As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Siver looks good tonight.

Fuck off and die.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I think he should get the dec. Nunes hopped around a lot and defended takedowns, but Siver landed more and stronger punches and pushed forward.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Woo, Siver!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    I agree with that decision.

Fuck off and die.
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Are the judges Swedish? If so they appear to do better than our fighters so far.

I'm going for Paulo on this one, hopefully a nice sub

Hahahahaha

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    ...well don't I look silly now

Scary!

Fuck off and die.
    I like this guy.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Good English from an Afghani via the Netherlands.

Fuck off and die.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    That KO was nuts

t5qfc9.jpg
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Good sportsmanship there from Stann

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
    edited April 2012
    Stann is always a good guy :^:

Sparvy on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i am now huge fan of brian stann .

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, that was commendable.

Fuck off and die.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    you really don't see that level of awareness and consideration too often.

:^:

steam_sig.png
    Man Gustafsson really throws those counter punches well, Silva lasted better than the janitor though.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Done with yard work, what did I miss?

Apparently everything?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    You missed UFC: Gustafsson vs Silva

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
    Gus won all is well

t5qfc9.jpg
    A good win also.

Fuck off and die.
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Not surprised that Silva wasn't finished.

Dudes tough.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Will Silva be cut though?

In other terrible Dana White related news,

Dana White cuts #RallyForMarkHunt
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/14/dana-white-kills-rallyformarkhunt-campaign-its-not-going-to-happen-19717.html

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited April 2012
    The whole point of rally for mark hunt was that it was hilariously obvious that it was never going to happen

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    You're a monster.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I think DeMarques Johnson and Paulo Thiago might be in danger of getting cut. Both guys are 4-4.

Fun fact: Diego Nunes finished every fight he had until he came to Zuffa. Ever since then (WEC 37 on Dec. 3rd, 2008), he has been involved only in decisions, whether he won or lost. He ran himself to 11-0 on being a killer and then ran to 17-3 on decisions only.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    RiosAbril was just as bad as BispingHamill.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    so, can we talk about the TUF match in here, cause .....wow, I didn't expect it to go like that especialy with that little time left.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    Card was good. I can't believe Paulo got KO'd how he did. Siver was good, Gufstasson was good. That one should have been a 5 round fight, both guys looked like they were just getting warmed up; I can't wait until all main events are 5 rounds.

B:L, great new thread title.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I didn't see the prelims, but I thought that was a good card and man the fans were going nuts and pretty into the ground game. I imagined jogan commending the crowd on being intelligent several times.

camo_sig2.png
    I didn't see the prelims, but I thought that was a good card and man the fans were going nuts and pretty into the ground game. I imagined jogan commending the crowd on being intelligent several times.

Yeah, it was pretty awesome to see fans getting pumped up for submission attempts that weren't super-obvious. We do still get a crappy crowd now and then but for the most part the speed at which MMA fans have learned to appreciate the complexities of the sport has really been amazing.

• Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    I am pleased Maguire won by Gypsy-Jitsu.

The Yousef vs Thoreseon fight was great.

Fuck off and die.
    The prelims were mostly good yeah and so was the maincard.

t5qfc9.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Pickett via sub (probably a guillotine)
    Maguire via sub
    Siver via KO (liver implosion)
    Bahadurdaduzaduhaduahzua via KO
    Sakara via decision
    Gustaffson via KO

shit sakara

get it together

I am the fucking dowsing rod of predictions. Why do I always forget this?

The most important takeaways from this event for me was that Siver can have a career at 145 and that Izquierdo exists and can almost smack an Olympic wrestler to death with karate.

Fuck off and die.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Yeah, it was pretty awesome to see fans getting pumped up for submission attempts that weren't super-obvious. We do still get a crappy crowd now and then but for the most part the speed at which MMA fans have learned to appreciate the complexities of the sport has really been amazing.

I remember when I was amazed at crowds that started shouting, "Knee!" during clinches. That seems like a given nowadays. Lots of silly douchebags in each sport, but the majority off MMA fans have caught on to things pretty quickly, I think.

On to the news!

Ed Soares thinks it will be bad for Brazil if anything happens to Chael: http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/12/ed-soares-it-will-be-very-bad-for-brazil-if-something-happens-to-the-idiot-chael-sonnen-19286.html

Nick Diaz's lawyer is basically putting his balls in Keith Kizer's face here: http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7748:nick-diazs-attorney-demands-nsac-hearing-april-24th-or-the-suspension-is-bogus&catid=34:organizations

Eff the United Nations, son: http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/14/ufcu-n-conference-in-brazil-could-delay-ufc-147-event-silva-vs-sonnen-rematch-19713.html

Hope you weren't waiting for BJ Penn to come out of retirement: http://ht.ly/ahJ8E

Sunday Morning Rumor Mill! http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7759:the-sunday-morning-rumor-mill&catid=34:organizations

Dana White gets crazy talking about putting regional UFC circuits all over the world with different champions, promotions, etc. WTF: http://mmajunkie.com/news/28263/white-suggests-ufc-could-create-regional-fight-circuits-and-champions.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    I remember when I was amazed at crowds that started shouting, "Knee!" during clinches. That seems like a given nowadays. Lots of silly douchebags in each sport, but the majority off MMA fans have caught on to things pretty quickly, I think.

I used to be grateful just for a crowd that wouldn't start booing as soon as things got to the ground.

And not like, falling into guard and sitting there for 20 seconds then booing - just booing the moment it touches the ground.

This discussion has been closed.