Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    fedor is fighting pedro rizzo in june

that's a thing i guess

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Here's a mini-documentary about Jon Jones. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure I will once I've got a little time on my hands: http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/18/ufcjon-jones-mini-documentary-20382.html

I also haven't clicked this link yet, but I'm sure some of you would be interested:

Gaspari Nutrition (@TeamGaspari)
    4/19/12 8:05 PM
    Win a training session w/ a top tier Gaspari athlete like @RondaRousey @BrianStann or @Flex_Lewis in our $25K contest ow.ly/aoBrA

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

Height: 5' 11" Weight: 225 Goal: 200
    Chael Q&A happening right now. Already loving it.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

Chael Sonnen just called a lady down to the stage Price is Right style. Fantastic.

Chael said he has a dog named "Danger Waffles".

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular

Oh my god.

I love him.

archer2.png
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared PA's Most Gifted, Most Beautiful Rhode IslandRegistered User regular

Can we pay Bruce Buffer to announce him as Chael "King Troll" Sonnen?

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    League of Legends: metaljared
    XBL: Metal Jared | PSN: SoulCrusherJared | Twitter: @metaljared
    That was a great Q&A. You guys should find a recording or highlights when you get a chance.

It gets even better, guys.

http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/index.ssf/2011/10/west_linn_mixed_martial_artist.html:

Owns a 2-year-old terrier named “The Distinguished Gentleman from West Linn Mr. Danger Waffles”

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Huh, didn't realize UFC 145 was in Atlanta tomorrow.

• amaluramalur Registered User
    a machete man took muh dawg huggyballs!

• mojojoeomojojoeo SpringfieldRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    fedor is fighting pedro rizzo in june

that's a thing i guess

lol what. tomato can much?

"The moment you were born we should have cut your head off. You were a message from god that he doesn't love us. We should have sent it back"
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Deus Vult! OsloRegistered User regular
    The best Chael Sonnen bit I've ever seen was when he was at a 10th Planet seminar blazed to the gills claiming he never said anything bad about jujitsu. Pretty apropos of today, I guess.

Fuck off and die.
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's on youtube via UFC channel, watching it now. (the Q&A that is)

Venkman90 on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ben Rothwell looks to be in the best shape of his life at this weigh-in. His awful performance last time must have been a wakeup call

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i hope he beats brendan schaub's cocky face in

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular

http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/index.ssf/2011/10/west_linn_mixed_martial_artist.html:

Owns a 2-year-old terrier named “The Distinguished Gentleman from West Linn Mr. Danger Waffles”

Really cute dog too

Really cute dog too

Danger Waffles vs HotDog Dog

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited April 2012
    Holy shit if this is true. FRB usually gets it right, though.

Spoiler:

So, yeah. There you go.

ChillyWilly on

edited April 2012
    bahahahaha silva is such a little bitch
    what with all that's going on with overeem/jds dana is probably in no mood to deal with silva's bs right now

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I like Silva but as a fighter you can't just go "nuh uh I won't fight unless it's on my home turf"

Especially when you're the Champion

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    I really really really hope Silva just takes the fight, the amount of obnoxious drama if he gets canned will never end, I want him to win and retire or lose to kill off some hype just so it's done with and that division can move on.

Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

352247-1.png

-Pedro Sauer BJJ scientist-
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dana White quit swearing so much, it's making for some crap ass TV.

That was also a really depressing motivational speech.

Magell on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Seriously I've sorta kinda defended Silva before on not immediately rushing back into a rematch with Sonnen, but (if true) that's just past ridiculous.

Although man if Silva backs out of their fight Sonnen's going to unleash a verbal beating the likes of which MMA has never seen.

Almost kinda makes me want to see it happen. Not happen. Whatever.

History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools.
  • Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Osnap, Mir is replacing Overeem against JDS. Still pissed Reem ruined the card but that should be good ((though was really looking forward to Mir vs Velasquez and Reem vs JDS.

No one announced to replace Mir vs Velasquez yet

Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

352247-1.png

-Pedro Sauer BJJ scientist-
    what the fuck is going on today

i am the saddest of pandas

I will fight Cain

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    though saying that this could mean big things for cain velasquez

we all know there's one hw outside of zuffa we'd love to see him fight

sure the guys not really done much the last couple of years

and okay his last few opponents weren't all that great

and a decision win over monson in one of his last few fights wasn't all that impressive

but we all remember the time he knocked out arlovski

so yeah

cain velasquez vs pedro rizzo

make it happen dana

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    though saying that this could mean big things for cain velasquez

we all know there's one hw outside of zuffa we'd love to see him fight

sure the guys not really done much the last couple of years

and okay his last few opponents weren't all that great

and a decision win over monson in one of his last few fights wasn't all that impressive

but we all remember the time he knocked out arlovski

so yeah

cain velasquez vs pedro rizzo

make it happen dana

You gotta find recent footage of Pedro Rizzo wearing UFC gloves in training first.
    Spoiler:

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Though I will really enjoy watching JDS beat the stuffing out of Mir

But compared to the magic of JDS vs. Overeem.... Sigh.

Damn your insatiable taste for horse meat Overeem

History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools.
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought they were waiting for Reems defence?

Also, if that Silva thing is true and Bisping fights Chael for the belt...lol he could actually be le champ.

Weirdly enough I think JDS is fight Mir has more of a chance in. Cain had wrestling, striking and cardio over Mir, but Mir might be able to get JDS down.

He'll probably get blasted in under three minutes, but still!

So is the change to Mir/JDS official? Are they not going to wait until after his hearing?

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Though I will really enjoy watching JDS beat the stuffing out of Mir

you bite your tongue

XMSODhjrer45.gif
    So is the change to Mir/JDS official? Are they not going to wait until after his hearing?

I think Dana got tired of waiting.

as long as this doesnt turn into another bj penn/carlos conduit/gsp/nick diaz love rectangle situation i'm ok with it

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    also is UFC 145 not worthy of a beel deal?
    :(
    i am disappoint

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    But really Mir will be a decent test for JDS. JDS's camp has always claimed he's a bjj black belt (iirc?) but nobody's ever really tested him, at least not in the last couple of years. It'll be interesting if Mir's actually able to get him down. Only problem is that Dos Santos's striking technique is waaay better than Mir's.

Kana wrote: »
    But really Mir will be a decent test for JDS. JDS's camp has always claimed he's a bjj black belt (iirc?) but nobody's ever really tested him, at least not in the last couple of years. It'll be interesting if Mir's actually able to get him down. Only problem is that Dos Santos's striking technique is waaay better than Mir's.

I highly doubt that this will go more than 2 rounds, or be on the ground for long. JDS is smart enough to know that he has an enormous advantage standing and he is going to do everything he can to keep it there. He's been taken down only once so far, and he's faced some top level wrestlers. I think he just hits way to hard for anyone to want to even try.

This looks like it was shot before UFC on Fox 1, so I don't know how much better he's gotten between now and then, but it looks like he isn't that good off his back.

This discussion has been closed.