As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Actually, I've been trying to get my hands on one to use for parts for a daemon prince. Can't seem to find an affordable one, though.

eBay UK has one for 2 of these "quid" units, and a few more for 7-8.

Oooh. I'll look into it once I get paid.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Instead of doing a full cross post, I'm just going to raise awareness of my post in the Art thread.

A post where I show progress on my Kroot.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Very nice IG kroot, there, Anon. I assume IG due to the weapons.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Dark Eldar. We discussed that last page.. or maybe it was the page before that :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Im finally down to the last couple models out of 50 or so that I have been stripping. If I ever decide to buy painted mans again someone slap me.

steam_sig.png
    In before 3rd Adepticon rules scandal involving Tony K, that teenage Space Wolf playing kid.

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    In before 3rd Adepticon rules scandal involving Tony K, that teenage Space Wolf playing kid.

It happened again?

I ordered this KR Kaiser 4 from our FLGS and their distributor couldn't get it to them... I ordered it in January and waited until last week to cancel the order. I ordered it from Miniature Market and they sent me a Kaiser 3 instead. FML.

E26cO.jpg
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Nice job Anon.

• DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    So clue me in, what happened?

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular

Links, etc

Nova Open 2011 he used Njal's top of the turn powers when he had second turn
    Then, I believe it was Adepticon 2011 that he won but his list was over 10 or 15 points or something

I had a game where I was accidentally 500 points under. My opponent kept making comments like "So that's all your Tau?" and "You don't have anything in reserve?"

I'm not one of those really smart kinda guys.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    It's ok. Addition trips everyone up sometimes. :D

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What's the best is when you don't know you're 500 points under and you still table your opponent.

I always wanted to do something like 1500 of grey knights vs 2000 of demons. Something asymmetric, to mix it up.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Terrible math skills are the number one reason I favour Kill Points over Victory Points.

Also, yeah, an asymmetrical game would be interesting.
    1500 of Paladins or something vs 2000 points of meat grinder demons. See how long it takes for the GK to go down.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Long ago, when I first started playing 40k at a store that has long since closed, I played in a cool escalation league where if you won, you got to add 150 points to your list. If you lost, only 50, and if you tied, 75. It was a pretty cool system, until it got to the point where certain people couldnt lose due to such a big points disparity, certain people were crippled by not having enough points to even play people in the middle of the pack with any chance of winning, and the people in the middle just kept playing each other because they were the most closely matched. It always made me sad that the organizers didnt try to find a way to balance it all out, because it ended so early due to people getting sick of it.

I toyed around afterward with the idea of reversing it... so losers got more points to help them out, but in the end it just works out the same way, but with the added negative of people throwing games for benefits.

I think the best way to do a one-off type game with a points disparity, would be with a planetstrike type setup where there is an attacker and a defender. Have the defender get more points, but have the attacker only need an easier to obtain objective to win... Like, "Get a unit into base with this missile array" Or have thedefender have more points but a win condition like "Survive to turn 4 when reinforcements can arrive"

That would be pretty cool

You're in Florida right? @Nax have you been to Tate's? My buddy used to live down there and showed me pics of Tate's on Facebook. Amazing store. Looked like mostly animu stuff but I'd like to visit there some time.

E26cO.jpg
    Long ago, when I first started playing 40k at a store that has long since closed, I played in a cool escalation league where if you won, you got to add 150 points to your list. If you lost, only 50, and if you tied, 75. It was a pretty cool system, until it got to the point where certain people couldnt lose due to such a big points disparity, certain people were crippled by not having enough points to even play people in the middle of the pack with any chance of winning, and the people in the middle just kept playing each other because they were the most closely matched. It always made me sad that the organizers didnt try to find a way to balance it all out, because it ended so early due to people getting sick of it.

I toyed around afterward with the idea of reversing it... so losers got more points to help them out, but in the end it just works out the same way, but with the added negative of people throwing games for benefits.

We have a similar escalation league going on at our store right now, where everybody always gets more points for their army each week so nobody plays unfair games, but games won during the week allow you to unlock more FA slots, since everybody would only start with 0-1 HQ, 1-2 Troops. Also there is only one of each Special Character, so the first person to unlock them gets them, and anybody else that relies on them for their stupid broken list can't take them *ahem*DRAIGO*ahem*

Also the scenarios are crazy for each week, we have yet to have a pitched battle because those get super boring after a while. It's been super fun.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    So there's a planetstrike game tomorrow at an LGS near me and NAX.

NAX doesnt' want to go because of DIABLO 3.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    omg planestrike force org is RIDICCCC

Incoming space wolf list with 7 dreads and 3 thunderwolf lords.

signature.png
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    What's the best is when you don't know you're 500 points under and you still table your opponent.

There's this dude, he loves 40k, but he keeps on losing. He likes to play with all the 'big stuff' so we always play 2,000 points or 2,500 points or even more! But sometimes he loses big. So the last few times I've been playing him, I've been playing with a handicap. (I don't tell him what I'm doing, just trying to make him feel better! And no, he doesn't read this forum)

He will play at 2,500 I'll take 2,200. He still lost.
    Next game, he took 2,500 and I took 2,000. He still lost.
    Recently, he played 2,500 and I fielded 1,750. He still lost.
    Last time I played him with 1,500 and he had 2,500. He still lost, and then I realzed he just sucks.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    ...I toyed around afterward with the idea of reversing it... so losers got more points to help them out, but in the end it just works out the same way, but with the added negative of people throwing games for benefits.

People will do anything to win. Allowing a bonus to losing is a great way to balance things. At least untill those WAAC players start losing on purpose. Give the advantage to the loser, it makes more sense. But make it small, so the WAACers won't lose to win!

Give a mere 2% (or perhaps even 3%) points allotment to the loser. It's not a big deal, it might be enough points to allow an additional piece of wargear. It most likely won't be a game turner, but it can help.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
    altmann wrote: »
    So there's a planetstrike game tomorrow at an LGS near me and NAX.

NAX doesnt' want to go because of DIABLO 3.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You're back to that thing where you cap my name like its an acronym :PI thought we'd moved past this?

Also, its D3 with my wife, so its different and very important to ensuring she likes the game to a point where she will play it with me at launch :P

This dude's deviantart account is my favorite

Ultramarine_Tyranid_Hunter_by_LynxC.jpg

http://lynxc.deviantart.com/

lol

E26cO.jpg
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Having only recently gotten back into 40K I am struggling with where to take my Necrons next. Currently I have 40 warriors, 1 Necron Lord, 1 converted Cryptek (Made from a Pariah and extra bitz from my destroyer lord), 10 Scarab swarms, 2 Wraiths, 5 Destroyers, 1 Destroyer Lord and a Monolith.

I definitely want to fill out the Wraiths but I am waiting for the release of the new models and I want to pick up a command barge/annihilation barge to get the Overlord so I can at least field the Necron Lord and Cryptek. But aside from that I am lost with what to pick up. Does anyone with any experience with the new codex have a recommendation? How is the Doomsday ark? What about the elite choices, are the Lychguard or Praetorians worth the point cost?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    Muggins is that you in that picture?!?

saluksic wrote: »
    Muggins is that you in that picture?!?

Man I wish I could get locks like that.

I finished my first tervigon.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D

More pics and process here.

E26cO.jpg
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Having only recently gotten back into 40K I am struggling with where to take my Necrons next. Currently I have 40 warriors, 1 Necron Lord, 1 converted Cryptek (Made from a Pariah and extra bitz from my destroyer lord), 10 Scarab swarms, 2 Wraiths, 5 Destroyers, 1 Destroyer Lord and a Monolith.

I definitely want to fill out the Wraiths but I am waiting for the release of the new models and I want to pick up a command barge/annihilation barge to get the Overlord so I can at least field the Necron Lord and Cryptek. But aside from that I am lost with what to pick up. Does anyone with any experience with the new codex have a recommendation? How is the Doomsday ark? What about the elite choices, are the Lychguard or Praetorians worth the point cost?

Doomsday Ark is a pretty nice gun but since it's open topped, there's a good chance it won't hold up to sustained fire for very long. A good amount of firepower for a low price is the Annihilation Barge. Still open topped, but 90 points for a S5 & 7 gun that can generate extra hits is a good deal. Immortals are a nice second troop choice now, especially with the tesla carbines. Lychguard can take a bit of punishment with their shields. Deathmarks are good at making one particular unit of your choice go away fairly quickly.

I'd say focus on some long range fighting, since you have a lot of jump infantry in there already. Get some Deathmarks, barges and Immortals up in there, you should be doing just fine.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular

What's going on?

makosig.jpg
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    This dude's deviantart account is my favorite

Ultramarine_Tyranid_Hunter_by_LynxC.jpg

http://lynxc.deviantart.com/

lol

His Space Marines are so... dashing.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    We're not anywhere near Ft Lauderdale, unfortunately. Lot of the cheesy cheating neckbeard types used to go to 'Ard Boyz down there so they didn't have to compete with the generally strong Tampa Bay area players, so I've heard of Tate's before. Never been

lol planetstrike:

2000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

HQ: Bjorn the Fell-Handed (2#, 335 pts)
    . . 1 Bjorn the Fell-Handed, 335 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Smoke Launchers; Wolf Tail Talisman; Dreadnought CCW; Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Ancient Tactician; Living Relic; Venerable; Ward of the Primarch; Saga of Majesty)
    . . . . 1 Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod (IA) ((IAAse, pg. 32); Unit Type: Vehicle (Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 1 Dreadnought; Assault Vehicle; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)

Elite: Dreadnought (2#, 140 pts)
    . . 1 Dreadnought, 140 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter; Multi-melta)
    . . . . 1 Drop Pod (Unit Type: Vehicle (Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Storm Bolter; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)

Elite: Dreadnought (2#, 150 pts)
    . . 1 Dreadnought, 150 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Assault Cannon; Dreadnought CCW; Heavy Flamer)
    . . . . 1 Drop Pod (Unit Type: Vehicle (Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Storm Bolter; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)

Elite: Siege Dreadnought (IA) (2#, 185 pts)
    . . 1 Siege Dreadnought (IA), 185 pts ((IAAse, pg. 29); Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Extra Armor; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Assault Drill with Heavy Flamer; Flamestorm Cannon)
    . . . . 1 Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod (IA) ((IAAse, pg. 32); Unit Type: Vehicle (Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 1 Dreadnought; Assault Vehicle; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)

HQ: Wolf Lord in Power Armour (2#, 230 pts)
    . . 1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour, 230 pts (Unit Type: Cavalry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Runic Armour; Thunderwolf Mount; Storm Shield x1; Wolf Claw x1; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Independent Character; Rending in CC only)
    . . . . 1 Fenrisian Wolf (Unit Type: Beasts; Vicious claws and fangs; Counter-attack)

HQ: Wolf Lord in Power Armour (2#, 235 pts)
    . . 1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour, 235 pts (Unit Type: Cavalry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Runic Armour; Thunderwolf Mount; Storm Shield x1; Thunder Hammer x1; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Independent Character; Rending in CC only)
    . . . . 1 Fenrisian Wolf (Unit Type: Beasts; Vicious claws and fangs; Counter-attack)

HQ: Wolf Lord in Power Armour (1#, 190 pts)
    . . 1 Wolf Lord in Power Armour, 190 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Runic Armour; Frost Weapon x1; Storm Shield x1; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Independent Character; Saga of Majesty)

Elite: Iron Priest (5#, 170 pts)
    . . 1 Iron Priest, 170 pts (Unit Type: Cavalry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Runic Armour; Thunderwolf Mount; Bolter; Thunder Hammer; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Battlesmith; Counter-attack; Rending in CC only; Saga of the Iron Wolf)
    . . . . 1 Servo Arm
    . . . . 4 Cyberwolf (Unit Type: Beasts; Vicious claws and fangs; Counter-attack)

Elite: Dreadnought (2#, 140 pts)
    . . 1 Dreadnought, 140 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Assault Cannon; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter)

Elite: Venerable Dreadnought (2#, 225 pts)
    . . 1 Venerable Dreadnought, 225 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Dreadnought CCW; Heavy Flamer; Multi-melta; Venerable)

Validation Report:
    c-1. File Version: 1.44 For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Imperial Armour, Planetstrike, Named or Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Planetstrike - Attacker
    Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
    HQ: 2 (1 - 3)
    Elite: 6 (0 - 6)
    Troops: 0 (0 - 6)
    Fast: 2 (0 - 6)
    Heavy: 0 (0 - 3)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

signature.png
    That's a lot of Dreadnaughts. What does the drill do?

Drills motherfuckers.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Matrias wrote: »
    Drills motherfuckers.

I mentally inserted a comma. Then I mentally removed it again.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    Drills motherfuckers.

I mentally inserted a comma. Then I mentally removed it again.

Really it works with or without one.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

There's no wrong way to read it.

• PetrikovPetrikov Registered User regular
    Anybody have tips for getting the glow-effect used on this Noise Marine's legs?

This discussion has been closed.