Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW Game 68 - Ni!

OverhamsterenOverhamsteren Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Critical Failures
pic955226_md.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe (and a fifth, uninvited guest). Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

Angry Guy Boardgamer as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

Stinky Guy Nought as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

Tricky Guy Gorden858 as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

Horny Guy caliber as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

The Gimp 38thDoe as the Horned Rat
The Horned Rat does not exist, nor is there such thing as the ratmen that worship it. Scholars have concluded that claims of an empire of vicious verminfolk are nothing more than stories invented to frighten the very young. Any reports of having sighted these "skaven" is seen as spreading discord amongst the faithful and, naturally, quite blasphemous. The skittering and scratching you hear deep below you at night is naught but the fevered workings of your imagination. If you insist that you have seen these creatures, please see your nearest witch hunter to be summarily executed for your blatant heresy.

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World for 5 players. Invitations will be taken from the discussion thread and offered to the top 3 players on the main list, 1 newbies, and a host. Once chosen, the players will decide which decks to use in this game.

[RULES]
[FAQ]
[EXPANSION RULES]
[Headless Hollow Rules Summary]

Credits of Chaos
Adam Bloom for his rocking Handtracker site.
FWD for the awesome board app.
Mr.Blarney for the original design of our PbP board.
Rend for the comprehensive OP.
Darian for bringing order to chaos as games manager and our resident rules lawyer.

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here

Overhamsteren on
make art until someone dies

• OverhamsterenOverhamsteren Registered User regular
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ for the Horned Rat (Now with some official rulings):
    Spoiler:

edited February 2012
    House Rules:

nurgledial.jpg

Rolling dice:

If you use InvisibleCastle I will just make the rule that your roll has to show up at this page to be valid: http://invisiblecastle.com/campaign/rolls/26381/ to ensure that make sure you write 'CitOW Game 68' in the Campaign box, feel free to do a test roll to see if it works.

When it comes to the real rolls make sure to use a proper name and clearly state which region you are rolling for in the Note box.

For anyone new to the roller, using 1 for 'Number of Rolls' and for 'Dice' use Xd6.hitsopen(4,6) command so if you should roll 3 attacks it's 3d6.hitsopen(4,6) that will take care of any explosions in one go.

Same rules for Orokos make the roll show up on this page: http://orokos.com/roll/c-CitOW+Game+68

Overhamsteren on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    I'm in. Thank you for inviting me.

edited February 2012
    Hi everyone please state if you wanna play and if you have any preference to:

Basic or Morrslieb Chaos Cards and Upgrade Cards.

Basic Old World Cards or Basic+Expert Old World Cards or Only Expert Old World Cards

Also any preference to playing any particular gods.

Any house rules you would like: Morrslieb Bloodletter Upgrade nerf? Nurgle 8 step dial?

Morrslieb Chaos Cards and Upgrade Cards.
    Basic Old World Cards
    K > T > S > N > H
    Morrslieb Bloodletter Upgrade nerf? Good.
    Nurgle 8 step dial? Good.

BoardGamer on
  • Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    Hi,
    I'm in. Thx for the invitation and kudos for hosting your first game.

Now for official business my Preferences:
    Morrslieb Decks
    Mixed OWC
    Tz> S> N> HR> K
    Don't care about Nerfs.

And finally my Disclaimer:
    Please don't mind my spelling and me not responding in the early morning. I'm not a native speaker and sitting some timezones away from you.

PS: Typing on a Smartphone with autocorrection in another language ist really madness inducing.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in. Thx for the invitation and kudos for hosting your first game.

Now for official business my Preferences:
    Morrslieb Decks
    Mixed OWC
    Tz> S> N> HR> K
    Don't care about Nerfs.

And finally my Disclaimer:
    Please don't mind my spelling and me not responding in the early morning. I'm not a native speaker and sitting some timezones away from you.

PS: Typing on a Smartphone with autocorrection in another language ist really madness inducing.

If that's your auto-correct at work I would guess you're in a German speaking country, so time zones might not be as far apart. One of my friends also use auto-correct on his phone, and I don't get how he can stand it. My spelling is far from great, but at least my messages can be deciphered a bit easier :)

I'm in.

Ditto on Morrslieb.
    Not sure on OWC, I'll go with the majority.
    I'm equally bad at all the Gods, and have only played Morrslieb with Tzeentch, so I'm open to whatever is needed.
    And I'm onboard with any nerfs the rest of you/us want to use.

Grats on your first hosting. Nothing to it really, other than the fact that it's really unfortunate if you end up being the one that checks in the least often, which happened to me in at least one of my games.

Nought on
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited February 2012
    Nought wrote: »
    If that's your auto-correct at work I would guess you're in a German speaking country
    You got me ;-) It's actually Germany.

I'm using this Samsung-Special-Swype stuff. When you are actually typing in the language the software thinks you are it's pretty smooth.

But no problem anymore I'm now at work and I already checked: I can access Orokos and the handtracker.... Hooray

Just have to check the boardupdates on my phone.
    so time zones might not be as far apart.

So where are you guys sitting? I once had an exchange student in the state of NY and i regularly ringed him out of bed, when i called him in the middle of the night, because obviously I'm dumb...

Gorden858 on
  • calibercaliber Registered User regular
    Thanks for the invite! I'm in, although I'll be traveling and without internet this coming Sunday-Monday (26th-27th) and then next week (5th-6th).

I've only played one game ever, so as the resident newbie I have no preferences on anything. In the one game I have under my belt, I ran Tzeentch but I'm not opposed to doing so again.

I'm in the US timezone for what it's worth. I've used online die rollers in the past, but handtracker is new to me. Looks simple enough though! :D

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I would like to play, thanks for hosting! And to the options:

Morrslieb Chaos Cards and Upgrade Cards.

Basic Old World Cards

I'd prefer khorne, tzeentch, horned eat, Slaanesh over nurgle.

What is the bloodletter nerf?

camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2012
    Cheers guys seems everyone is one board.

We will play with Morrslieb decks and Basic Old world cards (2-1 vote).

How is this for gods:

Khorne: Boardgamer
    Nurgle: Nought
    Tzeentch: Gorden858
    Slaanesh: Caliber
    Horned Rat: 38thDoe

You seem pretty open for house rules so I will just throw these 3 up for vote but feel free to say no :)

New Nurgle Dial: Yes or No?

nurgledial.jpg

Bloodletter Upgrade Nerf, pick one:
    -1 VP per kill (most common one)
    -Max 2 VP per region per phase for kills
    -Only Bloodletter dice Counts (No combo with dice from Bloodthirster or Vengeance upgrade)
    -Play with basic game upgrade(early attacks)
    -No nerf

Raise the VP score to win by VP, pick one:
    -No thanks
    -Play to 60VP
    -Play to 65VP
    -Play to 70VP

Overhamsteren on
    edited February 2012
    You seem pretty open for house rules so I will just throw these 3 up for vote but feel free to say no :)

New Nurgle Dial: Yes or No? Yes

-Play to 60VP

BoardGamer on
    I really don't have enough expansion games under my belt to say the game is unbalanced in whatever way. Soo... let people with more experience than me decide.

BoardGamer wrote: »

New Nurgle Dial: Yes or No? Yes

-Play to 60VP

I could live with these.

Island. Being on fire.
    Gorden858 wrote:
    I really don't have enough expansion games under my belt to say the game is unbalanced in whatever way. Soo... let people with more experience than me decide.

This.

edited February 2012
    So it's one for, one kinda supportive and two neutral, we just need @38thDoe to chip in.

Also I guess you are all fine with the gods' designations, again 38thDoe I am not sure how long Horned Rat was down your list or if the 3 gods you mentioned were equally wanted?

Overhamsteren on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Horned rat was third, no worries though, just happy to play. So hard to bring this to table in real life.
    I'm okay with nurgle dial and bloodletter nerf, but I prefer to play to 50.

camo_sig2.png
    Ok so lets play to 50VP, with a shorter Nurgle Dial and Bloodletter Upgrade only scoring 1VP kill.

I will do the map and decks in 16 hours from now, if anyone has a different handtracker login name than on here please let me know, and of course speak up if you want to discuss changes to god assignment or rules. :)

edited February 2012
    We're going to have a party. I'm so pleased. :winky: :winky: :winky:

caliber on
    If by party you mean swarms of vermin covering the land, then yes, yes we are!

camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2012
    Blood God!

handtracker login name is same, BoardGamer.
    Thanks for hosting, Overhamsteren.

BoardGamer on
    edited February 2012
    Hows it hanging? It fell off? Well, if you love something set it free.

My handtracker id is Nought

Nought on
    Island. Being on fire.
    Seems I got just the right people for this :D

edited February 2012
    And like so Many times before the Old World is Plunged Into Chaos. (slight yawn)

Houserules:
    nurgledial.jpg

startg.png
    Link to gameboard: http://appliednerditry.com/chaos/gameboard.php?game=68

Plunged into Chaos - Each player immediately scores 1 victory point for each Peasant token he has claimed. The player who has claimed the most Peasant tokens scores 3 additional victory points. - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

Everyone but Tzeentch should draw 5 cards.
    Tzeentch draws 3 cards, chooses to discard 1 or not, and then draws up to 5 cards.
    Then Khorne is up!

Good luck ladies and otherworldly evil beings!

Overhamsteren on
    Drew 3, discarded Warpstorm - 2 and drew back up to five.

Let the meddling begin :-)

edited February 2012
    Draw 5, then play Bloodbath to The Border Princes.

7/7 PP

BoardGamer on
    Leper to Bretonnia.

5/6 PP

Island. Being on fire.
    I had given caliber the basic game deck so if you notice something out of the ordinary it's probably just him getting things fixed. :)

edited February 2012
    Acolyte to Kislev
    5/6 PP

Gorden858 on
    edited February 2012
    As for rolling, if you use InvisibleCastle I will just make the rule that your roll has to show up at this page to be valid: http://invisiblecastle.com/campaign/rolls/26381/ to ensure that make sure you write 'CitOW Game 68' in the Campaign box, feel free to do a test roll to see if it works.

When it comes to the real rolls make sure to use a proper name and clearly state which region you are rolling for in the Note box.

For anyone new to the roller, using 1 for 'Number of Rolls' and for 'Dice' use Xd6.hitsopen(4,6) command so if you should roll 3 attacks it's 3d6.hitsopen(4,6) that will take care of any explosions in one go.

Same rules for Orokos make the roll show up on this page: http://orokos.com/roll/c-CitOW+Game+68

Overhamsteren on

Thanks Overhamsteren. I tried once, just test.

I just set up to be mailed, when I'm marked by anyone, so please do if its my turn so I don't have to look all the time :)

@Caliber active.

One Clan Rat skitters to Troll Country.
    5/6PP.

camo_sig2.png
    Summon a Bloodletter (Warrior) to Bretonnia.

5/7 PP

Leper to Estalia.

4/6 PP

Island. Being on fire.
    edited February 2012
    Acolyte to Kislev
    4/6 PP

@caliber active

Gorden858 on