As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] The Pit - 36 total damage in one turn

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Mordacai aint no cylon :S

You don't know me!

And I called dibs on Chief.
    Also Mordecai is too cool, so I can't change my avatar. :P

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Incredibly boring orders submitted.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Don't believe Gandalf! hes playing the "Nuke everything" card!!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You know what, Azith? You just gave me a great idea.

Next time, if there is a next time, when someone enters The Pit they can submit up to 3 cards to be put into the deck. Knowing that they may or may not get the cards they create will keep the cards relatively balanced.

And also make the game crazy.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Next time, if there is a next time, when someone enters The Pit they can submit up to 3 cards to be put into the deck. Knowing that they may or may not get the card will keep the cards relatively balanced.

Oh...oh gods.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    D:

• Options
    I should clarify that I meant the "Next time I run The Pit". Not going to do it this run through, because it wouldn't be fair for those already in The Pit.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    We, who are already in The Pit, salute you!

N-G0004-213-hail-caesar-we-who-are-about-to-die-salute-you-ave-caesar-morituri-te-salutant.jpg

edit: Didn't see that watermark at first...alternatively:

800px-Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

Custom Special on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Next time, if there is a next time, when someone enters The Pit they can submit up to 3 cards to be put into the deck. Knowing that they may or may not get the cards they create will keep the cards relatively balanced.

Do you mean they can make a card up from scratch or just pick something thats outside the chosen schools for that game.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    All the schools are in The Pit.

I meant make a card from scratch.

muwahahahahah.

• Options
    Yup!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Lost track of turns, am I up?
    FOR DEATH!!! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

• Options
    Gnome-Wielding Ogre Gandalf_the_Crazed feels refreshed by his lifestone and lumbers forward a couple steps. He decides this part of the maze needs a little life and creates a rosebush.

Actual Orders:
    Gain 1 life from Lifestone.
    Step north, west, west to O1.
    Cast Rosebush at M1
    Rosebush | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create 1 fragrant rosebush in target empty square. Rosebushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the rosebush's square suffer 3 physical damage. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.
    Discard Fog, draw 2 cards.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    jdarksun uses a quick fire spell to close the wound the werewolf opened on his arm, but not before he lost a little too much blood for comfort. He looks toward the direction of a nearby wizard, back at the werewolf, back towards the wizard, back at the werewolf... Now that's an idea! He moves away from the werewolf, who was still licking up jdarksun's blood off the ground, and targets a nearby wall for destruction. After the explosion, jdarksun sees the shimmering of a shield through the smoke and debris: there was his target. The shield drops and jdarksun throws his signature one-two punch of dispel and powerthrust right at Bedlam. It was too many things for the yellow wizard to focus on and they both strike home, sending Bedlam to the ground and calming him down. With a new target for the werewolf weakened and ready, jdarksun puts a wall between himself and the werewolf's new hunting grounds.

Actual Orders:
    Move to C8
    Play Destroy Wall on the wall separating C9 from C10,
    Destroy Wall | Neutral | LOS | Instant | Destroy wall or door, adjacent wizards take 2 damage, not an attack, no evasion
    Bedlam plays Shield
    Shield | Counter | Self | Instant | Reduce damage being dealt to you from a single source by this spell's energy plus 2.
    Play Dispel on Bedlam's Adrenaline
    Dispel | Neutral | Any | Instant | End 1 target non-instant spell as well as any spells affecting that spell
    Play Powerthrust on Bedlam (4 damage)
    Powerthrust | Attack | LOS | Instant | A telekinetic blow strikes target object or wizard dealing magic damage equal to this spell's energy plus 2.
    Play Create Wall to separate C8 from C9
    Create Wall | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create a stone wall on a border line where there is not already a wall or door

Draw to hand max / 3 cards.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Things to note:
    jdarksun's turn was really well done.

Red Wizards' (@SeGaTai and @Bedlam) turns are due Sunday.

Current Map
    Pit1-21.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    M1 - Rosebush | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create 1 fragrant rosebush in target empty square. Rosebushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the rosebush's square suffer 3 physical damage. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

Monster/Boss Status and Mood
    Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Rock Thrower: Attack all wizards within LOS for 5 physical damage.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Leap: Triple movement. Run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage x2.
    Slime (Can pass through any door or cracked wall) | HP: 7 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Fire Pillars : Choose two random squares on each Tile. Any wizard or monster on that tile takes 5 fire damage.

Turn Order - Turns are due on the day stated below
    GREEN (Gandalf_the_Crazed - 1, jdarksun - 2)
    RED (SeGaTai - 1, Bedlam - 2) <-Turns due Sunday
    YELLOW (blahmcblah - 1, Tayrun -2)
    BLUE (Custom Special - 1, Capfalcon - 2)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gnome-Wielding Ogre Gandalf_the_Crazed
    HP: 16/20
    Level: 2
    Experience: 10
    Cards in hand / Max: 8/9
    Held Items and Spell Effects:
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.
    Strength | Neutral | Grant yourself or target creature great strength. Double any physical damage dealt by the target. As an attack, the target may try to physically tear an object or treasure being carried from the wizard carrying it. Roll a die, on a result of 2,3,4 the attack succeeds and the target of strength takes possession of the treasure or object. If already carrying a treasure, he cannot try to take another treasure from someone's grasp.
    Lifestone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

jdarksun
    HP: 17/20
    Level: 0
    Experience: 0
    Cards in hand / Max: 7/7
    Spellstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw 1 extra card each turn. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed. | 0
    Humunculus | Neutral | Self | Temporary | Creation : Create a Humunculus with life energy equal to this spell's energy. While this spell lasts, each time a LOS attack targets you, Humunculus leaps into its path, allowing you to automatically evade the attack (if possible). Humunculus suffers all damage from the attack, ignoring all other effects. If Humunculus intercepts an attack that cannot be evaded, you both suffer the damage and you suffer any other effects as normal | 0

SeGaTai
    HP: 6/20
    Experience: 4
    Cards in hand / Max: 6/7
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Shatter | Neutral | Self | Permanent | While this spell lasts, you deal 1 crack per point of damage you inflict to objects (rather than 1 crack per 3 points of damage)
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Permanent | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.

Bedlam
    Experience: 2
    Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit

blahmcblah (Stunned 1 turn)
    HP: 11/20
    Dagger | Item | Adjacent/LOS | Permanent | You can either throw or stab with the dagger. If thrown, you deal 3 physical damage to any object or wizard within LOS. It then drops in the target's square. If stabbing, you deal 2 physical damage to adjacent wizard or object.

Tayrun (Halfway losing his mind)
    HP: 20/20

Custom Special
    Mist Body | Neutral | Self | Permanent | You evaporate into mist. While this spell lasts, you can pass through anything but stone walls and stone blocks. You can not be attacked or attack. Touched objects and treasures turn into mist, so you may pick up and carry objects and treasures as usual.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Bedlam's life total should be 16 now, right?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Orders are in, there some good ones

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bedlam's life total should be 16 now, right?

Do you wanna run this thing? Huh? Cuz I will turn this game around right now and then no one will get to see DisneyWorld!

<3

I fixed it! Thanks for catching that mistake.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Orders in. Nothing great over here :S

• Options
    Also, guys, we need to do something about Tayrun. Having a mind-controlled wizard running around is beneficial for exactly 0 of the other 7 players.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, we do have one reserve.

The reserve will get a chance to jump in before Cinder takes control.

Where has Tayrun been, btw? I haven't seen him post anywhere recently. He inactivus'd in the BOI phalla too.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Darian mentioned him being swamped with work

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SeGaTai realizes that ideas are coming easier to him in this pit of a maze and creates a brainstone to hold some of those ideas. He chases the slime, trying to open a shortcut by creating a door, weirdly the spell fizzles. Not to be deterred, he boosts and rides the wind around a couple twists and turns following the smell of the slime. He find the slime and punches it, with fire! Hearing a wizard nearby, he throws a cautionary globe of pain in their direction.

Actual Orders:
    Play Brainstone-draw 2 cards
    Move down,left,up
    -Cast Create Door @I3/4
    Create Door | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create 1 door on a target stone wall or border line between 2 squares. Like a door in your home sector, it is locked for others, but not for you. Create door can only be cast on stone walls.
    blahmcblah counters with
    Negate Neutral | Counter | Any | Instant | Cancel 1 target neutral spell as its cast
    Boost with energy(4),
    move up one,
    windrider left 3,
    Windrider | Neutral | Self | Instant | Move in a straight line (not diagonally) as far as you like, ignoring any objects (except walls, doors and stone blocks) while moving. You suffer the effects of any objects in the square where you end this move. Moving this way costs 0 movement points
    move down 2.
    Discard Mist Form
    Punch slime for 3 damage.
    Hit blahmcblah with globe of pain.
    Globe of Pain | Attack | Any | Instant | Shoot a reddish globe of energy at target wizard. The target must be within 6 movement of the caster. The globe can go around corners and ignores all objects except those that stop movement. If the globe enters the target wizard's square, it deals magical damage to the target equal to this spell's energy. This spell only damages the target
    Draw 3 cards.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bedlam put two and two together after he saw the smirk on his enemy's face and started to smell the werewolf. He boosts away and in the path of his new enemy. Pulling out a Bloodshard in preparation for battle.

Actual Orders:
    Boost Movement with Add (6)
    Equip Bloodshard
    Bloodshard | Item | Self | Permanent | Trinket : While carrying this item, reduce the damage by 1 each time you suffer damage from a source
    Move 6 spaces to A8
    Discard Around the corner
    Draw cards to fill hand

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Since the bulk of the players seem to be gravitating towards the pit do we still need the discussion thread? Because no one has posted in it for at least a week.

• Options
    Also: MAAAAAAP!

(they dont love you like I love you)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Things to note:
    Yellow Wizards' (@blahmcblah and @Tayrun) turns are due Tuesday.

Current Map
    Pit1-22.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    M1 - Rosebush | Neutral | LOS | Permanent | Create 1 fragrant rosebush in target empty square. Rosebushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the rosebush's square suffer 3 physical damage. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

Monster/Boss Status and Mood
    Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Rock Thrower: Attack all wizards within LOS for 5 physical damage.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Leap: Triple movement. Run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage x2.
    Slime (Can pass through any door or cracked wall) | HP: 4 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Fire Pillars : Choose two random squares on each Tile. Any wizard or monster on that tile takes 5 fire damage.

Turn Order - Turns are due on the day stated below
    GREEN (Gandalf_the_Crazed - 1, jdarksun - 2)
    RED (SeGaTai - 1, Bedlam - 2)
    YELLOW (blahmcblah - 1, Tayrun -2) <-Turns due Tuesday
    BLUE (Custom Special - 1, Capfalcon - 2)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gnome-Wielding Ogre Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Level: 2
    Experience: 10
    Cards in hand / Max: 8/9
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.
    Strength | Neutral | Grant yourself or target creature great strength. Double any physical damage dealt by the target. As an attack, the target may try to physically tear an object or treasure being carried from the wizard carrying it. Roll a die, on a result of 2,3,4 the attack succeeds and the target of strength takes possession of the treasure or object. If already carrying a treasure, he cannot try to take another treasure from someone's grasp.
    Lifestone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you gain 1 life at the start of your turn (you may never exceed 20 life). If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

jdarksun
    HP: 17/20
    Spellstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may draw 1 extra card each turn. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed. | 0
    Humunculus | Neutral | Self | Temporary | Creation : Create a Humunculus with life energy equal to this spell's energy. While this spell lasts, each time a LOS attack targets you, Humunculus leaps into its path, allowing you to automatically evade the attack (if possible). Humunculus suffers all damage from the attack, ignoring all other effects. If Humunculus intercepts an attack that cannot be evaded, you both suffer the damage and you suffer any other effects as normal | 0

SeGaTai
    HP: 6/20
    Experience: 4
    Cards in hand / Max: 6/9
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Shatter | Neutral | Self | Permanent | While this spell lasts, you deal 1 crack per point of damage you inflict to objects (rather than 1 crack per 3 points of damage)
    Brainstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item your maximum hand size is increased by 2. First time you cast or acquire Brainstone, immediately draw two cards. If you lose the Brainstone, immediately discard two cards. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed

Bedlam
    Cards in hand / Max: 5/7
    Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw as an attack for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    Bloodshard | Item | Self | Permanent | Trinket : While carrying this item, reduce the damage by 1 each time you suffer damage from a source

blahmcblah (Stunned 1 turn)
    HP: 9/20
    Dagger | Item | Adjacent/LOS | Permanent | You can either throw or stab with the dagger. If thrown, you deal 3 physical damage to any object or wizard within LOS. It then drops in the target's square. If stabbing, you deal 2 physical damage to adjacent wizard or object.

Tayrun (Halfway losing his mind)

Custom Special

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Obi, yellow is spelled 'yellow' not 'red' :)

• Options
    I was trying to confuse you. Did it work?

• Options
    Getting "page not found" for that tayrun link. Which is weird.

Its weird you guys.

• Options
    Three more for The Pit. Welcome, @Darian, @artadius, @GoodOmens. You information will be sent to you shortly.

Its gonna get really crowded, really quickly.

• Options
    Where are my cards, I need cards, got more wizards to fight

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    My alliance is the best alliance, @Darian @artadius @GoodOmens . Message me for more details.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    My alliance is the best alliance, @Darian @artadius @GoodOmens . Message me for more details.

Cylon alliance, yes?

• Options
    ahahahahah!

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    I hadn't had a chance to pull that version of my avatar out in a while.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    So, wait, am I replaced or not? How many turns got skipped?

I have gotten literally 0 notifications about this. All hail vanilla.

• Options
    Your last turn got skipped but you got a day to submit orders for this one.

And you havent posted in a few days so no one knew what was up.

• Options
    Tayrun wrote: »
    So, wait, am I replaced or not? How many turns got skipped?

I have gotten literally 0 notifications about this. All hail vanilla.

You are most definitely not replaced if you still want to play. I sent you your hand a while ago, but can resend it again if you missed it.

You haven't taken any damage or anything yet, so you aren't really at a disadvantage.

Yay! :D

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @Tayrun, do you need me to resend your Pit Welcome Packet?

ObiFett on