tomorrow morning I'd maybe email them.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    zeeny wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote:

Hahahaha

You are laughing, but they do shit like this in economics for real...
    ...going into hiding before ronya sees this.....

:x

aRkpc.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

This is a victory post.

You and a hamburger should go to times square and recreate the famous victory kiss photo.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    to be honest you almost certainly get 3 different kinds of points for that kind of dancing

a) old school points
    b) unusual points
    c) can dance points

ALL VERY VALUABLE

obF2Wuw.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Yes, eventually, however they are pretty backed up. If you don't see anything by tomorrow morning I'd maybe email them.

I hope I get chosen and play this war thing with the guilds and crap. I never played a real MMO before, but i'm 100% sure this will definitely be the thing to give my life meaning.

This is a victory post.

You and a hamburger should go to times square and recreate the famous victory kiss photo.

It would be the American thing to do.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

Yea I tried before I left for work and it couldn't send my info Ill do it again when I get home

This is a victory post.

Good idea. Sarks, get on a train. We'll have Drez bring his camera

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    to be honest you almost certainly get 3 different kinds of points for that kind of dancing

a) old school points
    b) unusual points
    c) can dance points

ALL VERY VALUABLE

You forgot d) snappy dressing points. If ever there is an excuse to dress to the nines, it's dancing.

dude... its winky....

obF2Wuw.png
    Alright, I asked her if she wants to go see the new Genghis Khan exhibit at the Field Museum with me.

I already told her that I am related to him. Now as we go through the exhibit and hear about his deeds I can tell her in which ways I also reflect these due to being his legacy.

I hope I get in so I can tease Sarks about it before he gets in.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Oh man, I got new glasses and I look so good.

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    You people better sign up for the Guild Wars 2 beta.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

You have fewer than 48 hours.

Registered. Almost missed that, thanks for the heads-up.

This discussion has been closed.