As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Go play something else? Write your own rules? I don't know what to tell you.

If only GW would take their rulebooks digital. Then they could just, you know, update that shit. No more FAQs. Just rulebook v1.1.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Red Herrings haven't been worth their points since 3rd Ed.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Go play something else? Write your own rules? I don't know what to tell you.

If only GW would take their rulebooks digital. Then they could just, you know, update that shit. No more FAQs. Just rulebook v1.1.

No one is complaining to you, so you're under no obligation to tell us anything. But stop butting in to the middle of decent, honest conversations with your pointless little quips. Whether or not I play other games has nothing to do with the fact that I want this one to be as good as it can possibly be, and I like to talk about that.

SJ on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Lets talk about gants being born instead of the true nature of the hobby

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    it's like they're being pooped

out of the front

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    it's like they're being pooped

out of the front

Isn't this how all babies come out?

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Just felt like I should post about how terrible tomb blades are

tomb blades are terrible

Eh, Tomb Blades could be a hell of a lot worse.

100 points for a full naked squad fulfills a harassment role quite nicely and the Necron book doesn't really have anything else that can fill that role.

• Options
    Well, yet, I'd rather just have the [x] Scythes

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    Lets talk about gants being born instead of the true nature of the hobby

So babies really are parasites?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    So how about these rumors of 6th edition and also flyers, huh?

For whatever reason I went to BoLS (I think I was looking for info on printing custom decals) and glanced at a post about the 6th edition box rumors and I'm pretty excited about that.

Flyers I could do without. I just don't feel like is meshes properly with 40k. I work on a base and have F-18s and F-35s flying overhead all the time. They fucking move. There's no good way to represent that on the tabletop, imo.

• Options
    CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    I too would rather flyers be restricted to infantry abilities like orbital strike or master of ordnance. Vehicles are already in a weird place when it comes to their durability. Adding another tier of durability higher up because of speed considerations, seems like a not so good idea.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I like the idea because of the models...but over all they will probably be bad.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Playing through Space Marine on hard. The Stalker Pattern Bolter is just the bees knees.

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Yeah. Fliers is a bad thing for this scale of 40k.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    PAX prime reg is up. you should reg if you plan on going.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    How much is it gonna be to bro with you bros in brotown? If I go I might be able to handle flying for less than 400.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Registration is not up, Altman lied.

My wife and I will be going for sure. I'll probably be attending PAX, she'll be just coming to Seattle with me.

I will at the very least be bringing my 1850 points of Templars.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    LOL they took it down.

Luckily i saved the URL of the site i registered from (I actually registered and paid already):

https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=581&site=FAN#

I will let you know Law, once I know who's going to PAX i can get an idea of the rooming costs.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Coolio, I'll be sure to wait as long as possible then not be able to get a deal on a flight.

On another note, working on an 1850 C:SM list for Mechanicon in October (or for something else if it's sooner, like Dexcon which I just found out about) and since it won't be IA allowed (no Issodon for me) I'm thinking of what kind of HQ to run. Maybe just a Librarian?

Edit: Or I could take my 2k list, take Issodon and get rid of another 10 points and that's 1850.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Not really interested in PAX, but I'll definitely be going to Adepticon next year and participating in the team tournament.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    LOL they took it down.

Luckily i saved the URL of the site i registered from (I actually registered and paid already):

https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=581&site=FAN#

I will let you know Law, once I know who's going to PAX i can get an idea of the rooming costs.

-Adam

Am I crazy, or did prices go up a little bit again? Wasn't a 3 day $60 last year?
    I mean, I'm absolutely going because it's so amazing, just curious if I'm imagining it or not.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    One of these years I'm going a one of the PAXs. Probably East.

Back on the topic of 'hams 40k I'm generally not happy with the direction 40k has been moving. Looking back at the old Rogue Trader stuff and pretty much every edition up until 5th things were a lot more skirmish-y and there was significantly less emphasis on big stuff. Now in 5th it's all mech mech mech and apparently in 6th it's expected to be all flyer flyer flyer.

I hate building and painting big stuff. If I wanted to do that shit I'd build model cars.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Back on the topic of 'hams 40k I'm generally not happy with the direction 40k has been moving. Looking back at the old Rogue Trader stuff and pretty much every edition up until 5th things were a lot more skirmish-y and there was significantly less emphasis on big stuff. Now in 5th it's all mech mech mech and apparently in 6th it's expected to be all flyer flyer flyer.

I hate building and painting big stuff. If I wanted to do that shit I'd build model cars.

Just buy a sweet table with terrain from this guy on Craigslist (http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/tag/2970393509.html).
    No room for all that mech!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    That table is boss as fuck.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

That's beacuse GW realized they could sell more models and make more money if they did such. Game balance is secondary to selling models.

Edit: For proof, look at fantasy. There's two ways you can run in fantasy, really, right now. Lots of big fancy monsters (conveniently new, shiny, and expensive) or hordes of little guys (meaning buying lots and lots of boxed sets). They sell skeletons 10 to a box now. 10! How many do you need for a decent unit, plus extras to raise? 40K is going this way too. Needing boxes/mech was just the first step.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Yeah. Fliers is a bad thing for this scale of 40k.

Yeah but still I liked that they gave DE air to ground attack craft as it seems to fit their theme.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I hope I can eventually find a group to play Black Crusade with in my area. Particularly since the Tzeentch supplement they're releasing adds Thousand Sons Sorcerer as a class. Link!

Seems to be more powerful than the other starting characters though.

Also picked up Space Marine for the PC for ten bucks. Need to get back into it (I have the 360 version), but glad to see a few other people picked it up during the sale. Now if only I still had all the armor and weapons unlocked.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    CERAMITE WHITE IS AMAZING

THAT IS ALL

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    IMHO, flyers should be limited to Apocalypse.

But the Dark Blue Imperial Navy and Guard player would say otherwise....

http://album.warpshadow.com/d/65420-1/05300053.JPG

....And he has more!

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    He says I have no access!

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Tempted to start dipping because brushing on washes is just too harrrrddd....

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    I'm once again in America. Project Deathwatch will be commencing shortly. Just missing one order of bitz from some communists in Australia.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    I'm once again in America. Project Deathwatch will be commencing shortly. Just missing one order of bitz from some communists in Australia.

Deployment over, or are you on leave?

• Options
    Oh cool I found a way to paint black. Paint green and accidentally add one coat too many of your wash.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Law you're such an innovator!

I am hours away from being done with my first semester of graduate classes. I'm doing a case study on chlordane, but what I want to be doing is painting Deathwatch for Trace, playing Space Marine with Keenbean and Anon (I'm better now!), or, uh, sleeping.

P.s: if you ever eat a polar bear, you'll be so full of pesticides that you sweat will probably kill roaches. Yay environmental chem!

• Options
    P3 Coal Black is the coolest black ever, because it isn't black. It has just a little bit of blue in there and it is now on my favorite color list along with Mechrite Red.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Coal Black for best colour.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Almost tempted to do a DIY chapter in coal black.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    P3 Coal Black is the coolest black ever, because it isn't black. It has just a little bit of blue in there and it is now on my favorite color list along with Mechrite Red.

coal black ind of reminds me of GWs midnight black from back in the day. I too love this color and will try to use it all the time.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I use it any time I want a cool blue/black. It works so well for it.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
This discussion has been closed.