As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    pfft my brother named his Dachshund Titan

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They'll have to face off against my cat, Abaddon the Despoiler.

(Actually, her name is April, but we treat her as a chaos titan when she jumps up on the gaming table)

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    My suggestion of MARNEUS CALGAR, LORD OF ULTRAMAR didn't go down as well

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

(Actually, her name is April, but we treat her as a chaos titan when she jumps up on the gaming table)

He faces down a Coyote all the time so I have little doubt he has the Knows No Fear rule

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

Is it "Abba-don" or "A Bad 'Un"?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

Is it "Abba-don" or "A Bad 'Un"?

The one that annoys the most people at GW.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    So, my GF and I current live in a pretty small apartment but as soon as we have the space we want to get pets. She wants a big dog and I want a cat.
    We were discussing animal names earlier, and long story short my suggestions of a Doberman named Lysander and a cat named Eldrad went down well.

All of my suggestions for warhams-related dog names were shot down. None of them were good anyway. Warhams names are not good for dogs.

Cats, being soulless abominations - the most destructive and some how most useless life-form, would be better suited. But cats are just the fucking worst.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    The best name for a dog is Nurgle.

• Options
    Cats, being soulless abominations - the most destructive and some how most useless life-form, would be better suited. But cats are just the fucking worst.

Friend of mine has a cat named Terror.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    When I get a dog, I shall call him Eisenhorn. Or Barbarisater.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    My dog is named Rupert, which is admittedly a kind of Warhammer Fantasy name. I'm pretty sure he's a witchhunter. Except instead of witches he hunts food. None escapes his nose.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm in the mood to build some penal legionaries for my golden IG, but I don't really want to do the standard catachan/prisoner ragged look. I sort of want to use some kind of animal standin, with guns. Like dogs, or ghoul servators.

Cool legionnaire conversion ideas, go!

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    HenryWardHenryWard Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    I'm in the mood to build some penal legionaries for my golden IG, but I don't really want to do the standard catachan/prisoner ragged look. I sort of want to use some kind of animal standin, with guns. Like dogs, or ghoul servators.

Sharks with laser beams on their heads, in hovering tanks pushed by Servitors. It even fits the WYSIWYG for lasguns!

• Options
    HenryWard wrote: »

Sharks with laser beams on their heads, in hovering tanks pushed by Servitors. It even fits the WYSIWYG for lasguns!

Sweet! I already drew some concept art for that!
    shark.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    McGibs... I need more Locust. Like, seriously

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Freakin sweet... so...

How much time should I really expect to spend on painting an army (grey knights)? Starting to feel like hundreds of hours to do a proper job.

I suppose that's the point, a hobby requires some devotion. It almost feels shameful to ask, but this is the first time I'm not feeling satisfied with the time invested. I'm not yet to the point of paying for painting.

• Options
    But.... I make video games now.
    The whole comic thing wasn't making me rich and famous. Also, I wasn't an emo 17 year old kid anymore. :B

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Freakin sweet... so...

How much time should I really expect to spend on painting an army (grey knights)? Starting to feel like hundreds of hours to do a proper job.

I suppose that's the point, a hobby requires some devotion. It almost feels shameful to ask, but this is the first time I'm not feeling satisfied with the time invested. I'm not yet to the point of paying for painting.

It really depends. I generally spend an hour per model on rank and file infantry, but I play IG and Fantasy, so corners must be cut for me to keep my sanity. Some people paint at a glacial pace and their stuff looks awesome.

If I were you I would try painting a perfect GK and see how it looks, and how long it takes you. Then paint a tabletop quality one (i.e. looks good from 1-2 feet away), and note the same things. From there on just weigh the benefits vs. your time. Personally, I'm fine with doing Tallarn Flesh->Ogryn Flesh wash->Tallarn Flesh highlight for my Marauders. Cause there's a ton of them and on the table that looks great. I could layer up an elf flesh highlight or something, but I'd rather have 20 tabletop-quality Marauders in a week than 5 perfect Marauders in a month.

• Options
    I think colour scheme and army theme make more of an impact than quality if your aiming for a cool army, without spending decades painting. Experiment with colours that you like, and when you find a good scheme that really pops, it can go a long way to make up for quicker painting.

A quickly painted/low quality silver GK army will look like ass compared to a good quality silver GK army.
    But a quickly painted flaming pink and blue GK army can't even be compared!

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Anyone want to vassal? Must have mic for skype or Vent.

LETS DO THIS.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    But.... I make video games now.
    The whole comic thing wasn't making me rich and famous. Also, I wasn't an emo 17 year old kid anymore. :B

I am not interested in your excuses

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Altmann, I want to play vassal sometime, but you have to lead me by the hand like some scared and timid child. Not right now.

But soon.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    no worries, I can help. I helped mojo or whoever it was the other day. It was easy peasy.

signature.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Forge World continues to not build up to a Pre-heresy range, honest guv', with the Tartaros Pattern Tactical Dreadnought Armour:
    tart10.jpg

tart15.jpg
    I bet one day they'll drop the first Primarch model and we'll all flip out.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    HenryWard wrote: »

Sweet! I already drew some concept art for that!
    shark.jpg

Hate to see the Cyber Orca that fucks it up.

(Orcas > Sharks)

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    According to google, it will have much more advanced implants.
    cyber_orca_by_theenupnion-d491zwv.jpg

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Freakin sweet... so...

I always assumed GK would be the fastest army to paint given their small number and the fact that they're like 90% silver.

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Yeah they dont have that many models in most list, but those models have a bunch of little details that add alot of time. Like my vanguard/honor guard for my BA are all red except for the helmets and the detail bits. But they were made using the death company kit so they have a shit ton of small details to paint. Makes them look great when you finish, but it made five guys take about as long as painting 10 regular assault marines would take. However, you could always do what the local GK player did with his interceptor and purifier squads, spray grey, paint helmet white, silver weapons, pick out eye lenses, wash & done and just ignore most of the detail bits.

• Options
    And now I want to paint Grey Knights.

Thanks, dicks.

• Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Well I thought it would be smart to prime with chrome.

First, any gloss primer is a not so good idea. Next while the metalics look perfect, everything else needs more basecoat. Finally the chrome goes on pretty thick. I'll do my next squad black primed.

It does look great on vehicles. ;)

• Options
    I did the Chrome mistake once as well for an interesting result
    in Doomtrooper/Mutant Chronicles/Warzone Cybertronic had troops called mirror men. So to get the effect of a mirror I thought chrome paint would work. I went to a auto shop and bought some chrome bummer touch up since I would not need that much

O I did get the chrome/mirror effect but after the years it dulled and flaked off :( I have tired to clean them only to make it worse

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Car colour paint is notoriously feeble* regarding wear and tear; the actual finish is normally hard varnish over the top of the colour coat.

* I recall a few years ago that someone screwed up the final coat on a batch of new Fords and the paint started getting acid etched by bird poop, right back to bare metal.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    I heard PaintVagrant (used to do awesome commission work) used army painter metallic spray to do some grey knights and they came out fantiastically. I would probably try that.

signature.png
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Car colour paint is notoriously feeble* regarding wear and tear; the actual finish is normally hard varnish over the top of the colour coat.

* I recall a few years ago that someone screwed up the final coat on a batch of new Fords and the paint started getting acid etched by bird poop, right back to bare metal.

It was not really car paint but the stuff they touch up bumpers and other things chrome on cars with

• Options
    edited March 2012
    altmann wrote: »
    I heard PaintVagrant (used to do awesome commission work) used army painter metallic spray to do some grey knights and they came out fantiastically. I would probably try that.

The only thing PV has ever painted that is worth talking about are his TSons
    1ksons_cmon.jpg
    Actually, everything he has ever done is amazing and I'm sad his website is gone

Nax on
  • Options
    UNNNGGGGGHHHH I want to sex those models. They are so pretty.

signature.png
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    Cuanto cuesto?

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Wow. Those are some nice Thousand Sons. Now I can't have a Thousand Sons army, because it will never be that pretty. :(

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular

Thanks, dicks.

I must be turning dyslexic, I read this as "And now I want to paint Grey Knight dicks, thanks."

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »

Thanks, dicks.

I must be turning dyslexic, I read this as "And now I want to paint Grey Knight dicks, thanks."

Sure, okay.

This discussion has been closed.